LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Fishing > Fishing Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Luring Cooktown

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141516
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 9:52pm
But wait, we have more.

Bill Carracatsanoudis caught his first barra at 62 cm on a Chinese imitation Classic lure - no photo. He caught another 2 on a soft plastic once they went deep on a snag. The rest were on Headland Lures made by Cam Cupitt.

My first barra was on this little lure given to me by Richo. I'm hoping he can remind me who made it - Stephen repainted it.

We did quite a bit of exploring for future trips. Here is Hann River. Rodsdncods stayed here for a while many years ago so enjoy Mick.

Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 11:38pm
An other great report Martin. 
Great to see Verlons Lures in action. Sure he will be pleased
Knaek & Break 
        Per
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
bignanny View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CAM Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bignanny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 12:26am
Great report Martin. Thanks for sharing. Regards Chris 
All my braids gone!
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 6:11am
i'd like to be there a couple of weeks after a flood martin. there were some good fish caught when we were there.....mick
BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!!!
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 6:39am
some good fish there Martin you are a very good GuideThumbs Up
that's no how ye make porridge!
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 6:37pm
Planning a mid week solo session - but only if the days get warmer. Normally I don't like going alone in case something happens. I'm more scared of snake bites then anything else. Even though I'm heavy footed and the snakes get plenty of warning, death adders don't move but strike once you stand on them.
Martin-

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 7:01pm
Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday are so far looking good for the reef...... I'm hoping the weather holds.
Martin-

rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 5:36am
I will be heading out to the dam in a week or so martin, so a swap of reef fillets for cod or/and yella fillets sounds good ......mick
BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!!!
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by rodsncods rodsncods wrote:

I will be heading out to the dam in a week or so martin, so a swap of reef fillets for cod or/and yella fillets sounds good ......mick

Will have to see what happens Mick. Weather still looking good for Sat and Sunday with maybe Friday afternoon now.
Martin-

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 6:18am
Put the boat in the water yesterday 1.5 hours early. With the winds easing off as predicted, it was going to be a very busy boat ramp. Even at 4.30 am there was a line up. Once the boat was in, I started up the motor- no tell tail, water was not pumping through. I tried poking a piece of wire down the vent a few times starting it up each time but at the most a very slight dribble.            A call to Scotchndry to let him know that the reef trip was off. Ed and his wife thankfully ended up getting a spot on his brother in law ‘a boat.            With all of the boats being launched, it was over two hours waiting by then to get my boat out.             A meeting with Mike on the wharf and now , today, I am picking him and Miranda up to fish Lakefield. Hopefully the water has heated up from the hot day yesterday and the cool night last night wasn’t going to have a great effect on the water temperatures
Martin-

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 7:54pm
Well Mike pulled out of today's fishing at Lakefield but Miranda was still  keen. 

It took a while for the day - and the fishing, to heat up. I was using a Mark A Lure Creeky Bait and Miranda was using a Ray Murphy lure. I scored one tarpon and 6 minature barra. Miranda, on her second day fishing ever - a 28 cm barra and a 65 cm barra which she fought and landed before I could get to her. Miranda had a great day and is keen to go again. Mike had better start planning a trip there with her as I'll be heading south to Brisbane at the end of the week and she wants to go again - very keen.

Now some photos

Now just some of mine. This Mark A Lure has taken a beating

Martin-

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 12:52am
Always great to se female "fishermen" in action
Thanks fore sharing 
Knaek & Break in the future to Miranda Thumbs Up
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141516
  Share Topic