Forum Home Forum Home > International Lures > Antarctican Fishing Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Antarctican Lures?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Antarctican Lures?
    Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 6:51pm
While expanding the international section of LureLovers.com I have created seperate sections for the various continents, and will be adding additional countries and and regions where required.

I truly was undecided as to whether to include Antarctica... Confused

But then again there's water and there's fish - so maybe there are possibly lures that have been made there! If you know about any I'd love to hear about them!

Likewise please contact me if a section doesn't exist on LureLovers.com for any country with a history of making fishing lures, please let me know and I shall add it Thumbs Up

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
TasV View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 7:54pm
Wouldn't it come under Australian territories... if you are adding Antarctica... maybe Norfolk Island should be added too :) Maybe other Polynesian places too ;)
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 9:02pm
You could well be right Taz!

I had tried looking at it from several angles, and there seems more than a few traps with almost any means of grouping different countries due to political boundaries, geographical boundaries and goodness knows what else.

I had figured continents might be the simplest way, and I think in general that might be the case, although there are a possibly a few sensible exceptions and this might be one as you mentioned.

Australia and New Zealand should possibly be in the Oceania section, although if it does happen  it would be subject to sufficient interest being shown in the international sections. This change would not be made until at least the the next major upgrade of the LureLovers website happening in 2011, as there are other features I would like to add at the same time which will involve a period of design, development, and testing before going live on LureLovers.com

At the end of the day I feel the most important thing is to group related information in a way that makes it as simple as possible for members and guests to find whatever Fishing Lure info they are after - Any suggestions are most welcome! Smile

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic