LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures > 3D Printed Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A few new colours

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A few new colours
    Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 7:34pm
Been working on a few different colour patterns. Happy with the outcome.

Danny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 7:38pm
Hey Charger, they look fantastic. You've got some great detail there. Great work.

Dan
Dan
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 7:46pm
Looks good, Ilike the green and pink "lightning" lookClap
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
charger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 7:50pm
Thanks Dan.

Rob.
charger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 7:51pm
Cheers Martin.

Yeah I'm pretty happy with how they turned out.

Rob.
jaybonnie View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 9:55pm
The lace pattern lure is beautiful mate,well done great jobClap
THE CODFATHER
charger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 10:24pm
Thanks Jay.

I really love the lace pattern and that colour variation just looks stunning in the sunlight with the tan and metallic black. The problem I have now is I don't want to fish them and get them scratched. I almost look forward to producing a dud so i can use it! Got to rewire my brain!!

Cheers Rob.
Cod Classic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cod Classic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 11:09pm
Charger

The lures look great. Nice work. 

For your interest those two patterns are very similar to -

1. Alex Hickson's Vikings who produced a "Crackle Paint" range about 7 years ago  

&

2. Kuttafurra's large lace patter he has been producing for a couple of years.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers TB

Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 12:09am
Rob, outstanding painting. Very impressed.

If you look through the Deception Lures section on this site, you'll find that the lace you have painted so very well actually originated from styles and patterns pioneered by Paul Kneller. There has been a resurrection of this pattern that can be seen in Kuttafurra lures, Echo lures and from memory I think I've even seen legends like Gristy have a go at it over the last year or so. You are doing the pattern proud mate, as I'm sure Paul would agree if he saw it.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
Lure-Nut View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Tonk Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lure-Nut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 12:29am
Great looking lures - always love seeing that lace pattern reproduced, it's timeless and I'm pretty sure first appeared on the early 90's Deception Yabby's and Shrimp.

Well done, keep them coming ....

Cheers

Rob
Tonk Lures
charger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 10:08am
Thanks TB, Danny and Rob.

Yep it is Paul's Deception that made me do it!! This one:

I don't know what it is exactly but I just LOVE this lure colour. Funny thing is, my mates all sort of just brushed over it when I showed them with no real interest in it. They like the crackle effect and crystal versions much more. Difference of opinion I suppose. Next up will be some much bigger cod lures and I am thinking of a cool camo colour. I just painted one of my son's Nerf guns that way and it looks absolutely awesome. Stay tuned.

Regards,
Rob.

Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 4:24pm
Awesome Rob.

Yep that's a very nice twisted wire Scampi. I reckon that particular circle lace pictured was probably the post popular variant. I've seen it on early twisted wire Cherax, right through to later model Shrimp. There's some rarer versions, but they seem to have only been sprayed on the series 1 and 2 Yabbies, as well as the early Whitmore Shrimp. Yet to see any circle lace on a cutlet bone Shrimp or Scampi. Never say never though.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
charger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 10:03pm
Yeah Danny I think this pattern is probably the most beautiful lure I have ever seen. It is just the simple elegance for me. Nothing wasted at all. Just two colours and a very simple pattern. I wish I could find some of that lace!! I think Paul said it came from a curtain he hacked up!!! Lure-Nut (Rob) posted this example in the lace thread and I haven't stopped thinking about it since. Pure perfection for me.

Cheers,
Rob.
G Rosa View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G Rosa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 7:24am
Wow, those look awesome. 
charger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 5:11pm
Thanks G.
Lure-Nut View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Tonk Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lure-Nut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by charger charger wrote:

Yeah Danny I think this pattern is probably the most beautiful lure I have ever seen. It is just the simple elegance for me. Nothing wasted at all. Just two colours and a very simple pattern. I wish I could find some of that lace!! I think Paul said it came from a curtain he hacked up!!! Lure-Nut (Rob) posted this example in the lace thread and I haven't stopped thinking about it since. Pure perfection for me.

Cheers,
Rob.

Touch of Deceptionitis there I think ...

Cheers

Rob
Tonk Lures
charger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2016 at 12:21am
Ha ha, yep!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic