LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures > Questions and Tips re carving your own fishing lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adding boyouncy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grooveyguru1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adding boyouncy
    Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 10:04am
Hey all. Made a 75mm lure out of some timber I had laying around, unsure what type. Anyway swims like a champ but is sinking even without hooks. I used an alloy bib that was too big but it was handy. Is there anyway of adding boyouncy it is it a case if that's how it is?
Cheers Chris
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 12:55pm
not worth the effort to get it to float sorry Chris ,you are better to fish it as a sinking lure and make future ones from a more bouyant timber.what timber did you use?

that's no how ye make porridge!
MadDogLures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 1:10pm
Try western red cedar mate.

DAVE
Life is fishing!
Grooveyguru1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grooveyguru1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 2:19pm
Yeah thought that would be the case. Was a bit of unknown timber I had laying about. Going to try some Tassie oak I picked up the other day and some lexan bibs. Cheers
OCD View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
OCD Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OCD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 3:32pm
Chris,
I am happy to give you a few different timbers to try and even a few bibs. I have sent you a PM.
Cheers,

Gavin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic