LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > What the blazes is this fishing Lure?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

3 new lures in wood

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3 new lures in wood
    Posted: 24 Jan 2010 at 5:48pm

Got these the other day.Two different makers.The bottom 2 have initials of HN or could be NH depending which way you hold the lure.They are well made and look like Cod Lures.
The top red and white lure is made well also and has a bit of size and weight to it.It has what appears to be a steel bib painted over.Hope someone can help.

The Journey is the Reward

bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2010 at 9:11pm
VERY  nice ageing on them timbers barry very very nice indeed.......ClapClapApproveApprove
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2010 at 10:11pm
Barry, They all look like copies mate, nicely done all the same.
The quantas looks scorpion like, the pinky red one looks like a Boomerang and the scale pattern one looks rmg Tor Toof/Big one like..IMO

Darb
CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2010 at 11:14pm
Thanks fellas It would be nice to come up with a name to suit the initials.Oh well 3 more to hang on to the door to my fishing room.

LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 7:39am
Right hand 2 still not identiied.

handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 6:47pm
I an I D these two as Noel Hicks lures N H joined together. I spoke to Noel today.
OCD View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
OCD Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OCD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 7:18pm
Barry, the scorpion lure is one by Keith Boys, check for a small dot under the hooks or the twist tie. Definitely a Boysey paint job, might be a repaint if he didn't mark it with his "dot".
Cheers,

Gavin
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 7:22pm
Thankyou Deb and Gavin.
Great help by longtime members

horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 8:58am
Originally posted by handbrake handbrake wrote:

I an I D these two as Noel Hicks lures N H joined together. I spoke to Noel today.
        Cheers for that Debbie. I had asked about my NH signed Lure before believing that it was a Noel Hicks lure. Great to get confirmation.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 9:51am
Well done all, even after 10yrs., three less 'unknowns' Cranky.
"Always Merry and Bright"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic