LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures > Questions and Tips re carving your own fishing lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A few more helpful jigs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArdentAngler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A few more helpful jigs
    Posted: 09 May 2020 at 4:43pm
Here are a few more simple jigs to make lure making and other projects easier and more consistent for you guys.

Essentially all you need is a square scrap of hard wood, a bolt, washer, door lock, and a few other shop scraps. If you need help just leave a comment, I'll be more than happy to answer. Personally I ask the most basic questions that should be easy to figure on my own, so don't feel ashamed. Albeit, I am a fanatical learner and keep pounding away at the bedrock to hone what I already know...Mea culpa Ollie and Powell for my silly questions.

Pretty basic, though this is the crux of all my builds. I am keen on accuracy and consistency, and these tools are fun to think up. The jigs are the same except for the scribing device switch a pen out for a wire brad nail.

The center scriber is a gel pen which can be adjusted to any height. Seeing as few stock boards are planed perfectly, this allows you to micro adjust and hit the mark each time.

The rounded off point brad nail I just made the other day. Finally got to a point where the numerous difficulties of drilling added up and something had to be done. Even with a drill press it seems the bit has a mind of its own, think most of it comes down to the little dimple for the bit to start?

I know this is not a novel creation, possibly a different spin on the stereotypical marking gauge. Once again necessity breeds innovation and these are the tools I have come up with. Hopefully it provides succor to the individuals struggling out there?

Just doing my best to pay it forward to all the great content on this site.

ArdentAngler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArdentAngler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 5:22am
One more jig

Currently using this to cut the top profile of blanks all while keeping the digits safe from harm. Perhaps helpful to those who cut 3d lure blanks?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic