LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Local Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A sad message about Ron

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trevron1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A sad message about Ron
    Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 7:00pm
Hi Guys, posting this about Ron Henderson (local lures). His wife Maureen rang last week and informed me Ron had to go into care. He is suffering memory loss and is a fall risk. I have been mates with Ron since the late '70s starting off in the old Brisbane Sportfishing Club. I'm sure those who know him will be thinking of him and hope he is comfortable. 
Trev 
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 7:19pm
Sad news. I never met Ron but I have heard nothing but good about him. Condolences to all of his friends and family. It is a hard time for all from now onwards.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
grey nomad View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grey nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 7:48pm
Yes, very sad. Ron is one of life's true gentlemen and certainly 
deserved better than this as he grew older.
Gristy
Luc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 8:38pm
Sad new indeed. Also knew him from the old Brisbane Sportfishing Club.

Not a good way to go for a keen angler.
L4
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 9:12pm
Sorry to hear this news Trevor. Ive had a few good chats with Ron about his fishing history and its a book. A very hard decision for Maureen to make but his safety is important. I know they had downsized to a unit a few years back.  DebbieD.
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 9:29pm
Sorry to hear Trevor. Thoughts are with Ron, Maureen and family.
Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
rally44 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Lee's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rally44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 9:49pm
Very sorry to hear of this happening to Ron. He took lots of my lures on his sales run down the coast when he was based in Cairns. A bloody top bloke. Cheers Richard.
Dads in the shed making saw-dust again.
hypnos View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hypnos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 12:29pm
yes - very sad news - trev rang me last week with the details - i had known ron thru the b.s.f.c also -here is a pic of his boat when we fished the moreton bay game fish classic in the early 70's - i won a rod for the highest scoring tuna on day 2 of the comp - a very genuine likeable man
cheers
bazz
a wife & a steady job are a handicap to the serious fisherman !!
Tony Mc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Mc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 5:07pm
Sad news. Ron is a good man.

Tony.

a good lure is a tool, not a toy - Vic McCristal
hypnos View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hypnos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 8:05am
oops !! i missed the pic so here is another one as well - darryl steel in the background with ron & maureen presenting my son with a prize at a bsfc junior comp ( he is now 49 years old ) 
cheers
bazz
a wife & a steady job are a handicap to the serious fisherman !!
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 11:49am
Sad to hear this news, met Ron at Expo about 2015/16 had a good chat, have an early Local Lure in my collection, which I treasure. Baz you mention Darryl Steel in your post, he went way too early.
Seaweed.
"Always Merry and Bright"
reel deal View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reel deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 9:31pm
A more recent image of Ron.

And a very special letter with a trio of his handiwork..

A trip to Cairns way back - last century even, I met Ron at Bransfords and we exchanged business cards.. 

He was elated to receive 'his' card back as a memento of those Cairns heydays.

wadey the sad
www.reeldealfishing.com.au
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic