Forum Home Forum Home > Fishing > Fishing Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FISHING WITH MY SON

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 6:07am
Thanks all Smile
Martin iff you ever come to Denmark. Look me up, and I will take you Pike fishing Big smile

Tony I really hope you Manége to do that. It is a really great way to spend time with ouer kids 

Knaek & Break 
          Per
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 9:49am
Patrick came home today after a week of vacation with a good friend and his family.
Asked if we should go to our local stream and see if he could catch a sea trout. It's been 8 years since I last fished there
As said so done and he managed to catch one of 41cm.
On the Banana Lure of course
One happy Son, and one happy Guide  Big smile

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 8:22pm
Nice fish, I would be happy with a trout like that as well
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 9:34am
HE DID IT AGAIN LOL
This one was 42cm. on the same Banana 

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 11:08am
AWESOME...... hey Per, you will have to get fishing lessons off himClap
Martin-

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 10:15pm
Cud be Martin LOL Sure is some great trips we have Big smile
Any one can help me why the Pict. vent wrong. Can´t seem to fix it ConfusedEmbarrassed

Knaek & Break 
     Patrick & Per
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
Chep Buxley View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chep Buxley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 9:39am
Well done to both of you!
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 12:33pm
If I want to post a photo taken with my iphone, I have to save it to my lap top, change the orientation of the photo, save it, then exit out of that folder. Then most of the time the photo comes out right. Don’t use “ flip “ went orientating the photo, as this doesn’t seem to work. I’m using Microsoft’s picture manager 
Martin-

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 7:55pm
Thanks Martin. Will try that Thumbs Up
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 9:37am
Not all fishing reports are about caught fish
Here is at least one:
Patrick and I have the last few days gone to the local Stream in the evenings to try if he can catch a Sea trout, on a Lure, he all by himself, both draw and designed  when he was 10 years old. 
He made 3 pcs. back then, and I have had them hidden so he could have them when he grew up.
Now that he will soon be 18 years old and like to fish again, he thought it could be fun to catch a Sea trout on one of them. 
The day before yesterday we had to have an extra trip before the fishing started with a hand saw to the creek, as he had "planted" Shocked it in a tree on the opposite side of the creek the night before.
So we had to go for a little walk and I climbed up the thin branches of the tree that hung over the creek and sawed the branch down it was sitting in Stern Smile
Earlier that evening he had had a trout take the Lure just as it landed in the creek, but when the counterattack came the fish had spat it out
What not to do to save the son's creations so he can hopefully catch a good Fish on it Smile
He has promised me when the first Trout is caught, it will retire so I do not have to be afraid of more climbing trips Big smile
Last night he had a trout of approx. 60cm. that puffed to the Lure, just as he pulled it up at the rod tip. 
So it must soon be time Confused
More will follow when the first Trout is on land

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chep Buxley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 12:23pm
Great story Per! I hope you have a spot on the wall ready to hang it.
MadDogLures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 3:35pm
Well done Per and i have to let John know.

Cheers,
Dave
Life is fishing!
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 9:13pm
That looks like a good little lure. Great story Per and hopefully we will soon see a fish on the lure.
Martin-

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2020 at 9:27am
YEEEHAAA LOLLOL
He got it tonight. a nice 43cm. on the Patrick Lure 
Damned live is good Big smile

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
HARTE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HARTE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2020 at 10:36am
Brilliant, congratulations! ClapClapClap
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chep Buxley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2020 at 12:10pm
You beauty!
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2020 at 9:20pm
I think you better start making lures in Patrick's design Per. He seems to be on a winner.
Martin-

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 9:08am
Today my Son Patrick and I made a trip to Lake Glenstrup, as the weather was fine without too much wind. I quickly started out with a very small Pike on one of my Minnows. released in the Water.
Patrick had a good strike on one of my Minnows in slim version. 
Then I got a very small Perch, not much bigger than the Lure Shocked It came back.
A little later Patrick got a good hit. It was a new PB. Pike of 75cm. that came home for a meal
Then it was my turn to catch a Pike of approx. 70cm. who came back when we had Patricks to eat.
I lost a little later a Pike at approx. 70cm. by the Boat.
When we agreed to finish, I was the last to get a nice Pike of approx. 90-95cm. who also came back
We had several good hits during the trip, but without hook up. 
So a super wonderful day with Patrick Big smile

Paticks PB. Pike 75cm

Mine about 70cm. Released

The last off the day about 90-95cm Released

Thanks fore looking Smile

Knaek & Break 
    Patrick & Per

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 7:05pm
Well done . Those like are an awesome fish.
Martin-

HARTE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HARTE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 7:23pm
Great day out Per, well done! Clap
Those Pike certainly look aggressive, I bet they hit a lure hard.
Cheers, Graham
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 9:23pm
Thanks Smile
Pike are quite aggressive. They often stand completely still, or swim around quietly. When a prey comes close enough, they explode and snatch it with great force.
 The same in the fight, they are often like pulling a tree trunk in, but close there are explosions and jumps.
I usually land the slightly larger ones that need to be released in what we call the "Pike grip" where I gently bring my hand in next to the Gills. Then I can hold it without damaging it and avoid the many thousands of sharp teeth in the mouth.
However, Patrick's Pike gave me a little "kiss" as we call it, as it bounced just as I picked it up to kill it. It resulted in the Gills that also have small teeth hit my hand Confused

Knaek & Break 
            Per

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 10:00am
Well done Per, Looks like you and Patrick had a great trip.Thumbs Up
How long do the pike grows?

Cheers,
Dave
Life is fishing!
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chep Buxley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 11:44am
Great fish!
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 7:41am
Dave 
the largest Pike ever in Denmark was not caught on rod. it is from 1929 measured 150cm. and weighed 26.5 kilos
Largest catch on rod is from 2019 measured 127cm. and weighed 22.14 kilos. Thy are not from this Lake. 
Biggest I ever have caught there was on Fly rod and was estimated at approx. 12 kilos. Would love to see Patrick get one off those Big smile
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 8:49am
Thank's for letting me know Per, your 12 kilos Pike would of been a great battle on the fly rod and its just a matter of time before young Patrick gets one.

Cheers,
Dave
Life is fishing!
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by p.j. p.j. wrote:

YEEEHAAA LOLLOL
He got it tonight. a nice 43cm. on the Patrick Lure 
Damned live is good Big smile

ClapClapClapClapClapwell done young man!
that's no how ye make porridge!
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by p.j. p.j. wrote:

Today my Son Patrick and I made a trip to Lake Glenstrup, as the weather was fine without too much wind. I quickly started out with a very small Pike on one of my Minnows. released in the Water.
Patrick had a good strike on one of my Minnows in slim version. 
Then I got a very small Perch, not much bigger than the Lure Shocked It came back.
A little later Patrick got a good hit. It was a new PB. Pike of 75cm. that came home for a meal
Then it was my turn to catch a Pike of approx. 70cm. who came back when we had Patricks to eat.
I lost a little later a Pike at approx. 70cm. by the Boat.
When we agreed to finish, I was the last to get a nice Pike of approx. 90-95cm. who also came back
We had several good hits during the trip, but without hook up. 
So a super wonderful day with Patrick Big smile

Paticks PB. Pike 75cm

Mine about 70cm. Released

The last off the day about 90-95cm Released

Thanks fore looking Smile

Knaek & Break 
    Patrick & Per

you guys are on fire!ClapClapClapClap
that's no how ye make porridge!
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 8:22am

Today's trip on Lake Glenstrup, which took place in beautiful weather Cool
Patrick totally out fished me. But I'm certainly not sorry at all LOL
He quickly got the first fish off the day. a new PB. Pike meassured to be 85cm. 
It was quickly released after measurement. Thumbs Up
It gave a really good fight. (watch video)
During the day we got both 3 good Perch each to fillet. Looking forward to eat them Big smile
While we were fishing for the Perch, Patrick got fish on and we actually figured it was a good Perch. But when it came in to the boat it turned out to be a Pike and it was one of the good ones Shocked
After a relatively calm fight, with a bit of tug of war back and forth, I had to use the catch hook in the outer jaw as the Lure sat so it was impossible to make the gill grip. 
Quickly measured and a few quick pictures where Patrick held it and then re-released again.
JUBIIII exactly one meter in length and probably approx. 8kg.
BIG CONGRATULATIONS Patrick Thumbs Up 
I am pretty sure this is not the last trip with Patrick Big smile

https://youtu.be/gkOOiHtmFc8

1 meter Pike and one happy Patrick + Dad Handshake 

Knaek & Break 
       Patrick & Per
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 9:17am
Great effort Patrick!! Nice fish and the weather looks great too...
Fysshe
ArdentAngler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArdentAngler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 12:32pm
Great story, very addicting sport you got him into!!! Congrats on the catches, awesome jobClapThumbs Up
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 4:53pm
Nice! Well done Patrick, and well done Dad! ClapCool
Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 7:31pm
A very good trip and great to see Patrick enjoying himself . You and Patrick are smashing them 
Martin-

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 8:36am
Patrick and I made a trip to Lake Glenstrup, as the weather report promised summer-like weather.
Patrick was the first to notice fish when he got a solid bite. When he got the rod in his hand, the fish took so much, he almost lost the grip. 
Unfortunately it went off after a short time. Heck I wish I had seen that Fish, which we are pretty sure was really big Pike
well we fished on fore some time before anything happened again. it was a nice Perch for Patrick.

Then he got a little Pike on a Fugly Lure. it was released again

FINALLY it was my turn to get a bite. It was a nice Pike of approx. 75cm. It was also released again 
No Pict. Smile because, as I hauled the pike in, the Sea Eagle flew past close to us.
It is very rare in Denmark and the first time Patrick sees one
So we concentrated most on looking at the Bird LOL
such a great experience to have shared.

Then it was Patrick again and this time there was more life. it was a really nice Pike of approx. 90cm. which gave a good fight by the boat. So good it unfortunately shook so much with its head it cut Patrick's braided line over and ran with his favorite Lure (one of my 100mm. Slim MN-1 in pink)
Also no picture here, as I figured it would be up and lying on my newly purchased measuring / weighing mat fore the photo Cry

Next fish was a nice Perch for me on a Fugly Lure.

In total on the day we kept 13 really nice Perch to fillet. Put several smaller ones back in the water. 
All of them except two were caught on Lures made by Chris Cinclair

Kneak & Break
          Patrick & Per

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 8:48am
Great day out Per and Patrick .Smile
Well done Fugly Wink

Cheers,
Dave
Life is fishing!
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chep Buxley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 12:06pm
What a great trip!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic