LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Fishing > Fishing Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A couple of Echo highlights

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lead lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2015 at 5:15pm
Lovely fish as for the rest of the story we believe you
Cheers Graeme
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2015 at 8:32pm
Thanks guys

Graeme I speak the truth - it was a good balance of fishing and paddling/sight-seeing as Zoe wants to go back there again and that means I wasn't in fishing obsessed mode

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
lead lure View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lead lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2015 at 9:14pm
JOKER View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Shane Love Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOKER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2015 at 10:06pm
Special lures......doing real good mate....cheers Shane
Whatever
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2015 at 9:59pm
So here's an interesting story - I went paddling yesterday on Lake Burley Griffin, and heading around the first bend I saw something swimming in the middle of the lake that didn't look like the usual water life cruising around. I paddled over and found an Ewok looking thing struggling to keep it's head above water. After he dried out on the front of the kayak he looked like this...

I kept paddling whilst keeping a lookout along the bank for anyone who may have been searching for him and picked up two nice goldens...

I'm not sure if he was excited about the first fish, or if he was simply addicted to water, because he jumped in again - this time knocking my Loomis GLX/Stradic setup in with him. Straight to the bottom of LBG it went. After grabbing him again, I was really lucky to get hold of the baby Merrit that was floating in the water and attached to the outfit at the bottom of the lake.

I took him back home and after Zoe put a post in the lost pet section through Facebook he was back with his owners by late evening.

There's been a lot of very good Goldens around lately. Here's a few...

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
lead lure View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lead lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2015 at 10:33pm
Nice fish i thought firemen rescued cats out of tree's not dogs out of ponds
Cheers Graeme
Alljo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alljo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2015 at 9:15am
Nice goldens dan,,,no sure about the dog
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2015 at 5:58pm
That lake is a good producerThumbs Up
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Tbolt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 7:24am
You done good Danny, lovely lures and great fish Thumbs Up

Cheers
Cliff
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2015 at 8:38pm
Thanks fellas, it is a great lake - the best Golden Perch fishery in Canberra I think. It gets a bit of a hiding over summer as a lot of bait fishos don't release them, but each to their own. It's a stocked lake and it's great to see people out fishing whether they are releasing a lure caught fish or trying for a feed.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2015 at 8:48pm
A couple of my mates went out for a paddle today (I couldn't) to a smaller urban lake that we have suspected for some time would have a good little population of relatively untouched Golden Perch. My phone beeped at 5.30 this arvo with these photos. It was Dave's biggest Golden Perch to date and went 65cm. The Jinjulu pictured is one of the first four I ever carved, and has been around. I lost it to a snag last summer, then after getting a different lure caught on the same snag a couple of days later it floated up out of the depths. It then sat in the car for half the year, Phil then stole it and Dave then stole it off him. Then it caught this....

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2015 at 9:23pm
Love The Ewock The Lures and the fish,
Bloody lucky to get ya gear back from the bottom of LBG
This is All Good in every way
Kimo
MadDogLures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2015 at 11:20pm
Hi Danny, I must spend a day up there when I am down at Lake Jindabyne in March and can you hire a kayak ? Great fish, magic lures and do you know about the Murrumbidgee river if it's any good ?

Cheers
Dave
Life is fishing!
hypnos View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hypnos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2016 at 5:21am
geez danny - a football with fins !!! lol lol Thumbs Up
cheers
a wife & a steady job are a handicap to the serious fisherman !!
Alljo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alljo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2016 at 6:14am
Dan great fishyour lures really work it must be those eyes.......those fat goldens can't resist them . You need to give those echos a run at Windamere, they would be dynamite. Cheers pete happy new year......
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2016 at 12:37pm
Thanks Kimo, yes very lucky there mate - I just so happened to have extra braid off the spool so I could photograph the fish with the lure resting next to its mouth. Otherwise that would have been the last time I ever saw it.

Hi Dave. Sounds good mate lets go for a fish when you're down if I'm around. No need to hire a kayak we have a spare Hobie. I do fish the Bidgee from time to time. It's a stunning part of the world with beautiful native fish, and hopefully remains that way for generations to come. There are numerous articles by some very talented and conservation driven local anglers that give some wonderful insight into the Bidgee and places to fish. I'm still learning a lot about this system.

Bazza I wasn't there but wish I was. Always great to see a friend catch a fish like that.

Thanks Pete Happy New Year to you too mate. I would love to fish Windamere one day, especially due to it's history and association with Deception Lures. I should have already gone actually. Must book a trip in.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2016 at 6:04pm
That is one monster yellowbelly61.   Bet you don't show those mates your deceptionsLOL
Martin-

Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2016 at 11:53pm
Hi Martin. Honestly I reckon they would think a Deception was some kind of Transformer Most of them are into imported plastic lures. They'd struggle to have a store bought modern timber lure in their tacklebox, let alone knowledge of a 90's legend like Paul and his lures. That's why the LL forum is great - I can chat about Deceptions to you good folk

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2016 at 8:24am
Getting some good fish on your lures Danny! Happy new year!
cheers steiny
Tbolt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2016 at 6:59am
Love those fat golden footballs Smile ,can't beat the thrill of nice fish on your own lures!

Cheers
Cliff
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 9:38pm
Thanks Steiny and Cliff.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 9:53pm
A bit of rain and wind this arvo nearly deterred me from the paddle that I had planned however I'm glad I still went out. There were some nice Goldens around, as I managed 7 nice fish casting to structure. I changed up lures after each fish, so it was nice to see a few different models and colours work including metal bibbed and polycarb models in the Jinjulu and Gimlet, as well as the Eurabbie.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
lead lure View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lead lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 10:33pm
Very satisfying to see your lures working well
Cheers Graeme
MadDogLures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2016 at 6:49am
Well done Danny, love the lures and great fish Thumbs Up

Cheers,
Dave
Life is fishing!
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 2:01pm
Thanks Graeme and Dave. Quite a few photos however I wanted to show them all as they came up well with the glassy water and lower light, plus all on different lures.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
JOKER View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Shane Love Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOKER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 3:00pm
Awesome Danny.....going great guns.....enjoying seeing your success mate.....cheers Shane. ....
Whatever
lead lure View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lead lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 3:56pm
Danny are all those yellows caught on the back trebles
Cheers Graeme
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 6:39pm
Hi Shane, thanks mate glad you like the reports.

G'day Graeme. All of those pictures had the lure placed next to the mouth of the fish to show the lure properly and to make for a better photo. All 7 fish were cleanly hooked however you're stretching my memory with regards to how many were the front or back. Due to the calm and clear water it was amazing to see the follow right up to the rod tip which resulted in a strike more often than not. Really does make me wonder how many follows you get sometimes when they are a bit shut down and the visibility is worse.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
brian1960 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brian1960 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 8:04pm
Well done Danny it is good to see a what starts from a piece of wood and turns into a lure that produces the goods .

Cheers brian
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 2:03am
Thanks Brian, it's always fun when something you've created goes to plan.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 2:26am
Jindabyne is fishing really well at the moment. We had an overnight stay there and although it was a partner friendly trip (I stayed clear of the ridiculously early mornings or fishing after dark) we still managed some very nice fish. 7 or 8 nice browns and a handful of acrobatic rainbows ensured a couple of very nice afternoon sessions.

The browns were beautifully marked and had no qualms smashing all of the models that were sprayed up just before hand. The ultra deep baby Merrit was the standout lure for the trip - I think purely because it flatlines at 6+ metres which is where a lot of the early afternoon brownies were skulking around on snags. The shallower divers picked up some very nice fish on dusk over the clay yabby beds too.

A few nice ones on the baby Merrit....

This solid fish which we released scoffed the new baby Jinjulu over the yabby beds right on dusk.

Cheers,

Danny.

Echo Lures
hypnos View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hypnos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 7:16am
beautiful fish on really nice lures - well you  !!! Clap
cheers
bazz
hypnos View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hypnos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 7:20am
oops !! my bad .... i missed a "done " - old age probably !!! lol lol 
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 8:23am
You were right, great markings on the browns - a great session, well done on your lures and fishClap
Martin-

lead lure View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lead lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 10:07am
Those lures only seem to attract those feral introduced fish think you better stick with the others
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic