LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NT Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A new BarraGuru ...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pecheur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A new BarraGuru ...
    Posted: 30 May 2012 at 11:20pm
Hi there,

Yes I have been very lucky, I was offered one more BarraGuru fishing lure.
And once again, it is a very beautiful timber one.

How come I got this lure?
Well it is very simple, I was having a little chat with Tony B. the maker of the BarraGuru lures, and of course it is very easy to guess what we were discussing...
You are right, fishing lures, yes...
And as I was showing him one of his lures in a display, I told him that I really liked the colour and shape of this one, as for some obscure reasons it made me think of an old cafe racer. It was a yellow lure with a black head.
I don't know what chord it strung with Tony, but he smiled at me and said: "I will make you one like that".
This was music to my hears, and I thought that if I was lucky, in a few weeks, maybe months, I would be the happy recipient of a new great hand made fishing lure.
Well, bite me, but in the same week, (talk of a spoilt kid) Tony got this great lure delivered to me.
Thank you Tony.

Here it comes:

My second BarraGuru.

This one to me, will be the cafe racer of my little collection.
Don't ask why, but it remind me of these old motorbikes from the 1960's.

From above.

To me the head and bib look a bit like an ace of spades. And every time that I see an ace of spades, this old song from when I was a tad younger, came back in the back of my head... The song of course is called Ace of Spades by the band Motörhead... 
A tune that I really liked as a kid, which has stuck to some recess of my memory.

Signed under the tail.

Yes 2012 seems to be a very good vintage for the BarraGuru production.

The face.

This is a very well finished wooden fishing lure.
This one too, is made from the Red Cedar that had been stocked by Eric Moller, under his house for his own production. And was later given to Tony by Eric Moller grandson.
The wood this very lure is made from, was stocked in far North Queensland before being moved to Darwin in the Northern Territory, to finally being transform in a beautiful fishing lure.
The origin of the wood, combined with the great work from Tony, make this a very special object in itself.

Now, with this lure, I have decided to do a thing that I normally would never do with any of the lures from my collection...
I will actually try to catch a fish with it.
I would love to be able to give Tony a photograph of a fish caught with one of his lure.
It would be just one fish, and back to the display case.
I know that the lure, might be scratched, and may loose a bit of its original paintwork...

Have a good day,
Pecheur
ropes.basstard View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 11:22pm
You gotta be happy with that one!
Hi I'm Ropes and I'm addicted to fishing lures.
Pecheur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pecheur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 11:28pm
More than happy!
Smile
dalbykayakin View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Smick Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalbykayakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 11:43pm
Are you as happy as i was in this photo?

Pecheur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pecheur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 12:05am
Hey Dalbykayakin,

Laff
Clap Clap Clap

Have a good day,
Pecheur
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Smick Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalbykayakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 12:07am
When your 18 years old and your full and at the pub having a dinner and you see a possum. Things can get outta control sometimes
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 12:20am
Damn, I thought Possum was back on the menu at the The Country ClubWink  LOL

Brad
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

SNAFU View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
RIPP-N LURES

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNAFU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 8:48am
Originally posted by Darby Darby wrote:

Damn, I thought Possum was back on the menu at the The Country ClubWink  LOL

Brad

Does it come with GRITS..haha

And pecheur thats a nice lure you recieved...

Mick!!!
bignanny View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CAM Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bignanny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 9:27am
Pecheur, thats a very nice looking lure, thanks for posting.

Dalbykayakin, your possum is also nice.
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 10:23am
Pleased you're happy with it Regis, give it a swim, like I said if you lose it I'll replace. While swimming it, bear in mind you have to beat 80cm weighing 12lb, saltwater barra. Better that and I'll give you TWO more LOL.
Regards, Seaweed.
"Always Merry and Bright"
goldtrev68 View Drop Down
Ex Member.
Ex Member.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldtrev68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 10:35am
Originally posted by dalbykayakin dalbykayakin wrote:

Are you as happy as i was in this photo?
 MATE I WILL GIVE YOU A TIP,,ITS A SHEEP LOAD EASIER TO THEM IF YOU SKIN THEM,,Gary

Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Smick Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalbykayakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 11:00am
hahhaaha
Pecheur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pecheur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 1:50pm
Hi Capt. Seaweed,

Originally posted by Capt.Seaweed Capt.Seaweed wrote:

Pleased you're happy with it Regis, give it a swim, like I said if you lose it I'll replace. While swimming it, bear in mind you have to beat 80cm weighing 12lb, saltwater barra. Better that and I'll give you TWO more LOL.
Regards, Seaweed.

You bet that I am pleased with it!
Smile
As for the challenge to beat 80cm and 12 lb.  ...
Well better hope that my first fish with it will be a big one then...
;-)

Thanks again, and have a good day,
Pecheur
fletch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Kuttafurra Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2012 at 3:24am
possum boy ..... like your style ..... cool shot ......cheers aaron
stinger View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2012 at 11:05am
just waiting for the next photo of you and your possum skin hat  ,,,,,all questions answered
REMEMBER FOOLS RUSH IN WERE ANGELES FEAR TO TREAD
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic