LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > Forum Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Australian Lure Expo July 28 - 29 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 8:26pm
Cry bummer, wish it was on in melbourne
saito View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by Nicho Nicho wrote:

HOPE YOU MAKE THE TRIP WRAPPER....FLIGHTS ARE CHEAPWink
That's what i saw on some of the flight sites and jumped on it straight away LOL
Cheers

James

~Love my Bass fishing~
wrapper View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Wrapper Baits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 9:25pm
boys boys boys , whats this flyn lol ? the only time wrapper has his feet of the ground is in his boat LOL now Jas l should be able to find you as you will be the one in a wig and of corse the fishnet Wink
jokes aside if l can swing it and make it up there  it would be great to put nanes to faces
                  cheers wrapper
oog663 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Oogs Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oog663 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2012 at 7:08pm

Neil it will be great if you can make it up. You would be made welcome any time Smile  be great to catch up.

Regards Steve 

Stephen Booth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephen Booth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 6:32pm
As an addition to Tony P's post:
Tom is doing some cracking lures for the show sub offer (any of our mags if you're travelling from interstate) and they look pretty special - not red and black mind you, even I couldn't swing that!

It's a first in best dressed type situation with all unsold lures being offered through the mags or facebook  after the show - again first in best dressed. If we get some lures pre-show I'll post up a pic.

Thanks to Tom at Gidgee and also Livo for their hard work getting this one up and running. We are bringing up the bosses F250 so no-one will miss us that's for sure61 and having an outside area, so no rain please.

Looking forward to seeing and meeting lots of mad, crazy and wonderful lure makers and lure collectors at the show.
Painted sticks with hooks sure, but they are oh soooo nice!
doccod View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
B.J.'s Spinnerbaits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doccod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2012 at 12:06pm
WinkUnfortunely Due to unforseen circumstances BJ's Custom Baits are now unable to attend this show......Personally I have some personal issues that needs my immediate attention and while I know that to personally miss attendence at this gathering is not too beneficial as to coverage and social networking involving my lure products plus missing those of you that are attending from this site I'm unfortunely resolved to taking little steps and tying up loose ends as I move forward towards my goal of having my product designs recognised and accepted by the general fishing community...........To those of you that are attending this event I sincerely hope you guys enjoy!!!!!.........regards B.J.Cry
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2012 at 12:33pm
bad luck b.j.....hopefully everything is ok, priorities mateThumbs Up......theres allways next year.
Jas
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2012 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by Nicho Nicho wrote:

bad luck b.j.....hopefully everything is ok, priorities mateThumbs Up......theres allways next year.
Jas

I'm with Jas, priorities come first B.J, and after all, we can always drop in on you instead,, I just scoped Wingham, can't see why I can't cruise past on my way up (OR down).
Pete
   'RAYNA' ---Free Range Lures
peterayn@yahoo.com.au
doccod View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
B.J.'s Spinnerbaits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doccod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 12:58pm
Wink Yeah boys you are all welcome to drop in any old time......I've only a 2bedroom flat with 2nd bedroom used as workshop but there is a lounge floor to camp on and for the wee ones a 2 seater lounge to crash out on.......the manning river isn't far for a castClap......With a sudden influx of people wanting money you know the power company, rego,insurance,living costs and now advertising costs plus trying to do a swiftcraft 15ft runabout in a custom based bass fishing platform format,constant supermarket spree in U.S.A. for componetry it just all adds up so some things just have to give and this show is one of them......I sincerely wish its a success for all those concerned as I'd like to think about "Next Year" myself with attendence until then takecare.........B.J.
darcymenchin View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Mencho Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darcymenchin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 5:19pm
Hi all,
Just a short question,how far from Brisbane airport is Fernvale  ,would a taxi or a hire car be a more appropriate way to get to venue from airport ,
Regards Darcy (Mencho Lures )

rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 5:45pm
a taxi would be out of the question darcy.fernvale would be close to 80k's from the airport. pm me with your timetable......mick
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 6:35pm
yeah darcy......either an organised lift or a hire car.....pm also your details..... im camping there fri/sat night leaving sunday arvo late....pm if you need a swag.
Jas
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
darcymenchin View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Mencho Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darcymenchin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 7:01pm
Hi Nicho and Mick
If I come up it will be on the Saturday and going home saturday night  Jayden and maybe Maurie Marsden will also be with me so no need for a swag thanks ,when things are set in concrete I will send you a pm and let you know the details ..
Regards Darcy.

lure crazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lure crazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 9:42pm
Bloody wish I could go and have a look! Stevens been trying to convince me to go too! The Missus is a nazzi! Won't let me go, had a few "little" arguments about it, hahaha. bloody women!
fletch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Kuttafurra Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 10:34pm
I see my name is in the mag ... But no lures or selling for me .... Hope to buy afew from members though ..... Cheers Aaron
Callop Catcher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Callop Catcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 10:43pm
Come on Lure Crazy
there is still timeBig smile

.... softLOL
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2012 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by doccod doccod wrote:

WinkUnfortunely Due to unforseen circumstances BJ's Custom Baits are now unable to attend this show......Personally I have some personal issues that needs my immediate attention and while I know that to personally miss attendence at this gathering is not too beneficial as to coverage and social networking involving my lure products plus missing those of you that are attending from this site I'm unfortunely resolved to taking little steps and tying up loose ends as I move forward towards my goal of having my product designs recognised and accepted by the general fishing community...........To those of you that are attending this event I sincerely hope you guys enjoy!!!!!.........regards B.J.Cry
thats a shame Brian you'll be missed
mate,maybe next year eh?.
doccod View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
B.J.'s Spinnerbaits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doccod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2012 at 4:00pm
WinkChris yes mate hopefully there is next year?????.......I'am sending up brolly and cranky my bellbrooks or a small percentage of them for the Southam Display as I've been recently advised that I would have one of the most complete collections of this genre of lures in Australia today........Also I believe Cranky is also organising a small display of my products which will consist of only a small sample of whats available from the Bj's Custom Baits Stable..... Please remember though unlike opposing spinnerbait companies which I note there seems to be a few in attendence my products are proven in both SALT water as well as FRESH water meaning that the same 1/4 ounce designed flash bait spinnerbait works on bream,bass,flathead,estuary perch,yellowbelly,cod,jew just to name a few so far with the species list growing outing by outing..........Economics is the simple silent killer of good times........B.J.
Aussbasstony View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 9:11am
Wow I bought the QFM yesterday and the write up is fantastic. 

Looks like and hope it turns out to be a huge success.  Some of you local guys have been given a great write up by the QFM guys and rightly so. 
Keen to see Tom's one off lure for the Expo and The Deception stable got some great coverage . 

Only a few more weeks and bring your Woollen Beanies I reckon. 

Cheers Tony 
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 9:58am
Woollen beanies! I'll have on a Survival suit! LOL
Seaweed.
"Always Merry and Bright"
hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 7:31pm
"Wollen beanies"!!- you guys just don't know what it's like----midday with polar fleece jumper, fingerless gloves and a pair of snow boarding pants on, trying to finish coat a batch or lures, creeping around looking for a ray of sunlight to heat the epoxy, so you can get it out of the bottleCry  Cry.

Knew I should have moved North.
Pete
peterayn@yahoo.com.au
Tincan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tincan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 7:41pm
Reckon you will be wearing broad shorts and floral shirt at the expo Pete after your cold winter ?

Tincan
You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.
saito View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 8:01pm
With all this talk I think I'll rock up in my snowboard gear heheh
Cheers

James

~Love my Bass fishing~
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 9:12pm
in south east Queensland winter time is the best time of year ,well usually the best......
SNAFU View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
RIPP-N LURES

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNAFU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 7:42am
Originally posted by hazmail hazmail wrote:

"Wollen beanies"!!- you guys just don't know what it's like----midday with polar fleece jumper, fingerless gloves and a pair of snow boarding pants on, trying to finish coat a batch or lures, creeping around looking for a ray of sunlight to heat the epoxy, so you can get it out of the bottleCry  Cry.

Knew I should have moved North.
Pete

I'm hearing ya pete,i've even been hanging my lures in the sun (when it's been out) before painting and clearing to help warm the timber even Big smile...even at RAVA's place last week gary was spraying outside under his cover and hanging them inside in the warm house to dry...we haven't had this cold a winter for a few years...bring on spring Wink

Mick!!!
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 8:43am
The advertising is working and definitely word of mouth, everyone is talking about it. I had two customers yesterday from Gunnedah making their arrangements for a trip to include a wedding at Inverell and fishing at Glenlyon Dam and working their way to expo and then travelling north. He was not a collector just wants to use them. Pat Lollback will be attending and also John Geihe Tenterfield. I spoke to Maurie Marsden yesterday and he reckons he'll have to stand on a chair to see me in the crowd. It's going to be a huse sucess for Gary Fitz.
Lefty View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lefty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 8:22pm
yep thinking I will head up and have a look around...hope to meet a few people there.

Cheers Jas
nutter View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member

Nutterjuck Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 11:37pm
Was thinking the same handbrake. May be take the inland road and fish a few spots as my stop, revive surive. Could be a problem as I may lose to many lures and show up with none.
Nutterjuck Lures
Simple, done well

nutter View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member

Nutterjuck Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 2:18pm
Things are starting to move here.

They are already starting to line up.

Nutterjuck Lures
Simple, done well

amdoubleu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amdoubleu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 9:33pm
Justa thought, maybe all us LL's (apart from those with displays etc.) should pick a central point to meet and intro' each other????
saito View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by amdoubleu amdoubleu wrote:

Justa thought, maybe all us LL's (apart from those with displays etc.) should pick a central point to meet and intro' each other????
That would be a great idea!
Although on the first day i will be there with my girlfriend, but also planning on going again the second day so meeting at a central point would be great.

Maybe at the Lure Lovers stall/stand (11)??

@nutter - Your lures are looking great mate, will be picking some off ya at the expo. Have always wanted some of yours since seeing them on the scene on another site. Can't wait LOL
Cheers

James

~Love my Bass fishing~
hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by nutter nutter wrote:

Things are starting to move here.

They are already starting to line up.

Looking good Nutter--the picture made me flinch a bit, looks like something out of Lord of The Flies coming to get me, and I'm sober.
Pete
peterayn@yahoo.com.au
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 10:35pm
"Just a thought, maybe all us LL's (apart from those with displays etc.) should pick a central point to meet and intro' each other????"
Apart from meeting at the LL stand at an appointed time, and to let those members exhibiting etc...
An ideal point might be at the end of day 1, seeing the expo closes at 3.00pm, there is a couple of hours to kill before dinner.......Ermm just a thought
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

Oldman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 10:44pm
Sounds VERY dangerous Brad...
You bring the teapot, and I will bring the milk.Big smile
Laurie.
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 10:56pm
Qld milk Laurie????   Wink
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic