LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > What the blazes is this fishing Lure?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help with ID please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with ID please
    Posted: 23 Nov 2021 at 11:10pm
 Been sitting in the tackle box for a while. g in the tackle box for a while.
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 4:41pm
Has the yellow one got a dimple in it’s head? If so then it’s a Paul Nicel from your area
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Whales View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 5:25pm
Yes it has, thankyou for that. 
Cod Classic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cod Classic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 10:40pm
Whales

Martin is on the money with the Paul Nicel "Humpty" lure. Wonderful lure, especially for here in Mulwala. Unfortunately not being made any more. Have spoken to Paul just recently.

You said you had some Seeker Lures. Your top lore has a Seeker look about it in the body and eyes but not the traditional square, scalloped bib. It may be a refit.

Something rings a bell with a "Cobalt" lure for your bottom one. You may have to do a bit of research on that. 

Cheers TB
Whales View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 7:25am

HI Murray Cod
                  Yes the top one is a bit of a mystery, it's a little bit rough around the edges, hand cut bib, lacquer runs on the side, glue on the bib, but still a nice Lure. I brought a few Lures off Alan at shoreline in the time so it may even come from up your way. Hopefully someone might recognise it. 

Thanks Tony
DocYarrum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DocYarrum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 8:01pm
Bottom ones a Willy’s Worm from The Producers if it’s plastic.
Out of the States from memory
Cheers,

Troy
Whales View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 8:32pm
Thanks for the feedback guys, Was wondering what a reasonable value is on the Paul Nicel Humpty nowadays as I wouldn't have a clue. Regarding the top lure, a friend I Fished with at Mulwala reckons a bloke was selling them out of his car boot and that Alan sold them at shoreline. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cod Classic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 10:48pm
Whales

Up until recently that size "Humpty" was still available. As I said Paul is not making any more at present. Value??? What anybody is willing to pay for it, extra if it will help complete holes in a collection. Personally I would value it at around $20. (As I said, a personal opinion)

Its interesting to hear Alan (Shoreline Caravan Park) used to sell the top lure you have in the photo. Spent plenty of time in the office at Shoreline but cant remember them. He could be the best man to talk to about them. He is a ripper of a fella and would be happy to help I'm sure.

Cheers TB

puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 2:43am
Originally posted by DocYarrum DocYarrum wrote:

Bottom ones a Willy’s Worm from The Producers if it’s plastic.
Out of the States from memory
i was thinking the same Troy
that's no how ye make porridge!
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 5:00pm
Looking at the top one ..Rocco had this old one confirmed as Ray Boughton and yours looks very much the same.
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 5:02pm
I think I would ask Ray to confirm it or deny.
No doubt a lot of test models were tried early on.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cod Classic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 9:47pm
Deb could be onto something?? I didn't know Ray made ;lures with Perspex / plastic bibs but it looks like he certainly may have.

Cheers TB
Whales View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 8:54am
Thanks Guys
                   I've sent a couple of photo's to Ray to see if it is in fact one of his, and if not does he know who the maker might be.

Tony
Whales View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 11:57am
The Lure is not one of Ray's, so it's maker will remain a mystery. 

Tony
MadDogLures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2021 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Whales Whales wrote:

The Lure is not one of Ray's, so it's maker will remain a mystery. 

Tony

Tony it could be one of mine but need to see photo of under belly to be sure.

Cheers
Dave
Life is fishing!
Whales View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2021 at 7:05am
MadDogLures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2021 at 3:38pm
Thanks for the photo Tony and it's one I made in 2012. 
I sold heaps of one offs to people back then in 2012-2014.

Cheers,
Dave
Life is fishing!
Whales View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2021 at 4:23pm
Thanks Dave, I'm a bit confused now, This lure has been sitting in my tackle box since the nineties as i've not brought a lure since then so the timeline doesn't quite fit.

Tony.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic