LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > What the blazes is this fishing Lure?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

14 unknowns

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bciya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 14 unknowns
    Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 2:30pm

Hi everyone,

I’ve got a few unknowns which I’m hoping to identify with your help.

In our lack of wisdom 20-30 years ago my father and I painted over some to varying degrees... so before trying to remove the outside layer of paint I’d thought I’d see what they are to determine if it was worth trying to remove the paint or not.

Thanks.

Lure 1:

Lure 2:

Lure 3:

Lure 4:

Lure 5:

Lure 6:

Lures 7 & 8:

Lures 9 & 10:

Lures 11 & 12:

Lure 13:

Lure 14:

Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 4:43pm
Steve, I'm afraid some people may start to cry when they see these!! :(
1- Barra King (nice paint job though)
2- Cormo (Nilsy copy no worries there.
3- Nautilus
4- Unknown
5- Unknown
6- Unknown
7&8- Not sure, may be O'Sullivan or Igor Zangrande
9&10- Look like Dempsters
11&12- Oh dear, pretty sure they were Mollers
13- May be O'Sullivan or Zangrande or Daniels
14- Rebel Racket Shad, all good there.

Fysshe
bciya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bciya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 7:39pm
Oh dear!  A lot of your thoughts make sense seeming as we were in Tully (Zangrande & Mollers... plus I already have some of those paint jobs in tact!)

1- Barra King (nice paint job though) - this one is original paint except for the white which should be easy to remove without damaging the rest

2- Cormo (Nilsy copy no worries there.) - cool

3- Nautilus - hoping this won't be too hard to clean up (the original paint is the blue and white)

4- Unknown - I'd really like to work out what this one is (and it should clean up relatively easily)

5- Unknown - same for this one, keen to know if anyone knows what this is (it's original paint except for the belly)

6- Unknown - this is is original and untouched but I have no idea what it is... the paint is a beautiful metallic blue)

7&8- Not sure, may be O'Sullivan or Igor Zangrande

9&10- Look like Dempsters - lure 9 should clean up easily (fingers crossed) cause the paint is thin... I can remember the paint job had similar colours/tones to lure 1 if I remember correctly

11&12- Oh dear, pretty sure they were Mollers

13- May be O'Sullivan or Zangrande or Daniels

14- Rebel Racket Shad, all good there.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for helping out.

Now, does anyone know what the others might be?  Or how to remove paint safely! Confused
bciya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bciya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 7:58pm
Lure 1: Henry Hall Barra King just cleaned up nicely!

horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 8:40pm
Very nice Barra King. Many people use eucalyptus oil to remove the added on paint, but be careful as it can also easily remove the original paint as well.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 3:06pm
Don't beat yourself up, fairly certain 11&12 aren't Mollers. Other than the BarraKing can't be of much help.
Seaweed.
"Always Merry and Bright"
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 3:26pm
Having a second look, 11 & 12 may not be Mollers but look like they're from that era and area! Same as a couple of others, may be O'Sullivan or Daniels.
Fysshe
bciya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bciya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 11:42pm
Thanks guys, are there any Zangrandes in that shape/profile? (Lure 11 & 12)

I’ll try to remove the outer layer of paint and then we might get a better sense of what they are.

What I do know is they’re worth the effort, my curiosity has peaked! (Even if I just try 1 of them)
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 7:35am
Igor did a few in that shape, check out his lures in the QLD section of luremakers.
Fysshe
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic