LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures > Lures you have made
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aussie lace patterns

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 7:00pm
like I said you guys are just WEIRD!

Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 7:01pm

glider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 7:10pm
Rally 44, I should have listened, is it possible to put the lid back on the worm can? Are there no v.o.c regulations in Australia ? Is this goat based lure shenanigans contagious?
glider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 7:32pm
Is it possible to unlook at those last few ?
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by glider glider wrote:

Is it possible to unlook at those last few ?
no you are ruinedLOL,got any pics of scottish goats?,i love to see a goat in a nice tam o' shanterTongue
that's no how ye make porridge!
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 11:56pm
Goats in kilts....bring em on!
:)

glider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 2:47am
I will heading up the glen to visit my highland kin in a week or two, I think they are fond of goats up in those parts. We don't have wild goats where I am (near glasgow). There are feral beaver but no goats, I will consult great granny angus on your behalf-she knows stuff....glider
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 3:36am
Feral beaver probably sounds more interesting than goats...
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 8:27am
Thanks glider, please let us know auntys thoughts.
I have a few feral beavers that live close by, i wonder if they are related.

glider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 8:53am
In all seriousness, wild beaver became extinct in scotland a few hundred years ago, a beaver pressure group persuaded the Scottish government to allow the reintroduction of wild Scandinavian beaver about 15 years or so ago, they have now spread up and down the water courses resulting in many hot and bothered anglers , I must admit ,when it was regularly in the Scottish news it was the cause of great hilarity !
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 11:24am
AAAAAANNNNNDDDDD I think I better leave the subject of Scandinavian beavers (and back packers) alone ........ don't want Big Tony to kick me offWink
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 5:03pm
Dont worry about tony martin, hes partial to to fury critters..hes just in denile.

Glider i can imagine the beaver news coverage would of been quite entertaining :)

glider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 9:51am
Nicho it was fantastic ,don't want to lower the tone but you you can probably imagine, it was big news in scotland. Being a bit careful what I say here, but around that time I had a competition fly fishing team for a fictitious fishing club (that is a whole other story) , so the government beaver people had been researching possible sites , I wrote to them giving many reasons why wild beaver would be most welcome down our way, and the more the merrier ! They actually sent a polite reply politely declining -b******
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 9:56am
YA all a bunch of wiedoos LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLregards bob
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 10:28am
Originally posted by bassnbob bassnbob wrote:

YA all a bunch of wiedoos LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLregards bob

Not so much that you would notice hey B.O.B.?????LOLLOLLOL
Martin-

Mr Viper View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Viper Lures (Still Young)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Viper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 9:36pm
I can hear Uncle Tony's footsteps ???
Fishing ??? Lets do it !!!!!!!!!!
glider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 10:41pm
I will word my questions more carefully for sure ! On a different subject, when looking at some of the bigger (murray cod ?) Lures you guy's make, it's difficult to get an idea of the actual size and volume/bulk of them. Also, are the big diving bibs purely for depth and action ,or for bouncing off structure. ..glider
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 5:59am
Glider
Cod will take any size lure.
Average lure size may be 70mm long 20 to 25mm width.
This size lure is capable of catching any size cod if made well.
Some lures are made from 70mm up to over 200mm long.
Cod will eat basically anything that moves.
The bibs play the obvious roll of depth..action..etc
depending on fishing location.
they will take a surface lure as readily as a diving lure.
The larger body shape (fatter style) lures seem to be preferred...cod seem to like a wide wobble lure as opposed to a tight shimmy...but they will eat anything.
The bibs and bib angle used to help create the desired wobble also help the lure walk over structure on a slow retrieve....cod generally like living in amongst fallen trees/ structure.
Just my thoughts.
Jas

glider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 7:20am
Got you nicho, we dont really have any species that like lures bumped along the bottom structure, not a method used here at all. I make my pike crank/trollers fat and bulky with a wide bib also, thats why I took notice of ausie lures. On harder pike waters I find a big thumping wide wobble beats the tight wiggle....peter
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Nicho Nicho wrote:

Glider
Cod will take any size lure.
Average lure size may be 70mm long 20 to 25mm width.
This size lure is capable of catching any size cod if made well.
Some lures are made from 70mm up to over 200mm long.
Cod will eat basically anything that moves.
The bibs play the obvious roll of depth..action..etc
depending on fishing location.
they will take a surface lure as readily as a diving lure.
The larger body shape (fatter style) lures seem to be preferred...cod seem to like a wide wobble lure as opposed to a tight shimmy...but they will eat anything.
The bibs and bib angle used to help create the desired wobble also help the lure walk over structure on a slow retrieve....cod generally like living in amongst fallen trees/ structure.
Just my thoughts.
Jas

YEAH ...... what Nicho said in a nut shell. In addition, they will also take large flies as well.
Martin-

Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 6:45pm
Correct...we have very large flies in AUS...so large they are often mistaken for ducks.

MadDogLures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 7:37pm
And Baby kids LOLLOL (baby goats I meant)Wacko just ask BOBLOL

Life is fishing!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic