Forum Home Forum Home > The Lure Market > Charitable Auctions/Sales
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2015 LURE EXPO RAFFLE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2015 LURE EXPO RAFFLE
    Posted: 13 May 2015 at 1:55pm
Hi all,
As you all know the 2015 Australian lure expo is being held in Ipswich Qld on the 18/19th of july.
The past few years the site have run a raffle with lures made and donated by makers from this site, which has been drawn at the expo,
the funds raised have gone back to this site to help with costs etc.
Ive contacted Tony and he has given permission for me to advertise a raffle for the upcoming expo event where funds raised from this raffle will be donated back to Fitzy to help keep the expo afloat....thanks Tony!
Another fundraiser for this site will be organised later in year.

The past couple of years the expo has been successful in terms of attendance and general interest, but in reality there has been a reasonable shortfall to cover ALL costs involved, and this has been left to one person to pay from his own pocket....to cover final costs.

The Idea of this raffle is to raise funds and put back into the expo to
help towards this years costs...if the event is a success and makes a profit, then the funds from the raffle can then be put into the 2016 expo to improve it where needed.

Lets face it...whether your a Luremaker or a Collector or just generally like lures and all to do with fishing...the EXPO benefits all in someway, and Id just like to see us all chip in to help keep this event going and give it a chance to expand in time.

ID like to think that there are enough generous members on here...both MAKERS AND COLLECTORS that can donate something they make or collect to make this a worthwhile raffle?

The plan is to display the raffle prizes at a stall at the expo, sell tickets to everyone, incl the public at the event.. and draw the prize on the last day, to maximise the number of tickets sold.

RAFFLE 1...new Aussie lures.
will consist of lures made and DONATED by members or new unused Aussie lures in packets DONATED by non luremakers...No color theme...keep it simple...if you can make or have a lure you can donate to help fill the raffle display it will be appreciated.....you don't have to be the best luremaker out there to donate....if you cant make one buy one to donate to help out :)

RAFFLE 2....Collectable Lures.
Will consist of LURES DONATED by collectors/Makers.....lures need not be brand new condition (but can be)....basically lures that could start someone off with a collection....this could be a lure/lures you have doubles of, older ones that are marked etc etc, it may be a newer lure that you think is collectable....obviously the more interest it generates the more funds can be raised...but a decent group of mixed lures old and new will interest many people im sure.

Please mention by posting on here if you are willing to donate or "PM" me (im fine with that :)
you can post your lure/lures donation to me, or if attending expo they can be given to us for display on the day (just let me know if your planning to do this prior to event)....obviously the lures would be needed for display from day 1 so if not attending till late it would be best to post item in advance so display can be completed on early on day 1.
I will give my postal details to those kind enough to donate when needed.
As lures arrive, I will update pics etc leading up to the expo, so that members who may like to DONATE by purchasing tickets but cant attend Expo can see the two separate prizes.
Anyone attending expo, please WAIT to buy tickets there...I will be selling tickets all weekend at the venue....and if you don't find me.. I "WILL" find you :)
Thanks in advance, Im sure BOTH these raffles will create a lot of interest, and certainly help the EXPO move forward for the benefit of all regardless of your involvement.
Ticket prices are yet to be discussed, once we see a few pledges come forward, and get an idea of how large the prizes will be I will post up ticket prices....they wont be any more than previous years.
Please consider making this raffle a success, its for a good event that im sure no one would like to see fold.
Jas
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 2:17pm

Id like to kick it off and donate these 3 lures to Raffle NO 1.
1x NUDE camphor laurel
1x MOBY
1x HERRING

Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 2:47pm
Nicho - let me know how I can get my name on some tickets if I'm not going to be there.
(If the unthinkable happens - I will cover shipping it down to me haha)
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 2:54pm
Ducks I will let people know how to get tickets once we get a few involved to add to the raffle..so keep an eye on this post..anyone that buys tickets but cant attend... I will happily pack and post lures to the winner.
thanks for your interest mate...appreciated

steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 7:07pm
Nicho, I would be happy to support this cause. I could donate a couple of DJR lures if you are interested.
cheers steiny
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 7:08pm
I can find a lure or 2 for the first raffle and maybe  something for the second.Thumbs Up

Just a thought, depending on how the expo is set up, Fitzy may not be legally allowed to make a profit or carry over funds for the next expo. This being the case, then if there are any left over funds, then it could either go to Tony for the site - or held to help cover next years expo.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 7:13pm
Thanks heaps steiny...YOUR LURES WILL BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!
if you post the lures to me I will add pics of them and others as they arrive to get this thing rolling cheers mate your a champion.
Jas

Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 7:20pm
thanks martin.....yes as mentioned in the description...any money raised will go to making sure any costs this year are covered...if covered....it can be used to promote next year...as for funds back to tony, we/I are as mentioned planning things for a bit later in year to help for the site fundraising..
To date no one this year had organised a raffle, and time is running out..i contacted asking his thoughts before doing this...he agreed.
My intentions are not to take anything from this site, but to show how much this site appreciates the event in a small way.
Im doing this to help out someone that does months of hardwork behind the scenes just to make it happen...end of the day if he breaks even and we can help him do that and take his wife out for dinner to make up for lost time organising the event id be happy :)
Im not contributing this year by paying for a stall, so I just wanted to help put something back into the event since I will be there anyway.
PS your names down for an hrs walking around selling tickets!

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 8:02pm
HA HA, you sound like my bosses - "I need a volunteer- MARTIN COME HERE"LOL.

Not a worry bloke, I can do thatThumbs Up
Martin-

Billy A View Drop Down

B.R.A Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billy A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 8:26pm
I love the site and the Expo, how would you like the lures for donation to be dilivered. Are you wanting them to be posted to your address before the Expo or delivered the morning of the Expo.
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 8:51pm
Hi BillyA,
very much appreciated....if lures could be posted it would be easier as it would be good to have them displayed all together before and ready for doors to open early saturday morning, also I can then add group photos on here as lures arrive, to create interest for those that cant attend expo to be able see the lures.
if you want my address just send a pm and I will reply to you.
thankyou
Jas

bullrout22 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullrout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 10:50pm
Nicko

I might be able to find a couple of my rough lures to add to the raffle mate

Dave Lake Macquarie N.S.W

SNAFU View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
RIPP-N LURES

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNAFU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 3:04am
Should have a couple here Nicho....Thumbs Up..And well done on organising it mate Clap

Mick!!!
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 8:41am
Thanks guys and thanks to those that have pledged donations via PMs...
Cheers appreçiated...will post pics as lures arrive.

Those planning on donating on the day at expo please let me know so I can update on here if you could post a pic on here of your pledged donation so those buying tickets can see....if you prefer to be anonymous send a pic for me to upload....thanks

matt fraser View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Barambah Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt fraser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 9:55am
Good on you Nicho for taking up the job, and making this happen! I will put together something for each raffle, but probably won't be able to deliver until closer to the show.

Cheers,
Matt
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 12:03pm
That's great matt thanks very much.

Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 12:59pm
Nicho, I'm coming down and will be there Fri. afternoon, happy to help set-up at the venue if needed and can give you a couple to raffle then.
I've already set aside two for TonyM, as LL site admin.donation auction at a later date. Will give you one of my Seaweed Lures and a Westy Moller Tiwi Tiger as raffle lures on the Fri arvo.
Regards, Tony (Seaweed).
"Always Merry and Bright"
Lure-Nut View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Tonk Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lure-Nut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 3:05pm
Great idea - would be a pleasure to send a couple of Tonks up for the raffle Thumbs Up

Cheers

Rob
Tonk Lures
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 3:09pm
hi capt.seaweed
thanks mate that sounds great...
I might hand you an apron and some tickets at the expo to sell for an hr on one of the days...thanks again.
Jas

Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 3:11pm
Rob thanks mate would love to have a couple of tonks to go in the raffle.
this is looking good already...thanks guys for getting the ball rolling...awesome.

Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 6:15pm
I reckon I can find a few lying around for each category, I'll bundle something up on the weekend Jase
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 6:33pm
Good onya darby...thanks mate

puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2015 at 12:23am
i'll send you up a couple of special lures with bites Jas,this is a very worthy cause indeed well done mate
that's no how ye make porridge!
RAVA View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
AkLures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2015 at 8:28am
I recon I could send some up too you Jas

Cheers Flacco
Fish hate me!!!

Cheers Gary
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2015 at 10:33am
For all you poor cold Southerner's who'd like to swim an original, but to scared to risk it, how's this for a Raffle prize LOL. A Seaweed Dart.
"Always Merry and Bright"
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2015 at 12:41pm
Thanks chris and gary, your offers are accepted..pm has been sent with postal details etc...cheers.

Nice work seaweed, hes a nice edition to the raffle..thankyou
you make nice lures but suk at taking photos

steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2015 at 12:42pm
That is a pretty good copy Tony...well done!
cheers steiny
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2015 at 4:38pm
First few donations have arrived!!...thanks martin.

A few Barra lures towards the FISHING RAFFLE.
And 2 nice condition medium size rubber flopys towards COLLECTOR RAFFLE

will upload pics of lures as they arrive then do group shots closer to the expo date

Thanks again to those contributing....

Jimbo42 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Jungle Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2015 at 5:53pm
Put me down for something lures or whatever, See me on the day

cheers
Jimbo
There are no problems,only solutions
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jungle-Lures
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2015 at 12:28pm
Hi jimbo...thanks mate, will write your name on the list and see you early sat morning at expo.
could you please upload a pic on here of the lure you will donate, so potential ticket buyers get to see please.
thankyou
Jas

GBG View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2015 at 8:33am
Haven't been on here for a long time Nicho, good effort on your part.
Been making lures and happy to send a few up to you so let me know your address please.
Gordon
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2015 at 9:39am
Thanks gordon
Thanks for putting your hand up to help out mate.
Appreciated.
Pm sent

Blinky View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Blinky's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2015 at 10:19am
Hi Nicho,
Put me down for a few "Baitfish", you prefer painted up or nude?
Shoot me the postal details.
Blinky.

Blinky's Lures.
The lures that catch fish, not fishermen.........
Facebook
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2015 at 11:46am
And thanks to you also blinky!
I will leave color up to you mate..surprise us!

I will post pics as lures arrive for all to see.
thanks again to those contributing...its looking like it will be a decent raffle prize for some lucky winner.

A couple of steinys "DJR" slim reaper lures from NTHqld arrived today.
thanks mate they look great.

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2015 at 5:05pm
You are a man of strong will there Nicho, fancy having all of those great lures in your hands and then have them leave againWink
Martin-

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic