Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > Forum Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Australian Lure Expo July 28 - 29 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by Aussbasstony Aussbasstony wrote:

Lure collectors whom are taking lures to the Expo,

I rang Brolly to find out who's taking what, I know I am displaying all my Mc feeters and some special lures of other makers to share .  But he has only been told about a few people. 

If anyone is considering taking Vintage collectables into the show it might be a good Idea to get in touch with Brolly and discuss space set aside in the tables booked for the Collectable lures. 

No use me or anyone for that matter doubling up on the need to drag along lures represented by another person. 

The main concern might just be available space. 

all the info is in the links and the contact persons to go with it. 

Cheers Tony  

Does anyone have any idea of what other collectables will be on show?
apart from what Mike, Brett,Tony and Barry have listed
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 10:16pm
Laurie, I am not sure what Brolly has on the books. I might get him to post up a list of displays by maker and displayer, That way we can keep double ups to a minimum and also provide those that might have 'gap fillers' the opportunity to help out.

Brad
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

Oldman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 10:23pm
Brad, that would be helpful (another job for Mike)LOL
There are a lot of "small" collections out there that would be worthy of display.
Laurie.
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2012 at 12:44am
Originally posted by Oldman Oldman wrote:

Does anyone have any idea of what other collectables will be on show?
apart from what Mike, Brett,Tony and Barry have listed

I've recently told Mike I'll bring some Old Man Lures along for the collectable display as I don't think I've seen them mentioned as yet.

I'll hopefully squeeze a few other interesting bits and bobs in the Lurelovers stand display as well Big smile
Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2012 at 8:37am
Tony...are you taking your Dempster Collection?
cheers steiny
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2012 at 10:32am
Originally posted by steiny steiny wrote:

Tony...are you taking your Dempster Collection?

Gday Steiny,

I'm happy to bring some along, although think I noticed somewhere earlier in the thread someone else is bringing some for the collectables display? (I didn't want to double up)

Cheers, Tony

saito View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 12:45pm
Just a suggestion

Would it be a good idea to maybe have a card/post-it advising that this stall or stand is a member from Lure Lovers?
Have only met a few users on this forum but would like to say hello to fellow members if i knew they were from the site.

Cheers

James
Cheers

James

~Love my Bass fishing~
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 1:04pm
ive got big lurelovers sticker that i'm going to put somewhere in our NOT made in china Stall ,our stall has myself ,Pete Rayner (Rayner Lures),Jason Nicholson(Nicho's Maulers) and Steve Mayhew(Oogs Lures).it'll be good to say g'day JamesThumbs Up
saito View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by puglee62 puglee62 wrote:

ive got big lurelovers sticker that i'm going to put somewhere in our NOT made in china Stall ,our stall has myself ,Pete Rayner (Rayner Lures),Jason Nicholson(Nicho's Maulers) and Steve Mayhew(Oogs Lures).it'll be good to say g'day JamesThumbs Up
Can't wait to meet up with you guys. Be prepared to take photos with me like a tourist LOL That goes for all the LL members i meet.
Booking my flights next week Big smile

Cheers

James
Cheers

James

~Love my Bass fishing~
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 1:43pm
That stall name is a cracker Chris LOL

Ollie is making up some more LureLovers stickers for us that should be ready before the expo, any members at the expo that would like a sticker please let me know at the event and I'll give you one Thumbs Up

Cheers, Tony

Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 5:53pm
LOOKING FORWARD TO THE WEEKEND.....Will be good to meet you james..and other members..I will pack my special wig for the photo shoot!Thumbs Up
Jas
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 6:16pm
heh heh,mebbe we should all wear wigsWinkLOL
oog663 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Oogs Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oog663 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 6:41pm
At least then I'd have hair LOLLOL

Cheers Steve
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 6:52pm
fishnets might be taking it a bit too far?.............. just a thought.

LOL

trevron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trevron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 6:53pm
hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by Nicho Nicho wrote:

fishnets might be taking it a bit too far?.............. just a thought.

LOL
Just packed mine------with my slinky, just shampooed black wig.
Pete
amdoubleu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amdoubleu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 10:13pm
Ah!!, standard winter garb for Canberra eh Pete? Beware the Queensland "Redneck" boys.

Regards, Alan
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 10:18pm
Alan.... dont encourage him......pete likes a challengeLOL
Jas

JD LURES View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

JD/Eddy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD LURES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 2:17pm
Looking forward to having a sticky at all the timber stuff when I get up there.
Hopefully I will have a run of the old style Eddy Dam Busters and Stingers with dolls eyes and metal bibs to take with me along with all the latest stuff.

JD

Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 8:47pm

Been having some discussion with Brolly re what lures will be on display at the Expo by LL members and others.

Here are the brands that we know of so far…in no particular order, some have been posted by the presenter already here.

Old Man Lures

Luremark

Rainbow Lures

Ridgeback Lures

Ambush Lures

Majic Lures

Fysshe Lures

Cedar Lures

Strike Zone lures

Hawkins Lures

Mal Florence lures

Gordon Fallon Kingfisher Lures

SK lures

Flicks Lures

pre 70's selection of metals, Propellors, Devons etc

Southam Lures

Sweetwater Lures - Brian Bowen

Newto's Lures

Stump Jumper Lures

Tappet Head Lures

Deception Lures

Lees Lures

Keith Boysey

JVN

George Dempster

Eric Moller

Damper Divers

Igor Zangrande

Maurie Brown

Ron Gallo

Leads Lures

Wild River Lures

BK Lures

JM Lures

Barra King Lures

Tinaroo Lures

Mal Coffey Lures

Bob Radlov

Munt

Tom Murray

C Lures

Norm Edwards

Peg Lures

Tenterfield Lures

Newell Lures

Mudeye Lures

RMG Lures

Blitz Baga Lures

Jabiru Lures

Brett Campbells

DownUnder

On another matter, that of how the lures should be displayed, whilst keeping them safe and also visible.

We both agree that the lures should be displayed in a secure manner, but allow the public to view them clearly and also minimise risk of loss or damage to either lure or the fingers stroking them.

As most booths are open, unless the booth holder gets the optional wall panels, the easiest way to display the lure will be in clear topped display boxes or  similar that are suitable to sit on a trestle table or similar. If you have opted for walls, then you could hang displays off them, keeping in mind that you can’t screw anything INTO the walls panels. A simple pair of brackets can be fashioned from aluminium flat to hang over the top of the wall panel.

As you would have seen, there are a few people coming from outside the area with their collections, and of course they can’t exactly pack a display case or two as well.

Mike and I are wondering if there is any members out there that may have suitable cases available, or even the facility to make something up without great expense for these visiting collectors to utilise.

Please contact Mike (Brolly) if you have any queries or can help with display boxes, and he can connect the parties as required.

"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

Aussbasstony View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 11:05pm
Below text from Fitzy's site,

Looks like I will be renewing my Monthly sub on the day Big smile

What is the Lure Tom Huh Big smile
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fishing Monthly Group are moving outside & will be bringing their Marquee along. That frees up one of the internal sites... there's only a couple of these left so get in quick in you're interested.

Also, Fishing Monthly will be selling subscriptions at the Expo, the first 80 subscriptions get a limited edition Tom Barratt hand carved lure with their subs. I know of a couple of folks who reckon they're going to camp at the front door to get their limited edition lure. 

er, better make that 79 cause I will be lining up as well.  :youbeauty

doccod View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
B.J.'s Spinnerbaits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doccod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2012 at 11:41am
Wink Look as though A effort on my behalf with my Bj's Custom Baits- Bass pro-staff member, Australian Bass Electric Tournament Angler Mr Dave "Kiwi" Trinder in tow will be there. At the moment we are also considering on bringing up our own Marquee and staging a question/answer worshop with dave on the outstanding qualities that goes into using custom crafted lures in tournament situations..... Also with custom made/combinations will be available..... come and see me and order your own custom coloured spinnerbait which I'll endeavour to constuct before you........... Also I plan to encompass my own lure display within my marquee with some interesting lures to converse about also come and see me for collectable timber lures as I'll have some for sale to interested persons........All in all Myself and team are now champing at the bit to come and gander,meet and greet,sell,swap lures,tall stories etc etc etc Regards B.J. 
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2012 at 6:49pm
hey hey good stuff BJ!Thumbs Up
ropes.basstard View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2012 at 10:09pm
Cry There is now not a frogs chance of surviving hell that I will be able to make the expo. So go on, go enjoy yourselves without me! Cry
Hi I'm Ropes and I'm addicted to fishing lures.
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2012 at 10:13pm
good stuff b.j be good to say gday mate.....

thats a shame ropes.........but we will have fun and keep you posted.

Jas

saito View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 1:48pm
Flights booked! Can't wait to meet some of you guys

James
Cheers

James

~Love my Bass fishing~
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 7:14pm
dresses and wigs are ironed ready to go saitoWink

nutter View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member

Nutterjuck Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 7:17pm
Im glad I turned down your swag offer nichoLOL
Nutterjuck Lures
Simple, done well

Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 7:20pm
LOL.....thanks for the laugh nutter

goldtrev68 View Drop Down
Ex Member.
Ex Member.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldtrev68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 7:20pm
NUTS now I know why you got the measure on your sleeve mate,,,the truth is out there,,,,,GARY
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 8:48pm
LOL

wrapper View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Wrapper Baits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 3:35pm
Hmmmm , what a crew turning up to this Expo !! OMG !! how can l stay away !! looks like l'll be loadin the jeep and headin up    cheers wrapper Wink
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 7:12pm
HOPE YOU MAKE THE TRIP WRAPPER....FLIGHTS ARE CHEAPWink

goldtrev68 View Drop Down
Ex Member.
Ex Member.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldtrev68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 8:00pm
Mate its going to be a CIRCUS no lions,no elephants,no tight rope walkers,,JUST DOZENS OF CLOWNS,,,GARY
Oldman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by goldtrev68 goldtrev68 wrote:

Mate its going to be a CIRCUS no lions,no elephants,no tight rope walkers,,JUST DOZENS OF CLOWNS,,,GARY

LOLLOLLOL

ClapClapClap
Clap
LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic