LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lure Market > LureLovers.com Cottage Industry Lure Market > Powell Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2013 Hunter Valley Caravan, Camping, 4WD & Fishing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2013 Hunter Valley Caravan, Camping, 4WD & Fishing
    Posted: 09 May 2013 at 9:24pm
It's that time of the year again!  The Hunter Valley Caravan, Camping, 4WD & Fishing Show is on, at Maitland Show Ground, from Friday May 24th to Sunday 26th.   Unfortunately, I have to work on the Friday, but my able bodied mates, Mo and Curly  (SNAFU & RAVA), will be doing their best to hold back the crowds on the Friday.  I'll be in on Saturday and Sunday, trying to get the accounts back into the black LOL.  The upside of missing Friday is .............. yep, I only have to put up with Thomo putting shit on me for 2 days, rather than 3 Big smile

I've been bustin' my butt for the past 3 months, trying to carve 100 lures. Hug Nearly got there!  Looks like I managed about 80 lures and 12 Lure Making Kits.  Might have to sort through my treasures to see what else I've got to make up the numbersBig smile.

Took some photos this afternoon but unfortunately, with fading light, the photos don't show up some of the colours - particularly the flouro orange and flouro pink.

Lures are:  Little Diggers,  Micro Diggers,  Macleay Minnows                         

Lures are: Moogerah Minnows,  Mack Attack and Trout

Guppy and 7cm Minnow Lure Making Kit lures.

Now, it's into the shed to hook and bag these little fellas.

Hope to see a few members at the Show.

Cheers

Travers
ringo View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 9:32pm
Beautiful lures.  You should have no trouble selling them.
manny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 9:59pm
Very nice Travers. I hope you sell plenty.Clap
Manny
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by manny manny wrote:

Very nice Travers. I hope you sell plenty.Clap

G'day Manny

Unfortunately, it's mainly tyre kickers, looking at campervans and caravans, that turn up to the 4WD Show Cry.  Not too many fishermen.

It's more of a 'long haul', social outing for me.  Sometimes I wonder if it's worth the few dollars collected.  Fingers crossed, this year will be fine, sunny weather with boat loads of fisherman walking through the gates Big smile.

I was just looking at the photos that I posted.  They're a bit out of proportion!  The tiny little Micro Diggers look bigger than the Little Diggers and the little  Trout lures look bigger than the Mack Attacks!  Maybe, I should take a photo with each lure in it, so that it shows their relative size.

Cheers

Travers
saito View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 10:25pm
I'll be heading up again to hang out wit you guys and purchasing a few lures off you guys.
Cheers

James

~Love my Bass fishing~
Poolie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poolie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 10:27pm

You won't need luck Powelly the 3 of you were selling a few that time I went up there, I will be up in Townsville so I can't make it this year mate which is a shame I need a new tent, love those little diggers they'll will sell like hotcakes! 

Small Scale Lure Creations; Lure making on hold ATM.
RAVA View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
AkLures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 10:43pm
WOW Travers they have come up a treat mate Clap Mick and I should be able to get rid of some of them for you like  for every lure you can get some free bananas to go with it WinkLOLLOLLOL
Fish hate me!!!

Cheers Gary
hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 10:49pm
WoW - look at them,,, yummy.
That's dedication Travers.
Pete
   'RAYNA' ---Free Range Lures
peterayn@yahoo.com.au
ropes.basstard View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 11:30pm
DOn't be too hasty about the tyre kickers bit, some of us handed over a bit of coin at last year's show. Sadly fellas I'm not going to be in the country for this year's show and after seeing these pictures I may regret it.
Hi I'm Ropes and I'm addicted to fishing lures.
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 11:36pm
Some very tempting lures there Travers...well done mate!
cheers steiny
River Rover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote River Rover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 11:17am
Seeing how Travers loves his bananas and I won't be there to cook this year have sent a couple of boxes of bananas in several types. No lures in Vietnam and very few fish left but they all have lots of bananas. Hmm lots of bananas no fish?
David
SNAFU View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
RIPP-N LURES

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNAFU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 11:46am
Originally posted by Powelly Powelly wrote:

It's that time of the year again!  The Hunter Valley Caravan, Camping, 4WD & Fishing Show is on, at Maitland Show Ground, from Friday May 24th to Sunday 26th.   Unfortunately, I have to work on the Friday, but my able bodied mates, Mo and Curly  (SNAFU & RAVA), will be doing their best to hold back the crowds on the Friday.

Hope to see a few members at the Show.

Cheers

Travers

MO N CURLY ay LOLLOL Looks like the 3rd Stooge LARRY (aka Travers) will be attending on Sat & Sun trying to play catch up Wink....Thanks to Travers for asking  me to take some lures of mine over to the show to put up for sale Cool..Here's a pic.....Mick!!!
saito View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 12:26pm
WOW your lures look awesome Mick!!!!
Cheers

James

~Love my Bass fishing~
RAVA View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
AkLures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 1:21pm
Looking good there Mick ClapClapClapClapClap
Fish hate me!!!

Cheers Gary
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 2:24pm
MICK YOUR GOING OFF LIKE A FROG IN A SOCK WITH YOUR LURES!!!!!! GOOD STUFF MATE.
YOURS ARE VERY NICE TOO TRAVERS.
Ill be in bali, so unfortunately cant make the show as planned.
Best of luck guys....
Jas
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 6:28pm
My original photos made the little lures look big compared to the larger lures.  For size comparison:

Cheers

Travers
justlooking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justlooking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2013 at 6:09pm
I'm so excited, I'm in Maitland already !!!!
Where are those lures !!!
Go early - Stay late.
hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2013 at 7:12pm
Nothing wrong with those Mick, very sweet little lures.
Thanks for posting.
Pete
   'RAYNA' ---Free Range Lures
peterayn@yahoo.com.au
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2013 at 7:35pm
FREE beer& steaks again this year powelly  last years was unreal great showClapClapClapClapLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLBig smileBig smileBig smileregards bob
Lefty View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lefty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2013 at 8:07pm
Whoaaa did someone say beer steak and lures lol...
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2013 at 8:40pm
TRAVERS& the boys put on a hell of night tooWinkWinkWinkBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapregards bob
andrewparr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewparr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 1:59am
Sorry fellas I don't think I can make it this year as I am working this weekend and running a bit low on $ haha.
They should advertise it better, I picked up a bit of gear last year but like you said there weren't many fisherfolk there...
Nice looking lures Travers and Mick, good luck to yous!
A rod in one hand, a beer in the other. In an imperfect world, there are still perfect moments.
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 9:06am
FLACKO what time ya"s taping the KEG BROClapClapClapClapClapWinkWinkWinkLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLBig smileBig smileBig smileregards bob
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 9:21am
Originally posted by bassnbob bassnbob wrote:

FREE beer& steaks again this year powelly  last years was unreal great showClapClapClapClapLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLBig smileBig smileBig smileregards bob

Sorry Bob, but our Head Chef has left the team, this year.  Apparently, Dave is in China learning to cook authentic Chinese cuisine Big smile.

This year, we're chewing on Muesli Bars and hoping to find a runner to buy us a bucket of hot chips! Confused

It's raining like buggery, here. Had an inch of rain overnight with more to come.

Weekend might be OK

Travers

bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 10:57am
SHOULD clear for sat powelly you"ll be right mate  everyone i know is  talking about it  will be agreat show might buy a new swag myselfBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileWinkWinkBig smileBig smileBig smileregards bob
saito View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 10:58am
Originally posted by Powelly Powelly wrote:

This year, we're chewing on Muesli Bars and hoping to find a runner to buy us a bucket of hot chips! Confused
Don't forget the pork rolls Wink I'm bringing up.
Hopefully the bread stays crisp/crunchy by the time i get up there.
Cheers

James

~Love my Bass fishing~

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote River Rover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 11:34am
Thinking about you guys whilst eating 7 course lunches and dinners will be able to knock up a few Vietnamese treasures and authentic Chinese. Next year.wore the Powell Lures shirt to top of Great Wall yesterday, took a few orders as well
David
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by River Rover River Rover wrote:

Thinking about you guys whilst eating 7 course lunches and dinners will be able to knock up a few Vietnamese treasures and authentic Chinese. Next year.wore the Powell Lures shirt to top of Great Wall yesterday, took a few orders as well

Dave, when you return, should we call you Fatso?   Flacco and Fatso has a nice ring to it LOL.  Gary wants you to learn how to cook Deep Fried Tarantula with hot chilli dipping sauce.  Saito is pretty keen to try some, too.  For me, Black Bean Cat sounds pretty goodConfused.

Well, it's on for young and old tomorrow.  Gary and I hooked up a couple of POWELL LURES signs on the shanty, this afternoon, only to find the show staff pumping the surface water off the area. Could be a wet day for the boys tomorrow.

Gary and Mick are looking after the stand tomorrow, while I'm at work.  Gary and I will be 'manning' the stand on Saturday and Sunday.

Hope to see a few familiar faces in the crowd.

Travers
RAVA View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
AkLures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 10:43pm
Yep I will be there with bells on Smile and James I am very fond of chilli pork rolls Big smile should be fun as usual LOL
Fish hate me!!!

Cheers Gary
Davent View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 11:42pm
Top'lures guys, would be nice to see em, maybe next yeàr.
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2013 at 9:22am
Latest report ,early Friday morning, setting up site, 4 inches of rain on ground and gumboots being worn from your Northern reporter.

The water seems to be slow to drain away.
No doubt the Port will appear earlier than expected.

regards John
munro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote munro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2013 at 9:27am
Thanks john
I live at toukley is it worth the drive up there today as im working the wend.

Munro
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2013 at 10:29am
Hi Munro. Spoke to Gary earlier this morning.

regards John

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote River Rover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2013 at 11:33am
Boys the delicious recipes are all under control and Travers have got the cat and dog recipes as well as turtle they bring big yuan here so a trip to Glenbawn on cards. No tarantula recipes but the chilli locusts with beer a crunchy winner. Hope the weather is good or the pump working
River Rover
David
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2013 at 11:47am
I think the PUMP has run out of fuelLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic