LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Fugly
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

a tale of a haggis

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 10:30pm
Chris, that's about how old that pic is LOL
Now I need to coerce a REALLY current one out of Martins stash Wink

Brad

"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 10:33pm
nah i'll give you a couple at the expo mateThumbs UpWink
tooch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Twitchy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2013 at 8:53am
I've always admired your work Chris.. a big thumbs up from me mate...Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up...pete.
I'd rather be fishing with

puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2013 at 12:43pm
cheers Pete ,your not so bad yourself!Clap
saito View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2013 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by puglee62 puglee62 wrote:

cheers Pete ,your not so bad yourself!Clap
Oh la la hahahaha WinkEmbarrassed
Cheers

James

~Love my Bass fishing~
mdlures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
MD Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdlures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2013 at 1:42pm
Congrats Chris, they are a great little lure Thumbs Up the bitten ones are off the scale, true art !

cheers
Mark

MDlures
traditional hand carved fishing lures
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2013 at 7:32pm
Awesome write-up Chris, thanks for sharing the Haggis tale with us Clap

I think I've only got your latest model here, they are a ripper little lure Thumbs Up

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2013 at 7:41pm
awesome LURES I FISH MINE ON THE LIZARDS & BASS ALL THE TIME just dig em chris well done mateClapClapClapClapClapClapTongueTongueTongueregards bob
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Tony Tony wrote:

Awesome write-up Chris, thanks for sharing the Haggis tale with us Clap

I think I've only got your latest model here, they are a ripper little lure Thumbs Up

you have too many lures TonyLOL,i think you may have one of my very first Haggis' its sort of purple,ugly and blisteredWink
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 1:33pm
mdlures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
MD Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdlures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 2:05pm
Chris, that's a cracker, the barra and jacks would jump in the boat after that Thumbs Up very nice !

cheers
Mark
MDlures
traditional hand carved fishing lures
Strangalures View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangalures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 2:59pm
That's cool Chris

Is it a swimmer or just commemorative ? For its birthday

Cheers Rick

Fish Choking Lures :)
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 4:09pm

you have too many lures TonyLOL,i think you may have one of my very first Haggis' its sort of purple,ugly and blisteredWink

Oops, right you are about the Haggis Chris! I just spent two hours gathering all my Fugly lures together and the prototype Haggis was in the very last lot I found! Shocked

Dunno about too many lures, although I do have too little memory Embarrassed  LOL  I do remember now that I was over the moon when the parcel arrived, how cool that I got to be surprised a second time Big smile

Cheers, Tony

Red Hunter View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Red Hunter Fishing Rods

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 4:34pm
Thanks for posting Chris , great yarn , Thumbs Up
Darkside Slayer and Zombie hunter.
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by Tony Tony wrote:

Oops, right you are about the Haggis Chris! I just spent two hours gathering all my Fugly lures together and the prototype Haggis was in the very last lot I found! Shocked

Dunno about too many lures, although I do have too little memory Embarrassed  LOL  I do remember now that I was over the moon when the parcel arrived, how cool that I got to be surprised a second time Big smile

sorry mate I didn't mean to put you out as I know your very busy,thankyou for putting up that picture. I will have a few presents for you at the expo Wink
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 5:28pm
Not put out at all Chris, putting in time getting my lures sorted out better is a very high priority and something I've been looking forwards to for ages, you just helped give me the incentive to get out there today and get started - thank you Cool

I had great fun, part of that time was spent going through a few other boxes too, boy do I need some display cabinets so I can enjoy these things more! There's lots of other cool lures of yours I was drooling over, this pic doesn't do them justice although here's a glimpse now that they are semi-organised (still a box or two of yours I need to find though I think) Confused LOL

Top row second section from right is Funky Haggis' - including the very cool "Dalmation" Big smile

ooohhhh presents, goody! Big smile
Cheers, Tony

horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 8:55pm
Hey Chris, that clear haggis would look like a jelly prawn - would work very wellThumbs Up
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 1:41pm
the clear lure is still a work in progress guys I have to get it to floatConfusedLOL
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 2:23pm
ive been searching high and low for some old haggis pics finally found this one from about 2002
a batch of non gilled poly haggis'
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 6:46pm
When it's finished and floats or better still suspends (in fresh - yes we have had this freshwater / saltwater/temperature suspending conversation before) it will slay the fish.A little light colouring on the back and LOOOOK OUUUUT
Martin-

puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2013 at 9:20pm
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2013 at 9:26pm
bloody awesome mateClap
and that clear one will be your winner once you've got it how you want it.
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2013 at 9:29pm
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2013 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by Nicho Nicho wrote:

bloody awesome mateClap
and that clear one will be your winner once you've got it how you want it.
ithink ive pretty much got it sussed Jas its secret stuff right now though mateWink
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2013 at 3:18pm
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2013 at 3:32pm
STUNNERS chris very very cool with the clip awsome luresClapClapClapClapClapClapBig smileBig smileregards bob
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2013 at 6:06pm
cheerz Bob,ive decided to cut loose with the colors on most of the haggis' I make from here on in,up till now they've been pretty much plain so time for me to have some fun
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2013 at 6:24pm
THEY look unreal mate well done chrisClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapregards bob
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2013 at 6:46pm
Great mate - just great. Love your artistic flair with the new colours and your bites still make me laugh.
Martin-

Squiddly Diddly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squiddly Diddly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2013 at 6:48pm
Love those new paint jobs, with that scale patternWink the bass will love them. Cheers Danny
popper_world View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popper_world Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2013 at 11:55am
Love it Hug thump up Thumbs Up
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 6:51am
dig these lures every one should have someClapClapClapClapBig smileBig smileregards bob
MadDogLures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 7:03am
Clap I will get one Thumbs Upbut you have to be quick about itWink

Cheers
Dave
Life is fishing!
Jeff View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 4:57pm
Whats the one I got off you recently , it has only got a small bib  . It will be getting used this weekend at Burrendong Smile
I like pretty painted sticks
codyak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote codyak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 5:25pm
Love the clear haggis Chris there's some great looking lures in this post, i think i say that about any posts with fuglys
I don't think anyone could not like your work mate

Blake..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic