LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > Lure Collecting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Promotional lures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toharsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Promotional lures
    Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 7:18am
Hi all does anyone collect promotional lures?
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 6:52pm
There are a few people that do collect them.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Toharsu View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toharsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 7:06pm
Thanks. I have NRL Cocoa Cola, NT Barra Nationals and oil company promotion lures.Cheers Ian
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 7:11pm
Are they the Reidy's Coca Cola lures? There are 2 different designs in the medium and deep divers in those. Put in a search using the search function quoting "Coca Cola" to see the differences.
Martin-

Toharsu View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toharsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 7:37pm
It's a Reidys Taipan deep 3.5 m floater and still in the original box.
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 5:11pm
I have 2 I thought 3 but cant find the third, Altimers I think But mine are all the same
I have a Manns Coca-Cola
The only person I know of tha has the whole 3 Reidy`s Is Martin so take note of what he says
Kimo
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 5:11pm
Old Timers
Kimo
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 9:28pm
What colour is your Mann's lure thanks Kimo? I have 4 of them, a gold, a red, a black and a white one.
Martin-

Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 7:49am

I only have the Red but still trying
Kimo
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 8:57am
Originally posted by horrorhead horrorhead wrote:

What colour is your Mann's lure thanks Kimo? I have 4 of them, a gold, a red, a black and a white one.

Are they plastic, these promotional lures you collect?
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 10:14am
I collect any promo lures- timber, plastic, metal, even have a couple of soft plastic promo.  But I don't believe they are worth the big price some people put on them
Martin-

Toharsu View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toharsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 2:28pm
I have a green and yellow "John Deere" Spinnerbait. Given to me as a birthday present. Unknown were it was purchased or obtained.
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 5:48pm
Yer I`m a bit the same as Martin Any promotional stuff is good, some would seem to be in abundance, others I think I shall now Nick name Martin Lures mostly made of plastic but as rare as Martins Hair Cuts
And He deliberately seems to have all the rare ones
I do not have as greater access to the older and historic timber hand made lures and even if I did do not have the ability to identify them
However I can read a bit of writing on the side of a lure
Guess I`m sort of a second class collector but enjoy it
Kimo
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 7:30pm
Just collect what you like Kimo. They don't have to be expensive. I can't help myself but to have a collection of Les Barlow's, at $5 each.
Martin-

Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 8:38pm
Nothing wrong with plastic kimo.
I was just having a poke at Marty for collecting plastic ones when they're not good enough for him to use
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 11:41pm
All good guys
I have a bit of a lot of stuff nothing that most would call great but enough for me to enjoy dabbling with
I was also just having a friendly stir with martin ,no offence intended
But yer I got heeps of plastic, will never use a fraction of it, I think I just like the pretty colors
Kimo
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 10:22am
No offence interpreted and I still don't like plastics to use. At the barra comp, my mate Bill had a gold bomber broken by a 66 cm barra, luckily the lure broke after he lifted it out of the water. But I do like promotional plasticsLOL
Martin-

billy stringer View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billy stringer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 3:04pm
have quite a few promotionals Jaz lures great northen beer few reidys Woodstock bourbon coca cola boral concrete products lysart builcing products,xxxx, fish and boat etc to name a few
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 4:49pm
I haven’t seen a Woodstock lure before Billy if you would like to pop up a photo( Also the Coca Cola lures, are they the Reidy’s or The Mann’s? I have a few Mann’s rattling spot type lures in yellow, black, white and red Coke promos and keen to see other colours. I believe they also bought them out in the stretch 10+ as well.
Martin-

Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 9:22pm
I seen a Silver Rapala/ Rebel shaped with Black Coca-Cola on each side
tried but could not buy it
Got a Woodstock Bourbon & Cola Orange Head Gold Body Yellow belly and I thought I had a Brown one some where but can`t see it must have been dreaming
Kimo
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billy stringer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 10:00pm
Martin the cocacola one I have is the reidys taipan,the Woodstock bourbon is also reidys same colour as Kimos. Having problems uploading the picture have one more go other wise talk to my guru and send it tomorrow
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 8:01am
Thanks Kimo. Billy that would be good to see
Martin-

Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2018 at 12:19pm
Have a few promo lures from the NT, if I can remember, I'll throw into the bag for the next Expo. Martin take a note to remind me before June, good trading stock for any Aussie timbers I don't have.
Seaweed.
"Always Merry and Bright"
micknq View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micknq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2018 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by horrorhead horrorhead wrote:

I haven’t seen a Woodstock lure before Billy if you would like to pop up a photo( Also the Coca Cola lures, are they the Reidy’s or The Mann’s? I have a few Mann’s rattling spot type lures in yellow, black, white and red Coke promos and keen to see other colours. I believe they also bought them out in the stretch 10+ as well.

Are you forgetting the Halco Coca Cola mate?
wickky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2018 at 4:53pm
Dad has a few but all American, storm etc. Will grab some pics tomorrow
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billy stringer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2018 at 5:32pm
have another go Martin have a couple other reidys Boral Lysart
micknq View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micknq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2018 at 6:09pm
NFS
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billy stringer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2018 at 6:21pm
nice lure  Mick havnt seen that one
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2018 at 6:48pm
Haven’t seen that one before either Mick- nice.           That bourbon lure looks great Billy.
Martin-

Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 7:17pm
Like the Halco Mick
Think I missed one of them earlier this year .
Cheers Kimo
wickky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 7:20pm
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 7:36pm
What make of lure is that Wikky - looks to be a Storm.
Martin-

wickky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wickky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 7:53pm
Rivers Edge Horrorhead. A few others packed away and couldn't find quickly
wickky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wickky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 7:55pm
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 6:58pm
Now that is col - I like thatClap
Martin-

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic