LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > Deception Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A very nice Cherax

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A very nice Cherax
    Posted: 01 Sep 2015 at 6:38pm
I was over the moon when this arrived today from Sel (Nativeman).

It is a near mint Cherax (CX80) and the colours are just unreal. I am yet to see this scheme in any of Paul's lures so I am well aware of its rarity. I'm also aware of the efforts Sel went to in order to obtain this lure and I'm extremely grateful. Thankyou Sel

Here it is. Enjoy.

Cheers,

Danny.

CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2015 at 6:41pm
Very very nice.Well done.
The Journey is the Reward

Nativeman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nativeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2015 at 7:48pm
I'm glad you like it Daniel, and hasn't it come up magnificent with a polish. I must try that with some of my lures... I have a new lure I need so I will pm you and we can go down this road again..Thumbs Up
Lure-Nut View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Tonk Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lure-Nut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2015 at 10:20pm
Danny, top Cherax and beautiful colour that I haven't exactly seen before. Do have a very similar version with a darker back in a Shrimp and a Nipper, but not with the solid colour all over Thumbs Up

Top pick-up ...

Cheers

Rob
Tonk Lures
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by Nativeman Nativeman wrote:

I'm glad you like it Daniel, and hasn't it come up magnificent with a polish. I must try that with some of my lures... I have a new lure I need so I will pm you and we can go down this road again..Thumbs Up

No worries Sel if the next venture is as fruitful as this one for both involved then I'm in for sure. The product is
"Scratch - X", first highlighted to me by Rob (lure-nut) in a post on a different site. I am also using "Plast - X" to clean and buff the polycarbonate bibs. Both products are made by Meguires and I've purchased them in automotive/car care stores. Might be time to re-post this information in a new thread as it's helped me a lot and brought some scuffed lures back to near mint.

Cheers,

Danny.
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by Lure-Nut Lure-Nut wrote:

Danny, top Cherax and beautiful colour that I haven't exactly seen before. Do have a very similar version with a darker back in a Shrimp and a Nipper, but not with the solid colour all over Thumbs Up

Top pick-up ...

Cheers

Rob

A picture tells a thousand words Rob They sound great and would love to see them. I can't be the only one posting Deceptions all the time. Fatigue is setting in

It is most definitely a top pick up, however all credit goes to Sel.

Cheers,

Danny.
Lure-Nut View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Tonk Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lure-Nut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 3:37pm
Will pull them out when I get home .... Thumbs Up

Cheers

Rob
Tonk Lures
Lure-Nut View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Tonk Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lure-Nut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 8:40pm
Danny, here are my pair from the same family tree LOL

Twisted wire Shrimp and matching Nipper with no polishing - identical underneath as yours Thumbs Up

Cheers

Rob

Tonk Lures
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 8:47pm
Absolutely stunning. You're spot on about the full colour on the back of the Cherax. It certainly results in a very different looking lure. That twisted wire omega clip Shrimp has got me drooling.   

Cheers,

Danny.

Echo Lures
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 10:53pm
Rob I thought I'd throw this photo in of the unusual coloured Cherax amongst other greenish hues that often make it hard to get an exact colour run.

Believe it or not both the Yabby and twisted wire omega clip Shrimp at the back left, although they appear very blue under the light, can almost be passed off as a dark blueish green when viewed in real life.

These show just how different and vibrant the Cherax of topic is.

Cheers,

Danny
Echo Lures
Lure-Nut View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Tonk Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lure-Nut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2015 at 8:35am
Years ago there was a post / topic about 'your favourite colour lure' and from memory I posted that twisted Shrimp above .... maybe I'm just patriotic and it's the Aussie colours that appeal LOL

I reckon Paul could spray a black back on yours and we'd have a bigger set Big smile

Cheers

Rob
Tonk Lures
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2015 at 10:05am
Rob imagine a Hornet in that colour. What a lure it would be.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2015 at 1:41pm
If you ever want to remove deeper marks and stubborn rust marks from lures, try Turtle wax in the green liquid. I use all the time on tackle box rash and rust marks caused by hooks on older lures.
On light marks, use the Glaze cream polish.
Regards, Seaweed.
"Always Merry and Bright"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic