LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Fishing > Fishing Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fishing Report Eucumbene this Weekend

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 29>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 9:20pm
Finally 15cm of snow on the hills received last night. 

Just another fishy story.
Had a loop on the spool casting into the wind last night and had to hand lined a brown (54cm) caught on Chris's lure, due to I think wave action , (I was not watching lure at that stage)  snagged on a limb, on the way in, fished jumped about and released himself and saved lure.

Photographed and released.

This evening -2 fresh, cold , finger tips red raw nailed a nice 50 cm brown in the shallows on Pete's Hazmail Lure.

Hard to film with strong cold wind blowing white bag blown everywhere..

Regards John

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 9:34pm
Great to see you getting some again John. Nice conditined Trouts Smile

Knaek & Break 
            Per
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 7:09pm
Good going John, nice fish.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2017 at 10:28pm
-9 in Cooma this morning.

A little " Fresh" on the Lake this arvo saw one other fishing a visitor from Canberra he came across for a chat from a sheltered area and had a look at my 50.5cm brown which was in good nick and a slightly smaller rainbow.

Appears a car might have got bogged near the boat ramp with the light activity we saw just before dark.

Caught the brown on one of Per's lures after I "miss placed" snagged a lure on a hidden branch.
Fingers red raw after cleaning in the conditions.
By the end of the week should recover it at the rate the Lake continues to drop.

Two trout in the conditions was not bad, for a young fellow, certainly too rough for boating.

Per just cannot stretch them up to your sizes yet, but still try trying.

Regards John

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 5:36am
Very Nice Trout John Smile
Hope you recover the missed Lure. Was that one off mine Shocked
John remember your Trouts are Brown Trouts ore as we would say as thy are cought in a Lake. 
Lake Trouts, and the ones i catch is Fresh Sea runners.

Knaek & Break 
               Per
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
MadDogLures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 9:05am
Brass monkey weather down thereShocked,Warm here today for a temperature of 24 Cool  
Hope you find that lure and keep on fishingThumbs Up
Great size trout and are you going to smoke it? 
Love that smoke trout you gave me when we were fishing and chasing rabbitsLOL
Stay warm John Thumbs Up

Life is fishing!
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 9:28am
Originally posted by MadDogLures MadDogLures wrote:

B
Stay warm John Thumbs Up

wonder if you can smoke rabbit?ErmmWink.nice fish JohnThumbs Up
that's no how ye make porridge!
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 11:02am
Originally posted by puglee62 puglee62 wrote:

B
Stay warm John Thumbs Up

you would need extra large rolly papersConfused.......mick
BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!!!
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 11:28am
Originally posted by rodsncods rodsncods wrote:

B
Stay warm John Thumbs Up

you would need extra large rolly papersConfused.......mick

and a lot of matches .....
Martin-

Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 8:10pm

B
Stay warm John Thumbs Up

LOLLOLYou cooked something I can get my hands on like fresh rabbit and it's plentiful  down at Adaminaby... Smoked Rabbit tasted like "Cornish hen meats pork"LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLWinkWinkWinkWinkWink
Life is fishing!
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 10:25pm
Portal  no water

59 yabbies in a 50 cm brown caught today. Two browns 50, 49 and one rainbow one released all after 4pm, a great hour and half fishing

Rough but not as rough as the 40 plus klms yesterday, had the lake to myself.

Regards John

whipit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whipit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 3:35am
Looks like a desert instead of a lake now John...and that's one hungry trout with that much in its gut. Hope your fingertips don't fall off one day.
whipit
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 6:49am
don,t know anything about the area/lake but how does the water level rise and fall so much. is it for irrigation or snow melt after winter? would there be fish kills with so much rise and fall?.....mick
BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!!!
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 9:40am
Mick for some reason the Snowy prefers to fluctuate Lake Eucumbene heavily for their working needs.

Like power. irrigation. town water.

Forgot to put these pictures up.

An improved turning circle for boats at Tantangara for now, visited the area yesterday.
No snow at all in that area due to our very very mild winter. 
Very useful for the the water level at the moment.
As it rises no doubt they will continue to add further improvements.
A bonus for all of us at the moment bought about by the feasibility study under way on our energy requirements for the future, which Tantangara water supply could take a very important part.

Not sure how very large falls in water levels and then sudden increases will effect the fish.

First photo  bottom right hand corner deadly LURE snags.

All my fish lately have been caught in the shallows and the chest wadders assist in recovering lures. I get called upon by some visitors to recover their lures as well.

Bought nine 1-3 kg rods waiting on the last two to arrive, they have certainly assisted  me in casting these light lures in the strong winds. (Testing them at he moment to find out which best suits my requirements)
Many casts, need to be into or side on to the wind.

Last three week since weather has started to get windy.

Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 8:29pm
You been busy John testing those 9 rods out and I am assuming they are different brands?
Tantangara  looks good and windy too.

Also that picture with the utes looks like the spot where I got my first rainbow,
You know John the blind ratLOL
Life is fishing!
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 8:02am
Spot on  Dave.

You might remember how narrow the road was, and if launching a boat you needed to back  back around 600- 700 metres

Several tried and gave up.

You can pick this up in the bottom photo.
I was very pleased with a 7ft rod and ordered a further two. Already received and a mate ordered one and he is waiting on its delivery probably today.
Regards John

Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 8:29am
That seems to be better now for the utes too, a lot more stones on the road and I thought it was the spotWink

Cheers,
Dave
Life is fishing!
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 9:51pm
Photo taken on old rusted boiler . No dry surface close to waters edge.  BOM 29 % Lake eucumbene

Five clean yabbies bottom off stomach and a large lump of back dirt/mud with a few tiny yabbie legs
Bloody seagull stole the medium yabbies whilst I went back to the bag to get a photo.

3/2/3

Caught three released two lost three (trying barbless treble hooks.) In strong winds fishing in shallows.

That is a piece of rust centre of picture after seagulls left.

Hands bloody from cleaning 56cm brown

Seemed to be plenty of mud in the stomah

Am I missing something,

Regards John

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 7:20pm
Sure it's mud John? Unless  the fish was scooping a mouthful of soft mud to get at a yabby hiding in it?
Martin-

puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 7:51pm
Trout eat all sorts of crap Martin,we catch them with sticks mud and rocks in thier stomachs on a regular basis.Wink
that's no how ye make porridge!
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 8:01pm

Trout eat all sorts of crap Martin,we catch them with sticks mud and rocks in thier stomachs on a regular basis.Wink

Puglee maybe you should do a trout lure with, sticks,mud,rocks, weed,yabbies, mudeye and flysLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL Also a smoke rabbit tooLOLLOLLOLLOL

Do you know what I meanWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Life is fishing!
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2017 at 12:03am
Quick trip to Canberra Sunday Pete (Hazmail) was kind enough to shape and organize a pair of small spilt-ring pliers. Thanks Pete.  Tools and I do not get along.
Returned to the Lake today  the weather a little crisp, (gloves required)  strong south easterly winds started late in the arvo. Had a long walk three hours and one hit. Caught my best conditioned Brown for some months. A 59 cm  Brown on Per's lure.
Used a 7ft2" two piece Sambo rod with unusual reel winch received in the mail this morning. (Bought off eBay).
I believe it only became available in  Mid July . Anybody looking for a rod to toss light lines and light lures should check it out.
A very fine tip early days for me and not sure what punishment it can take, have ordered a spare in case it does not last the distance.
Bom says Lake down to 28%.
Regards John

Very deep in the back and great colour.

Per still not up to your standards yet. ( MK 1)

Could not stretch her into the 60 cm range.
A non breeder this year.

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2017 at 5:59pm
Well done John and Per - top fish Clap
Martin-

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 10:01pm
The first of the fronts have arrived ,just rain at the moment ,snow Friday night and onwards . (hopefully)

A visitor from Canberra and I braved the elements I caught 2, released two and lost two.
My new mate in the light rain had only one strike, and caught a lovely 63 cm brown in excellent condition,very deep in the back.

(A very happy chappy)

Second photo covers boat owners  nightmares.
Fence wire and missed placed lure

Regards John

Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 10:08pm
Beast. Bet your mate was stoked John. Cracking the 60 is not easy at all.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 12:47am
You are so right Danny.

Dropped the laptop they do not bounce back like they used to.  Screen dead.

Son showed me how to use the TV screen as an interim measure.
Had a good outing in the rough conditions today
First time I have caught two trout over 60cm in the one day.60, 63, early 50's all released (long and thin) kept a 41.6cm brown for smoking in good order.

Three groups out in the conditions two sheltering out of the winds . did not see any fish caught other than mine. Sleet and rain arrived wind got stronger everybody retired at the same time.

Yesterday was rougher spray lifted off the white caps winds were blowing between 35-45 according to BOM no doubt reached higher when the gusts went through.

.Nobody else was in attendance in my area yesterday nor did anybody attempt to launch a boat, just too dangerous
Shallow and more hidden snags appearing Lake just under 28 % now
Snow down to the 700 metre mark in the next day or so according to BOM. I will need to do a bit more walking to avoid bogging
Blowing a gale outside at the moment and solar sensor lights reacting to the strong winds  .Finally a decent bit of rain for us.

Most of the strikes are in the brown dirty  shallow water not sure if they are following the lure and striking or are already hunting in close, hard to tell.
Regards John

then a front arrived and wind dropped.

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 1:33pm
Your posts are very entertaining and tutorial thanks John. I never would have thought of passing the lures through the dirty water as one tip I have picked up.
Martin-

Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 2:03pm
Great fishing on the 63 cm .
Life is fishing!
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 4:09pm
Hope to add some snow pictures later this evening , off to the Lake shortly to do battle.
Invited around to a new mate has 300 odd lures to move on.

regards John

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 4:25pm
Some great Trouts even if thy have spawned and is slim. You get them another day when thy are in full condition Smile
Looking forward to see the Snow Pict. Glad there is some time here, before we have it Wink 

Knaek & Break
                 Per
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 9:04pm
Not like your snow Per

Ours is late and only just arriving.
Landed on me then melted To warm at the 1200 metre mark.

Found one rainbow kept for smoking . A non spawner

Not another enquiry, lasted till dark , heavy swell no white water today.

another front approaching

regards John

That was from over night only

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 1:01pm
Nice healthy rainbow John. Does that fish's tail and fins on the underneath look a little larger then normal? Or is it just me?
Martin-

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 1:49pm
Good question Martin Will check when smoking ,have dated catch.
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 9:31am
Nice pick up John and good to see a bit of snow happening around the place.
Life is fishing!
hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 8:57pm
Liked those pic's of the mud John, the old ''windward shore'', its hard work sometimes but can produce when it's cold (no bugs around) --for summer trout, I think its the opposite.
Nice looking fish too.  Thumbs Up
Pete
   'RAYNA' ---Free Range Lures
peterayn@yahoo.com.au
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 29>
  Share Topic