LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > International Lures > European Fishing Lures > Swedish Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Abu T spot - anyone?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scrubber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Abu T spot - anyone?
    Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 4:07pm
An elderly relative has made regular reference to an "abu T-spot" lure that he used to use. I've searched and searched and can not find reference to one. Has anyone got any info on this lure?
rivermandave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rivermandave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 11:22pm
Is it possible that "T spot" was a nickname for the lure?

This page has MANY Abu lures on it

http://www.vintagefishingtackle-uk.com/abulures.htm

And here's some catalog pages

http://realsreels.com/Advertizing/ABUGarciaUSAAdvertizing/ABUGarciaUSAadvertizinglures.html

Too bad he didn't give you a description  of the lure Confused

rivermandave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rivermandave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 11:33pm
scrubber View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scrubber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 7:50am
Anything is possible! From his description I think it was a Toby style. I might print out the "trout" pattern and see if it was it.

Thanks.
Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 9:12am
More than likely it was a Toby that had spots along the body or at the tail similar to this one...

Fysshe
scrubber View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scrubber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 9:40am
Thanks for the info, I'll try hunt down a few photos to show him. Cheers.
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 11:01pm

The oldest ABU catalog i have is from 1973. Here is Pict. off the Toby i think you seek.  Cheers Per

AS YOU CAN SEE IT WAS MADE IN 10-18 AND 30GRAMS

Here is a Pict from a 1985 catalog Here you can see it is called TOBY T 
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
scrubber View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scrubber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 11:52pm
Awesome. I'm thinking that's it. Thanks very much.
Maxblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maxblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2014 at 5:06am
A very underrated lure ,many fakes made but the genuine ABU/ Svängsta Toby is well balanced ,casts and catch Thumbs Up   
you can't go wrong with some in your boxes 

Cheers Thore 

scrubber View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scrubber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 9:01pm
So I have continued this conversation further with my Great Uncle and we have now established that it was a Hi-Lo, in colour T. I'm guessing the importer at the time termed them "T spot" as it has red spots down the side. I have found reference to a Hi Lo in the T colour being called a "Trout Scale". Maybe the "Trout Scale" was morphed into "Trout Spot" which is what he recalls it being called.

Would anyone have a picture of a Hi Lo in T colour?

Cheers.
Matthew. 
Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 9:21pm
I think this may be the colour.

Fysshe
scrubber View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scrubber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 9:51pm
That looks like the colour!! Apparently it was "magic" on Barra here in FNQ as the spots were very similar to the spot markings on the cherabin or freshwater prawn! Thanks heaps.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic