LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > Lure Collecting > What's your flavour?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

4" Tiger Barra Lure Collection

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Krisco82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krisco82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 4:28pm
Real nice matt
madoldeel View Drop Down
Ex Member.
Ex Member.
fake profile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madoldeel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 4:57pm
awesome display....Clap
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 5:25pm
Excellent Matt.

2 questions.

1) What makes something a '4" Tiger'. Is it open acknowledgement from makers that they 'were inspired' or just something that looks it to your eye?

2) Has anyone indicated they are unhappy with their position on the board?
matt fraser View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Barambah Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt fraser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 6:11pm
Hi Ducks, 

They are all roughly 4" long, and have a high side profile, thin top profile. Unlike a minnow shape or cod lure shape. They also have a shallow bib. 

There are a few ring-ins there. Like the Cut throat, and knolls, which are a bit different. Some are also a bit shorter or longer than the 4 - 4.5 Inch that is the NQ standard. But they are the closest I have found from the makers so far.  I still looking to find the perfect lures to fit the collection. 

Note - there are lots of makers that never made a 4" tiger shape lure, so are not in the collection, makers like Tinaroo, lucinda, come to mind quickly, but there are lots more.

A work in progress, like all collections. 

As for position on the board, yeah I hope I haven't upset anyone there. Roughly the first three full rows are who I consider to be the production makers of the era. After that it is all over the place. 

Cheers, 

Matt

Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 6:34pm
Cheers. Good explanation.
Hope I didn't give anyone ideas about getting uppity
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 3:09pm
Well done Matt, it's really come along since the 2015 Expo. I'll have a look to see if I can help upgrade any to the Tiger yellow/black theme. I think I have a Zangrande that fits the bill, also I have many unknowns as you do.
Don't know if Jeff Reid made a timber Tiger style, but good luck in your search.
Regards, Tony.
"Always Merry and Bright"
matt fraser View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Barambah Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt fraser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 9:50am
Thanks Tony, 

I haven't been chasing them too hard lately, a bit busy making Barambah Lures. 

I am pretty right for the Zandgrande thanks. I would love to swap out my Barra Kings though, both Hall and Dau if you ever come across doubles in the shallow 4" in yellow black.

I am pretty sure Reidy made a tiger, I have seen a couple on the forum, but rarer than rocking horse sh*t. 

Cheers, 

Matt
Lyonel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyonel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 2:13pm
Fantastic Collection. Matt the lees is it a later version? I have this one that has a different colour eye from the early to mid 90's.
rally44 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Lee's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rally44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 3:26pm
Lyonel, The "Barra Trap" I supplied to Matt is a earlier one to yours, Note the White Eyes. Cheers Richard.
Dads in the shed making saw-dust again.
Lyonel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyonel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 4:28pm
Thanks Richard, when did the white eyes finish was it around 89-90 ?
That older lures colour looks awesome.
rally44 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Lee's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rally44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 6:02pm
Yes Lyonel, all these dates are approximate, no real one week white eyes next week yellow!! Cheers Richard
Dads in the shed making saw-dust again.
MadDogLures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 6:28pm
Great collection Matt Clap love the Lee'sThumbs Up

Cheers,
Dave
Life is fishing!
Johno100 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johno100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2017 at 5:48am
Fantastic collection Matt and wonderful insight into part of northern oz lure making history. Would love a quality photo I could blow up and print to read and display. Just a thought.
Cheers

Addicted to lures ................and fishing of course !!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic