Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > ACT Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

8cm with Treeless Hook

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 9:20am
Thanks all, "the proof is still in the pudding" though, we will see what happens in the next few days with Mr Trout .
Dave- thanks for the suggestion-- I usually use a loop knot or snap, the problem before (I think) was the hook could not come out far enough to be in line with the 'tow eye' on the lure--On the previous version the hook could not come far enough up out of the lure.
With these type of hooks (Kahle) the 'tow eye','hook eye' and 'hook point' all need to line up so the hook will penetrate--

Like this:

Pete
   'RAYNA' ---Free Range Lures
peterayn@yahoo.com.au
jebe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jebe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2014 at 11:19am
Love your work Pete
How did you find the hook up rate?
Must say I find your lures incredibly eye catching, I'm inspired.
Cheers
Justin
Bigriver View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Kneller Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2014 at 2:40pm
Yeah very nice and very innovative Thumbs Up A good hook up rate thing will involve a bit of lateral thinking on the anglers side, I guess in someways it is like trying to fish a dry fly on a tight line? Somehow you will need to introduce a bit of slack line on the strike, going back to a stretchy mono should help? Nice work Pete and some truly life like finishes, Cheers Paul.
hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2014 at 2:50pm
Thanks Justin- sorry, forgot all about that trip, three days and nothing like a hook up, on anything they were all up the river SPAWNING---There were about 15 of us up there and only 2 fish caught, and they were caught on fly in the river.
I spent a lot of time dragging them through the trees and the 'snagless' bit worked well, even if the bodies snagged up it was just a case of slacking the line off and it would float out
Just about had enough of Eucumbene, no Rainbows for a couple of years and no water in the dam.
Next trip will be Jindabyne I think.
Pete
peterayn@yahoo.com.au
Lofty View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Esoteric Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lofty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2014 at 6:44pm
I thought the trout would drag themselves over a barbed wire fence to get to those lures
Esoteric lures "For The Select Few"
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2014 at 9:20pm
Stunning pete...missed this post.....love your out of the norm thinking...top stuff.
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
matt fraser View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Barambah Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt fraser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 4:59pm
Superb work! Very impressive looking lures.

Well done,

Matt
hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 6:04pm
A couple on new ones- pretty rough these but they're only protos, red / brown over silver leaf, hook reversed and different hook keeper and 'deep diving bib'--- on we go !!!
Hope this photo is not too big, lost my P.C so don't have the use of my 'photo editor'
Pete

peterayn@yahoo.com.au
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 6:12pm
stunneres pete awesome patern &scheme very cool mateClapClapClapClapTongueTongueTongueregards bob
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 6:26pm
Love these paint jobs Pete...well done mate!

Have you tried them yet?
cheers steiny
Lofty View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Esoteric Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lofty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 6:27pm
WOW
Esoteric lures "For The Select Few"
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 6:28pm
mmm...not bad old boy!
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
fluffnstuff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fluffnstuff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 6:57pm
Im lost for words Pete....
Olive ,platinum and black combo could be a winner on the West Coast after Homebake mate, not that this one is out of the game...

Cheers 
Scott
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 7:58pm
Geez Pete they look just incredible.

How have you found the hookup rate with this system?

Cheers,

Danny.
JOKER View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Shane Love Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOKER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 9:27pm
I just simply like you're style. ....your finish. ....your planing. ...just keep pointing in the direction your going with Pete cause she looks like happy days creating your lures mate.....cheers Shane. ....
Whatever
whipit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whipit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 11:49pm
A couple of new ones pretty rough??? They are beautiful lures...
whipit
Strangalures View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangalures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2015 at 12:05am
very nice Pete.
Fish Choking Lures :)
hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2015 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by Raffey Raffey wrote:

Geez Pete they look just incredible.

How have you found the hookup rate with this system?

Cheers,

Danny.

As always thanks everyone--- the picture doesn't see what the eye sees here, there is a lot more silver and my 'leafing' technique leaves a lot to be desired, but like feathers, paint and everything else it's just another learning curve.
DANNY--haven't fished this version yet, I have made 3 and one (green yellow and shallow diving) is with a 'test pilot' in Qld and have heard nothing yet. Had problems tuning these with the deep bib, heaps of action but a bit unstable, and even more so when I painted and finished them---- it's all too hard in a bathtub, I may have to add some more weight to any future deep versions.
The older versions were getting hits but as explained previously they were throwing the hook-- soooo everything has been reversed and a new release mechanism installed. As Paul (Bigriver) said in a previous post, mono may be the answer, I'm also thinking a longer / whippier rod may help as I have used this ploy with some success on trout before, only problem with this is it's twice as hard to land a fish into a boat with an 8' rod .
I won't get to try this version out until after I get back from Qld (Expo).
Thanks again .
Pete
peterayn@yahoo.com.au
Mcleod View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Macquarie Customs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mcleod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2015 at 4:39pm
Ahh Pete, never get tired of seeing your creations. Just love it. Well done.

Angus
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2015 at 7:45pm
You have the passion to keep trying until you get what you are after - well done thus far as this is very innovativeClap
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic