LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > The Luremakers Shed
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

any good ???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ex Member.
Ex Member.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldtrev68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: any good ???
    Posted: 13 Mar 2012 at 11:15am
I am upgrading my right & left arms as the tools I use.I am looking at buying a scroll saw & a bench sander,scroll saw there are two a ROCKWELL $180 2 year warrantee...CARBATECK $140 3 year warrantee,,now the sander there was one a ROCKWELL $199 2 year warrantee,,what have you lure makers got on these are they worth it,are they any good or just plain old crap..all info is golden,,gary
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2012 at 11:53am
is the carbotech the one with the diegrinder dremel thingy? carbotech are usually not too bad.general rule of thumb is to buy the best you can afford. if your going to be cutting a lot of thicker timber say around the 45-50mm you might be better saving your doh and getting a bandsaw as the scrollsaws struggle with the thicker stuff.at least mine doesDeadLOL
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2012 at 1:01pm
Gary, I reckon the Carbatec will be the way to go. Rockwell has a long history in the US, but I am not sure how well the back up is here in Oz.
The rotary tool would be a useful additive as well.
If you can't afford the Carbotec sander/linisher yet (like me) maybe get by with a cheaper alternative like the Ryobi for a time (like me), till finances allow splurging on the better brands.

Brad
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic