Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > SA Lures > Bill Jackson
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A coupla new Ones

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Bill Jackson Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bilge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A coupla new Ones
    Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 4:52pm
A few new lures some not quite and I apologise for the photos having trouble with reflections.

Variations on a theme?

The older I get the more I learn.
mark2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 5:00pm
Hi bilge, wow nice lures, the sardine shape looks great.and some more tuna steaks coming up.

Mark.
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 7:11pm
you make a very fine range of lures Mr Jackson and i'd add a few spanish mackerel to Marks TunaThumbs Up
goldtrev68 View Drop Down
Ex Member.
Ex Member.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldtrev68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 7:38pm
Mate you do make a mean looking lure,,top photo,,bottom ywo would claim many a fish here,,,Gary CFSA
Red Hunter View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Red Hunter Fishing Rods

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2013 at 7:01am
Well Bill , they all look great mate , and the finish is awesome . ClapClapClap
Darkside Slayer and Zombie hunter.
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2013 at 3:49pm
These lures would take most of the predatory saltwater species around Australia and many fresh water species as well. Great work there Bilge.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
froggy06 View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote froggy06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2013 at 3:56pm
Bloody nice looking lures , great job  Thumbs Up can we purchase any ????????
SNAFU View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
RIPP-N LURES

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNAFU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 4:51am
Very nice indeed Bill...Thumbs Up

Mick!!!
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 6:09am
Love the fuslier patterns...great work Bill!
cheers steiny
Strangalures View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangalures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 7:09am
Very nice paint shapes and finish Bill Thumbs Up can I ask what you use as a finish bill ? It's one of the best of seen. 

Thanks Rick 
bilge View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Bill Jackson Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bilge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 7:45am
Rick all except for the big lure are dipped in thinned acrylic clear. usually 3 coats with a light rub with fine steel wool in between. I wait in between coats and don't clear over recent colors. The solvent will cause color to run if the color is is not cured enough. I don't have a rotisserie so all of the lures are hung from the bib if the clear is not thinned it can cause runs. the big lures are sprayed with acrylic clear from a pressure pack, again a few coats allowed to cure and rubbed with fine steel wool in between.
Davent View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 8:37am
Really nice Bill, love bottom left, first pic. Lovley lures mate.
Bill, what dates will you be up here again?
barneyminno View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Deep River Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barneyminno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 8:41am
Beautiful lures Bill Smile

Barney.
mdlures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
MD Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdlures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 10:18am
beautiful classic lures Bill Thumbs Up

cheers
Mark
MDlures
traditional hand carved fishing lures
bilge View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Bill Jackson Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bilge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 6:35pm
Dave & Seaweed arrive in Darwin on the 26th March 1115 am ship out 0430am next morning. will have to try and catch up
 Billj
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangalures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by bilge bilge wrote:

Rick all except for the big lure are dipped in thinned acrylic clear. usually 3 coats with a light rub with fine steel wool in between. I wait in between coats and don't clear over recent colors. The solvent will cause color to run if the color is is not cured enough. I don't have a rotisserie so all of the lures are hung from the bib if the clear is not thinned it can cause runs. the big lures are sprayed with acrylic clear from a pressure pack, again a few coats allowed to cure and rubbed with fine steel wool in between.

Thanks Bill for the info that will be ok for my little ones to get dipped and hung from the tow eyelet then. 

I'll give that ago Thumbs Up cheers Rick 

bilge View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Bill Jackson Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bilge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 7:25pm
I hope it works for you i like it Billj
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangalures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 9:21pm
Bill that big one with the pin strip , did you do that by hand or tape ?      Either way its very nice and effective the colour is a nice mix.  

Cheers Rick
bilge View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Bill Jackson Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bilge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 11:10pm
Rick that is done using a gold pen and ruler and a helpful wife. It is not easy but as the pen is oil based you can do it and remove it ad nauseum. My wife's patience isn't as long as mine however. Being oil based it is subject to wear as is the signature but I have found if you let them both dry for about a week to be safe you can spray a very light coat of acrylic clear, but I spray with the lure in horizontal position so that the gold doesn't run. A day later I will give another light coat. It is the same process I use for the fusilier stripes. But you must be patient. I have also used a silver pen to imitate the silver stripe on our garfish but the silver tends to run more easily and looses its gloss.
billjWink
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangalures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 11:33pm
Thanks again Billj very handy, for a very nice look , Cheers Rick 
JOKER View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Shane Love Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOKER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 9:06am
qual lures they look great, cheers Shane.
doccod View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
B.J.'s Spinnerbaits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doccod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2013 at 2:21pm
Gee I like those little sardine shapes Bill.....Wink should make great cod and callop lures mate?????.....B.J.
bilge View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Bill Jackson Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bilge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2013 at 2:33pm
I think you might be on the money BJ. looking at one I painted the other night and the penny dropped not only a herring but perhaps a boney bream??????????WinkWink mate I fish the river with saw them the first time the other day I had to pry his hands open on his way out. Just sorted out the templates to make some users and some pilchard minnows for SBT. Billj
doccod View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
B.J.'s Spinnerbaits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doccod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 1:59pm
G'day Bill does that mean by generating your imagination....... I might be able to covet a herring shape as painted in blue shad (very Top)???????? Would be interested in swimming one...... in some greenfish related waters...... in and around N.s.w.......regards B.J.
darcymenchin View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Mencho Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darcymenchin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 3:36pm
Hi Bill 
terrific looking lures there great shape and paint  ,to cut the glare off the flash place a bit of masking tape over flash of camera works well as a light diffuser.
Regards Darcy. 

Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by darcymenchin darcymenchin wrote:

Hi Bill 
terrific looking lures there great shape and paint  ,to cut the glare off the flash place a bit of masking tape over flash of camera works well as a light diffuser.
Regards Darcy. 

Or a tissue
D.Dads View Drop Down
Ron Davies Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D.Dads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 6:32pm
excelent lures well colored &painted Ron
Benno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 9:32pm
Beautiful lures Bill, that popper looks great and the 3 hookers!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic