Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > Powell Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2017 Kad Sets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2017 Kad Sets
    Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 9:13am
I thought that I would be well on the way to finishing this year's Kad Sets by now. Fortunately, I'm making progress, but there's still a lot of work before they are finished.

All 20 Sets are now carved and sanded.

It's now time to think about colours.  This year, you will be restricted to simple, traditional patterns.  No 'cow patterns' or crazy lace patterns.  I'm heading to California and Canada, soon, for 6 weeks, so I'm struggling for time. (I'm also working on carving lures for friends in California and for the Expo).  The 'cow pattern' is just too time consuming and the lace patterns sometimes end with a repaint.

Anyone wanting a nude Set will have to let me know soon - well before I glue in the bibs (which will be soon).

There are quite a few people on the 'waiting list' for the Kad Sets, so if you change your mind and decide that you don't want a set this year, let me know early on, please.

Beer

Travers
matt fraser View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Barambah Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt fraser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 9:17am
Set 11 in Purple with black back and stripes please Travers. Red chin and tail with Yellow eyes (as per standard). 
Thanks, 
Matt
ropes.basstard View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 10:07am
Hi Travers was wondering about these. Can i also have a purple set. Cheers Ropes
Hi I'm Ropes and I'm addicted to fishing lures.
lkhandyman View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lkhandyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 10:10am
Hi Travers,

Am I still on the waiting list? Luke Pearce.
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 11:36am
Originally posted by lkhandyman lkhandyman wrote:

Hi Travers,

Am I still on the waiting list? Luke Pearce.

You're on the waiting list, Luke, but there's a few in front of you. 

Beer

Travers
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 8:32am
This is the part of lure making that I struggle to find any joy in!  Bibs 

It takes forever to scribe them and drill, just to get to this stage.  Then there's 60 bibs to cut and file.

Now is the time that I need to know if anyone wants their Kads done as nudes. The bib for nude lures has to be perfect, without any blemishes. I also choose blanks with interesting grain, for the nudes.

Beer

Travers
Nativeman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nativeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 7:27pm
Am I on the list??? Can't remember ...
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 9:59am
Originally posted by Nativeman Nativeman wrote:

Maybe! Ermm  If you can't remember, then maybe not.

If you don't want to be on the list, that's OK because there are plenty that would love Set #17 Big smile

Time to pick a colour, Sel.

Cheers 

Travers
Nativeman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nativeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 11:07am
Originally posted by Powelly Powelly wrote:

Originally posted by Nativeman Nativeman wrote:

Maybe! Ermm  If you can't remember, then maybe not.

If you don't want to be on the list, that's OK because there are plenty that would love Set #17 Big smile

Time to pick a colour, Sel.

Cheers 

Travers

Travers 

I have a candy red with black back and stripes, red bib and  red silver eyes in a large scorp..  Can I have  this colour scheme please... number no preference

Thanks 
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 3:25pm
At last, the most painful part is done!

Still have to make all of the twisted wire eyelets and glue, but the major mental hurdle is over.

Beer

Travers
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 7:40pm
Looking good!
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 8:49am
Progress report -  Kads are fitted with wires and bibs and are ready for gluing.

Beer

Travers
jebe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jebe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 2:30pm
Going strong Travers 
They are looking the goods, can't wait to see the paint fly.
Cheers 
Justin
rally44 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Lee's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rally44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 2:37pm
Justin Very  apt expression "Paint Fly" I just dropped a bottle full of Fluro Pink all over my lower half!!! Cheers Richard.
Dads in the shed making saw-dust again.
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 6:00pm
Progress on the Kad Sets has come to a crashing halt  Both parents had a fall last weekend and ended up in Bega Hospital. The old man, who is 90 yo, fell on his face on the slate floor.  The next morning, mum had a bad fall on the kitchen floor. They should be out of hospital tomorrow (hopefully), so we're heading south on the 900 km drive to assess the damage.

The Kads are all glued and sanded, ready for undercoating, so will have to resume when we get back from Pambula.

Everyone has been understanding in the past, so I'm not stressing too much about getting them finished before we head to California & Canada in April.

Beer

Travers
Chep Buxley View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chep Buxley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 6:04pm
Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your parents Travers
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 6:14pm
Thats no good mate hope all goes smoothly...just make it easier on yourself and tell all that lures wont be done till after april...lifes to short..sort stuff out lures can wait.
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
Baroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 5:53am
Look after you Mum and Dad,Travers.
Cancel California & Canada in April and GET THOSE BLOODY LURES DONE !!!!
Regards,

Marc - STDZ Lures - Catch fish,fish a STDZ instead.
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 5:20am
We've had to spend a bit more time at Pambula, looking after the oldies. Another trip south, next week, then off to California/Canada.  Will have to return to Pambula after the trip, so I reckon that it will be about July, when the Kads are done.

Won't be at the Expo this year.

Cheers

Travers
Lazyfisho View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyfisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 8:05pm
Sorry to here about your family.
No idea how many are sold or in front, however would love to buy 2 and happy to paint myself if this is an option.
Kind regards
Richard
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by Lazyfisho Lazyfisho wrote:

Sorry to here about your family.
No idea how many are sold or in front, however would love to buy 2 and happy to paint myself if this is an option.
Kind regards
Richard

Hi Richard

I only make 20 'signed' Kaditcha Sets each year and they are all taken.  I have made some Kads for the Expo, to be sold in "Cod Packs", which I will put on LureLovers when they are finished, because I won't be at this year's Expo.  It will be months before they are finished - after I return from California and paint the Kad Sets.

Cheers

Travers
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 1:14pm
Just a progress report on this year's Kad Sets.  We're back from California/Canada/Alaska and I've undercoated all of the Kads. Big smile

Things aren't the best with my parents, so we're heading back to Pambula to  see them and sort a few things out.  When we're back in Port Macquarie, I'll get the Kads painted.

You'll notice, in the photo, there's a 4", 5" & 6" Kad.  There was a full set of Kads ordered but the person had to pull out of the order (which was good news for one person on the 'waiting list'), so if anyone is keen on a full set (from Mini Kad to 6" Kad) let me know. The cost of a full set is $535.

Cheers

Travers
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 1:32pm
Travers I'm up for it if it hasn't gone already
Mjok361971 View Drop Down
Beginner Member
Beginner Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mjok361971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 4:20pm
I down for a set if they jave pulled out.
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by Mjok361971 Mjok361971 wrote:

I down for a set if they jave pulled out.

I can add your name to the 'waiting list', but there are a few in front of you.  It's nearly impossible to get onto the list of 20 Kad sets, which is why I'm OK for people to order full Kad Sets (Mini Kad to 6" Kad). You can order Mini Kads, 4" Kads, 5" Kads and 5"+6" Kads anytime.

Beer

Travers

Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by ropes.basstard ropes.basstard wrote:

Travers I'm up for it if it hasn't gone already

Done.  Full Set now taken
Mjok361971 View Drop Down
Beginner Member
Beginner Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mjok361971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 11:40am
Hi if you can put my name down please, I may get lucky one year. If you want to send me a price for one of each of your kads sets that's available that would be good. My email is mjok1@hotmail.com. Thank you.
Cheers Mick.
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 9:28pm
We have had a week of sensational weather, so all the Kad Sets are now painted.  Half the Sets are finished. Still have 10 Sets to put the final clear coats over the 'signing'.   I'll start letting people know when their Sets are finished and ready to post.

Beer

Travers
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 1:30pm
Nearly finished the 2017 Kads! Need to solder the tow wires, hook up and bag up these Kads and get them to their new homes.

Beer

Travers
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 2:42pm
Finally, the 2017 Kaditcha Sets are finished. Most have gone to their new homes, but still waiting for payment on some sets.

One full set, this year.

Beer

Travers
whipit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whipit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 5:36pm
Beautiful work as always Travers...that violet purple with the yellow/gold stripes is especially nice. Will be many happy new owners.

Cheers Brad
whipit
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 6:22pm
Set 7, candy apple red - awesomeClap
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
codyak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote codyak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 8:48pm
Great looking sets.
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 8:49pm
Lucky 13 :)
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
bkool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 9:05am
Set 19 looks like the go.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic