LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Fishing > Fishing Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

USING MEMBERS ONLY LURES

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 38>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by rodsncods rodsncods wrote:

good to see your on the NO SUGAR drinks chrisLOLWinkConfused.......mick
yeah i know mate i cant believe it myselfConfusedLOLLOL
that's no how ye make porridge!
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 6:08pm
Good to see this thread up again, i really need to go fishing!
ducks what lure did you lose? Send me a pic or just pm color name etc.
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 11:45am
Originally posted by Nicho Nicho wrote:

Good to see this thread up again, i really need to go fishing!
ducks what lure did you lose? Send me a pic or just pm color name etc.

I dunno mate. Have to go on memory. It was 35/40mm single hook at the back. But not the same shape as the Herman. Was black and green. Looked like it would make a good trout lolly.

Got some updates to come in this thread when I get sorted through photos from last week too.
bignanny View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CAM Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bignanny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 9:07pm
Here's a few small Salmon a mate caught last week on some CAM lures up at Pormpuraaw. Plenty of them about but not too many barra.
All my braids gone!
MadDogLures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 9:13pm
Love the photo's Thumbs Up

Cheers,
MD
Life is fishing!
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2018 at 3:42pm
I think a lot of people have seen these over facebook already but I promised I'd update the thread so here goes...

A couple on a Wests Tigers Blinky

One on a little nude by Fysshe

A good few on some Kuttafurras

This chunk ate my Kuttafurra AND the other blokes Classic Barra

Nichos got in on the action (and I missed a nice jack on it too)

One on a Morry

My first effort with one of PJs beautifully foiled trout was met with destruction...

But his other lures produced...

Mark A produced the biggest fish of my trip

A highlight for me was taking one off the surface on one of Dishleys little poppers...

I used more, and caught fish but some photos seem to have not worked (the troubles with getting people to use your camera...) and some I didn't stop for.
But I think I should be able to pull some stills from the GoPro for more Kuttafurra action, more on PJs, some of al49s creations, Fysshe lures, and some of the old lures that Fysshe refurb'ed for me.

Oh, and here is a picture of a (formerly) mint condition Flopy eaten by a barra...  Just to upset you collector types...
LOLLOLLOL

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2018 at 3:58pm
Great report John. Looks like you had some good times
Thanks fore putting another species on the list of my Lures
Hope to see some more from the GoPro

Knaek & Break
          Per
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2018 at 4:57pm
PJ I also got a golden snapper (Fingermark) jigging your special spoon in deeper water.
I'll have to pull that off the gopro too.
Chep Buxley View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chep Buxley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2018 at 7:13pm
Great fish mate. Please keep showing photos on Lure Lovers, not everyone follows Facebook.
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 2:27am
[QUOTE=Ducks] PJ I also got a golden snapper (Fingermark) jigging your special spoon in deeper water.
I'll have to pull that off the gopro too.

WOW now I'm even more curious to see what's on your GoPro
Thanks John

Knaek & Break
        Per
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
LOBBY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOBBY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 6:51pm

caught at Wivenhoe dam last week
DON
LOBBY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOBBY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 7:26pm
caught on a lobby lure at Glenlyon dam recently
DON
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 6:25pm
Good report Ducks!
Well done LOBBY great lures mate i love em.
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 8:10pm
Great going Ducks and Lobby - all good fishThumbs Up
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 10:32pm

PJ - I knew I got a goldy on gopro.  Unfortunately it was looking in to the sun and didn't get a great screen grab.
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 3:00am
Thanks John
Taken off the bucket list

Knaek & Break
        Per
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 7:57am
put the original post in the fishing reports but these are the lures i used to catch the cod and yellas on. top lure is one of robbos lures from st george and the vibes/blades are porkys lures from texas. the vibes are made from 22-250 shells and they do go off with a bangWink........mick
BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!!!
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 8:19am
Mick do you think it is the hook arrangement with the fly feelers that appeals to the fish.

Are they quite active in the water as you wind in or do the clump up

Regards John
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 8:38am
these vibes have a strong vibration when lifted and on the drop shoot off in different directions not just fluttering back down like other vibes. matt fraser and i tried them in his pool, never seen a lure behave like these......mick
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 7:53pm
couple of the fifteen i got on porkys bullet vibes........mick
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 10:16pm
Nice yellas Mick - ya short haired freakWinkLOL
Martin-

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 5:39pm
OK now that I can use my lap top, even though it is a little ( a lot) slow - on the Monday after the Lure Expo I went out to Stanthorpe and scored 2 murray cod in Sundown National Park.

I now can't remember the exact sizes but the one on Seaweed's barra lure was about 52 cm and the one on an Illusion Lure 12 cm Wedgetail was a little larger. Bother were in pretty good condition. Both fish  came from around the rocks and the first one hit at about 10 am and the next about half an hour later. Checking the barometer in my car and the barometric pressure dropped about 20 hectapascels  at about 11 am. I reckon the cod were gaining heat off the rocks (partially out of the water and in direct sun light - ambient temperature was approx 14 degrees - love a car with these sort of sensors and recordings in)

This was the first cod on Seaweed's lure. The ghosted the lure right to my feet until I couldn't retrieve it any further, then it just slowly peeled away (pays to watch your lure coming in). A quick 3 metyre cast and it ghosted the lure in again the same way, but when I stopped winding in, the fish slowly followed the lure up hitting it just as the lure stopped on  the surface. No fight as I just poled the fish onto the bank still very green. A couple of quick snaps then the lure flung from it's mouth as it went nuts on the bank. To save it from thrashing too much on the bank I just flipped it back into the water. I would have liked some better photos for Tony but ...

The fish caught on Wal Muffett's Illusion Lure Wedgetail hit me further out near an exposed rock. This one gave me a bit of curry and I had to walk him to a more accessible spot. I was able to keep him in the water for photos as he was pretty  knocked up.

Martin-

Chep Buxley View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chep Buxley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 7:32pm
Nice fat fish! Well done.
Doc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 11:35pm
Very nice cod and love there colour.
Must have been very clean water

My youngest son caught his very first cod just down the road at Deepwater on the surface he was pleased as punch not to be second place to his older brother
hypnos View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hypnos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 7:36am
good job martin - nice fishing
cheers
bazz
a wife & a steady job are a handicap to the serious fisherman !!
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 7:44am
good onya martin , ya long haired lout.......mick
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 11:29pm
Yes Doc, the water was extremely clear. The water level was way down as it hadn’t rained for quite a while so no discolouration of the water.                  Thanks Mick, ya short haired git
Martin-

steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 5:33pm
Got a couple of barra on mates lures while fishing WEIPA recently with my brother. Colin Moores "MFL lures" worked extremely well on the barra. Nice action. Dropped a couple more.

Gave my old my mate Gary Akers lure a spin...didn't take long to get a barra on his lure. Love this old school mangrove mauler!

cheers steiny
RAVA View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
AkLures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RAVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 6:28pm
Thankyou Darren glad the Mangrove Maulers worked for you

Cheers Flacco the happy
Fish hate me!!!

Cheers Gary
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 8:08pm
some good fish there Darren not surprised at all that Gary's lure scored well done!Thumbs Up
that's no how ye make porridge!
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 11:29pm
ClapClapClap Well done Steiny, MFL ures and Gary ClapClapClap
Martin-

Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 8:19pm
Read this thread top to bottom again today.
Its a bloody good thread. Chomping to get out amongst it again with some pretty sticks.
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 6:55pm
You're a legend Martin, now go and catch a barra over a metre. First Cod on a Seaweed Barra.
Regards, Tony.
"Always Merry and Bright"
al49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 8:41am
great going ,still to land a cod on the bucket list 
it a lot better world if you just smile
gimme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gimme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 12:46pm
Just saw the post Steiny where you caught a couple on my lures. Always great to see fish caught on something you have made. 
Thanks
Plastic is for storing lures, not making them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 38>
  Share Topic