LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > International Lures > South American Fishing Lures > Brazilian Fishing Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Alexandre(Brasil) Lures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 7:01pm
Great looking lures Alexandre, beautiful colours and finish too--
I'm also a fan of a another lure maker over there called 'Kazan'. I know it's a big placeLaff but have you ever seen his work?

Thanks for posting and I'm looking forward to seeing your tutorial.

Your English is better then mine!!
Pete
ropes.basstard View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 8:53pm
Alexandre how do you land the really big Pacu? Even 3X hooks get the big bite before I can land them. Awesome fish!
Hi I'm Ropes and I'm addicted to fishing lures.
toadfrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toadfrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 9:34pm
That snake head reminds me of a fish we have here called a Gar except it does not have a skinny long snout with rows of teeth . They get 8 ft long of longer and are trash fish . Taste terrible.
You and I can make a positive difference in someones life every day if only for a moment.
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 11:17pm

ive heard they have snakeheads in plague proportions in Florida too.do your gar attack people

sometimes Toadfrog?
ropes.basstard View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 11:18pm
traíra = snakehead (English) = toman (SE Asia) I've been trying to catch one of these in Asia for years. They are so aggresive that they will jump out of the water to take a lure before it hits the water. The problem is that they can be like a freshwater mahi mahi and they jump like crazy, and they throw hooks very easily. Hence I've never landed one. I really want to catch a giant snakehead, very challenging to catch a good sized one.

I see shows from the USA that snakehead are now spreading through their rivers like wildfire. Apparently Asian people imported them for aquariums and they can be a real delicacy for them. Unfortunately, some knuckle head released them into their rivers and the Govt is trying to work out how to get rid of them and a weird (well to me) species of carp that jumps when spooked and hits people in their boats.
Hi I'm Ropes and I'm addicted to fishing lures.
toadfrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toadfrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 8:35am
The carp are here and boat motors seem to attract them . They are causing injuries to fishermen . They can hit you in the head like a canon ball if the boat is traveling fast . I hate carp but I hate these even more . If you want to keep a snake head on the line replace your normal hook with a circle hook.
You and I can make a positive difference in someones life every day if only for a moment.
alexandre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexandre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by AROBBO AROBBO wrote:

WOW those lures look so realistic, great Job mate and by the looks they do a good job catching a few fish!!
Cheers Aidan

Hello AROBBO!!
Thanks for posting here!Smile
Everytime I try to do my best when I make a new lure!!
And thanks you liked them too!!

God bless you!Tongue

alexandre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexandre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by puglee62 puglee62 wrote:

i agree with Aidan Alexandre,those are beautiful realistic looking lures you make,i think Brasil looks like a good place to fish too going by the fish pictures you put up.i think one of the pictures is of a
snakehead?,they get very big where you are

HI Puglee!
Yeah,you´re right!
And I didn´t know "traíra" is called snakehead and they are the same though!!
And,when someone catchs a big one(more than 3kg...) ,we call "trairão"!!!
Thanks for your post!Embarrassed
Like I use to say: Living and learning each more and more...

All the bestTongue
alexandre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexandre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by hazmail hazmail wrote:

Great looking lures Alexandre, beautiful colours and finish too--
I'm also a fan of a another lure maker over there called 'Kazan'. I know it's a big placeLaff but have you ever seen his work?

Thanks for posting and I'm looking forward to seeing your tutorial.

Your English is better then mine!!
Pete

HI Hazmail!!
Thanks for posting here too!
wow,of course I know Kazan,he´s a friend of mine,he´s a great lure maker !!
His job is great too !
Now,he´s a doctor and he just makes lures when he´s got free time!
And,no problems,I´m preparing some material to post here!!
God bless you!Tongue

alexandre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexandre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by ropes.basstard ropes.basstard wrote:

Alexandre how do you land the really big Pacu? Even 3X hooks get the big bite before I can land them. Awesome fish!

Hello Rope.Basstard!!!
yeah,this fish is a real good fighter really!
we got some places like a farm that you pay to enter and you can fish for free and the lakes are very small so it´s not too difficult to land them!But...In the nature it´s so diferent !!LOLLOL

God bless youTongue

alexandre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexandre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by toadfrog toadfrog wrote:

That snake head reminds me of a fish we have here called a Gar except it does not have a skinny long snout with rows of teeth . They get 8 ft long of longer and are trash fish . Taste terrible.

Well...The taste of traíra is goodLOL!!

toadfrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toadfrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 9:07pm
The Gar don't go out of there way to attack . But if you grab one or catch one on a line thay snap at anything near them.
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 9:09pm
A mean ole fish that grows big, smacks lures, attitude to match. Sounds like a lot of fun.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
HMBC View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HMBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2011 at 1:25am

Olá Alexandre, tens um trabalho espetacular aqui apresentado, tambem tenho a paixão pela construção de artificiais embora tenha começado apenas alguns meses, estou a preparar um trabalho para apresentar aqui no forum sobre a construção de uns poppers, já tinha visto o teu trabalho num forum brasileiro assim como o do Kazan e do Zuanon, espero vir a aprender muito contigo. Abraço

Hello Alexandre, you have a spectacular work presented here, i also have a passion for lure building although i´ve only started a few months ago, I am preparing to submit a job here in the forum about building poppers (my way), had seen your work in a forum Brazil as well as the Kazan and Zuanon I hope to learn a lot from you. hug

(I´ve written in portuguese because is our mother language (me and Alexandre) i´ll always translate the text to english to everyone in the forum can share their ideas and understand the subjet, i hope you don´t mind, if you prefer i´ll first in english and then in portuguese.)

hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2011 at 4:22pm
Welcome to the forum HMBC -
No problem with Portuguese post's here, I can read it, BUT would not have a clue what it means (without your translation)-  LOL   LOL

Please post up some pictures of your work.
Pete
alexandre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexandre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 3:10am
Yeah!!

I agree 100%!

All the bestEmbarrassed
alexandre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexandre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 3:23am
Hello HMBC!!
Thanks for posting here!!
Yeah,Zuanon,Kazan,Marcelo Ortega...They are incredible lures makers too!!
I´ll talk to them and see if they post their works here too!
By the way...Poppers are  cool!
Do you have any pictures to see them?

All the bestEmbarrassed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic