LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > The Luremakers Shed
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Syringe glue gun

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Syringe glue gun
    Posted: 11 May 2017 at 1:05pm
Hey guys, has anyone successfully made or purchased a glue gun that is able to hold 5-10ml disposable syringes for glueing bibs etc? At the moment i am just pushing the syringe against the table but that gets tiring after a while. Thanks in advance
Fishizzle Lures
Blinky View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Blinky's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by Scotty ray Scotty ray wrote:

Hey guys, has anyone successfully made or purchased a glue gun that is able to hold 5-10ml disposable syringes for glueing bibs etc? At the moment i am just pushing the syringe against the table but that gets tiring after a while. Thanks in advance

I made one from a caulking gun, knocked up a timber section that accepts the syringe and glued it into the piece on the gun that the caulk tube sits in. Works a treat.

I'll take a photo this arv.
Blinky.

Blinky's Lures.
The lures that catch fish, not fishermen.........
Facebook
Scotty ray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 3:18pm
Cheers Blinky, sounds great. I look forward to a pic. Thanks
Fishizzle Lures
Blinky View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Blinky's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 6:36pm
Blinky.

Blinky's Lures.
Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 9:48pm
Thanks Blinky...exactly what I was after. Maybe I won't dread glueing as much!! Haha
Fishizzle Lures
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 6:56am
bloody good idea BlinkyThumbs Up
that's no how ye make porridge!
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 1:21pm

Scott, I just use a 20 ml syringe without problem. The bigger syringe allows a bit more force but the secret is to warm up the Araldite first. 

I just sit the Araldite in the sun to make it thinner.  Don't make up too much Araldite, as it does stiffen up after about half an hour. I usually do enough to glue about 15 lures.  Then I clean the vaccinating needle (#16 or 17 for 0.9mm wire or catheter fitting for 1.2 ml wire) and syringe in thinners.

The best syringes have an "O" ring seal, rather than the rubber plunger fitting. You can get them from a Vet.  

You can buy the syringes for marinating meat, which would allow more pressure to be applied to the glue. Buy one with a metal shaft!

I bought these 2 plastic shafted syringes in Hawaii and the plastic shaft had too much flex when the glue stiffened up.  You can buy metal shafted syringes from KMart or BigW (??)

Beer

Travers

Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 6:08pm
Bloody good idea blinky
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
hooknose View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hooknose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 6:14pm
Good info lads Cheers !!
Steve R !!
MAN I LOVE FISHING ! ! !
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 9:32pm
Both great ideas thanks for sharing.

Regards John

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 6:29pm
Thanks Travers, another great idea. I'll keep an eye out and test them both out.
Fishizzle Lures
Doc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 1:54am
There is a guy who got funded on kickstarter about 12 months ago, that had a cordless solder paste dispencer to a preset volume to 0.000cc I will dig up their info
This is a youtube clip of it
Doc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 2:11am
I found the kickstarter page they finished their funding and are sending out there dispensers now. Here is there page the unit also operates as a vacuum unit....Anyone want to glue on those 3D eyes 
For the internet curious there is a few fisho's coming up with ideas for funding on this site as well 
OCD View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
OCD Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OCD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 6:24am
I use syringes as well, the ones you get from the Vet, same as Travers mentions. But I use plain white vinegar to clean up. As long as you get the glue before it goes too hard, it cleans up fine, cheaper, it doesn't attack the rubber and not as harsh on your skin as thinners.
Cheers,

Gavin
Blinky View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Blinky's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 10:09am
I don't think the I-Extruder is available for sale....

Found this manual dispensing gun:
http://au.rs-online.com/web/p/material-dispenser-accessories/5057821/?sra=pmpn
Blinky.

Blinky's Lures.
Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 11:53am
I was looking at those ones too Blinky... expensive though.
Fishizzle Lures
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 12:41pm

Thanks Travers, another great idea. I'll keep an eye out and test them both out.

In all honesty, Scott, you are far better off using a 20 - 30 ml syringe than some cumbersome other thing, to inject the glue.  A syringe is easy to handle, particularly with small lures. I've never had a problem in 25+ years of lure making.  Just warm up the Araldite before mixing it and only mix up 5-6 ml at a time.

These "O-ring" are the best syringes to use (as opposed to the one's with the rubber plunger)

The syringes with the rubber plunger work fine, but they are difficult to clean.

Beer

Travers
Doc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 7:47pm
A.I only...... hay Powelly
That wouldn't be Artificial insemination 
If you get them second hand , I bet there cheaper,,, you just have to shake the F*!%  out of them

The i-extruder is for sale but you need to contact them directly by email
info@i-extruder.com

Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by Doc Doc wrote:

A.I only...... hay Travers
That wouldn't be Artificial insemination 
If you get them second hand , I bet there cheaper,,, you just have to shake the F*!%  out of them

Rubber (latex) kills the sperm, Paul. The Vets use these syringes for artificially inseminating horses. Pretty handy info, if you're in the mood to hump a horse! Confused

Pretty handy for gluing lures as well Thumbs Up

Travers
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 8:41am
Hump a horse!? Dont be so ridiculous.
Try a goat.
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
Doc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 11:12pm
NaAAh I have got bad Knees Nicho 

It never ceases to amaze me, how fast I can degrade a conversation 

The below address is for a mechanical gun for 30ml syringes the price is right.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic