Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > Mencho
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A few Menchos

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A few Menchos
    Posted: 03 May 2010 at 11:27pm
Haven't had much time to take pics lately so made some time tonight, some pics were rushed and the settings of course not optimal so please look past some of the shoddy shots.
Big Boys - some custom Holo Gutz versions of a couple of Mencho classics
Mencho made me up some Holo Gutz versions of the Umpty & Galapagos lures, these are big boys!
Below is a couple of regular Umptys and a Horny Toad, note middle lure has 22 cal rattle chamber
A few closeups of these lures
These next two lures are rapidly becoming my favourites an F'nuck and an Arachno (or Spider if you like), the action on these guys has to be seen to be believed. They are excellent!
Now for a small stampede of Goanna's
Maybe one day I'll take some pics that truly show how good these lures really are. I'm contemplating ways to make a couple of small videos to show how strong the actions are, go on give em a try if you haven't already!
Hi I'm Ropes and I'm addicted to fishing lures.
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 5:43pm
THERES some nice COD candy there ropes the small horny toad is a stunner there all stunners........Big smileBig smileBig smileClapClap
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 6:36pm
Wow some awesome examples of Mencho's quality lures Ropes Clap

I haven't had a chance to swim the spider yet, although I certainly look forward to watching the explosion when a bass (or maybe a Barra) smashes it at Lenthalls - it's gotta happen!

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
ropes.basstard View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 9:19pm
I got bored last weekend and sat next to the pool throwing lures and checking out what they look like swimming through clear water. Honestly I was amazed at how strong the action is in Mencho's lures. One of his newer lures the Mudgee Holo Gutz (no photo yet) really took me by surprise because it dives well but does not pull your arms off. I think Mencho is onto something very special with this one.

Ropes
tooch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Twitchy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 9:23pm
Nice lures Paul, The old Darcy really Knows what he's doing, Good stuff.ClapClapClap Regards Pete.
I'd rather be fishing with

bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2011 at 1:45pm
THESE are just stunners menchoClapClapClapClapClap
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2011 at 5:50pm
They certainly are! & I did borrow a waterproof housing for my video camera but they were not compatible.............bugger.

However, my misus gave me a waterproof compact camera for our last trip, it takes video, so I should be able to snatch a clip or two and uplaod them.

Ropes
darcymenchin View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Mencho Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darcymenchin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2011 at 6:03pm
Hi  Paul,
I have just seen your photos of my lures and I think that I need a few tips on getting them to look as good as you have portrayed them here ,thanks for the good comments I think that you should swim them in the Hawkesbury and get some shots with fish hanging off them .
Regards Darcy.

bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 5:38pm
JUST dig these luresClapClapClapregards bob
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 8:30pm
You dig em and I have a bucket load of them. They are A1 top shelf gear.
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 8:33pm
When I posted these pics I thought there would have been more discussion about Darcy using an empty 22 calibre rifle shell to create the rattle chamber in these lures, but it did not pick up the momentum I thought it would. Weird really!
darcymenchin View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Mencho Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darcymenchin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 8:35pm
LOLHi Paul,
Thank you for putting those few Menchos up for view ,I have not made the Hollow Guts for some time now you sure know how to take a good photo you make them look a million dollars  ,It would be nice for you to get a couple of cod hanging off them and then post up ,,Dont worry about losing them as I know the bloke that makes themLOL
Regards Darcy.

LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 8:55pm
You made them look good. I haven't been fishing for ages! Am planning to overcome that soon though. Mind you I would be very challenged using the Hollo Gutz with the 22 shells in them.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic