Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > Forum Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Australian Lure Expo July 28 - 29 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2012 at 10:15am
G'day All, just thought you may like to know, in the latest edition of NAFA'S Barra, Bass & Bream, there's an article on the Expo by Warren Steptoe. Caught-up for a chat myself on the Sat., hadn't seen him for 25yrs. when he was fishing on the South Alligator R. with Alex Julius. He remembered the trip, had a laugh when I commented, see you in another 25 LOL,
Seaweed.
"Always Merry and Bright"
Luc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2012 at 9:49am
Visited the expo on the Sunday and also managed to catch up with I hadn't see for a few years!!

Looking forwards to the next one.  Any dates for it as yet?
Lefty View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lefty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 6:21am
Hi luc

I was wondering the same thing any dates or venues for expo 2013
Brolly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by Luc Luc wrote:

Visited the expo on the Sunday and also managed to catch up with I hadn't see for a few years!!

Looking forwards to the next one.  Any dates for it as yet?
Guys the 2013 Lure Expo has been locked in and will be on June 8th & 9th at the the same venue as last year. Mike(Brolly)
FISHING JUSTS GETS IN THE WAY OF MY LURE COLLECTING
CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 3:07pm
Hopefully see you there
The Journey is the Reward

rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 6:40pm
thats going to be one crowded venue. after last years response,there will be twice as many people. sardine city....mick..ps but i'll be there
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 6:44pm
dates in the diary......she will be squashy in there but all adds to the atmosphere.......looking forward to it, and visiting the pub againThumbs Up
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
Brolly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by rodsncods rodsncods wrote:

thats going to be one crowded venue. after last years response,there will be twice as many people. sardine city....mick..ps but i'll be there
Mick,plans are in place to reshuffle and lessen the sites marginally inside to free up a bit more room hopefully as well as make more use of the outside sites under the awnings and hopefully you are right in that it will be so well supported with an even bigger attendance than last year. Mike(Brolly)
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 8:11pm
Mike isnt there room on the grounds for marquis as well?,could be an option
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 8:16pm
Guys, Gary has come up with some side panels that are 1.8 mt long so the aisles will grow by 1.2mt which should alleviate some of the cattle crush problem, and if the front of the stalls could be moved back a bit inside the stand, that will allow customers to stand a little out of the traffic, and maybe they will spend more time buying/viewing/bartering ???

Just a hint from an old retailer Wink

"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

Brolly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by puglee62 puglee62 wrote:

Yes Chris, that's and option that will be utilised if there enough stall holders to warrant it. Mike(Brolly)
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 8:33pm
good ideaThumbs Up
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 8:32am
Couldn't the overflow be accommodated in that large indoor complex opposite? Didn't stick my head in, but figure it's an indoor basketball court. If Ferndale are serious to retain the Expo, something should be able to be arranged indoors. What if the weather turns nasty? Happens quite a bit in this region. Cold, wet, windy in June, don't like the sound of outdoor areas when no need.
Seaweed.
Brolly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 9:52am
Originally posted by Capt.Seaweed Capt.Seaweed wrote:

Couldn't the overflow be accommodated in that large indoor complex opposite? Didn't stick my head in, but figure it's an indoor basketball court. If Ferndale are serious to retain the Expo, something should be able to be arranged indoors. What if the weather turns nasty? Happens quite a bit in this region. Cold, wet, windy in June, don't like the sound of outdoor areas when no need.
Seaweed.
Tony,first up there was the potential for quite a few under cover sites that weren't taken up (under the full length of the front awning) of the building last year as well as previously mentioned the option to hire and erect very large marquees if needed directly at the rear of the building.As for the large indoor sporting complex across the car park,it is permently leased from the council with sporting fixtures scheduled for most weekends and even if part of that building was available to lease for the Expo weekend it is my understanding that given the additional cost to lease an adequate part of that complex for the Lure Expo, there would need to be well in excess of double the stall holders as well as up to double the paying public through the door to make it fianancially viable.However that said if enough people support the 2013 Lure Expo i would think a shift to a larger venue immanent.So lets all get behind this years Expo and make it even bigger and better than last year. Mike(Brolly)
bdowdy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bdowdy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 7:56pm
booked in today and keen for june now
hunting and fishing the new england
CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 6:43am
Ok fellas here is your chance to cement the Expo into history.As Brolly said it is in the same venue for good reason and if the support is there then follow up years will only be bigger and better.This year is definately the Litmus test for the future so lets get behind it and show that last year was not just a flash in the pan.
The Journey is the Reward

saito View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 8:30am
Definitely flying up again.
Hope to see some of you guys again and meeting some new people.

Cheers

James

~Love my Bass fishing~
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 9:12am
Hoping to make this one.
Jono View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 5:23pm
Sorry guy's you will have to have a hangover for me and Gav, cannot get out of work this year for these dates, Hopefully few can come up and have a fish with us some time this year.
                                                     Cheers JonoCry
HJ Timber Lures
Sweetwater View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweetwater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by rodsncods rodsncods wrote:

Am reworking the floor plan, the aisles should be 1200mm wider Wink 
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweetwater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by puglee62 puglee62 wrote:

Yes there is, and might be used if there's enough demand for it. Big smile 
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweetwater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by Capt.Seaweed Capt.Seaweed wrote:

Seaweed.
It's an option. Being privately owned building it will cost $5000 a day so it's an expensive option. Don't know how that would be paid for....  Ouch
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweetwater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 8:54pm
Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the double up replies, I just looked at un-read replies and didn't see that Brolly & Darby had covered most of it.

Website is currently being updated for 2013. check at www.lureshow.com.au for updates

Cheers all,

Fitzy..
wahootim View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wahootim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 9:17pm
Hi guys can we start a new topic [i tried to but wouldn't let me] for 2013 lure expo as i missed the eariler info/posts on this topic cause it was dated 2012 as the topic EmbarrassedEmbarrassed, others may have missed this too.
p.s should be able to make this oneBig smile. Tim
Toppy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 9:40pm
Count me in guys!! Happy to chip in some $$ towards a site or share site Fitzy if that helps. Can't wait to catch up with all you lure lovers again!!
"lures are for fishing with" Apparently!
rally44 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Lee's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rally44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 10:08pm
Hi All, I`ll be making a real big effort to drive down and display my wares. Looking forward to meeting lots of you.What other NQ residents are going?? Think i`ll have to find some winter clothes!!. Cheers Richard.
Dads in the shed making saw-dust again.
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 11:28pm
richard i found that last year,  at the local pub with jono and gav and the mottley crew, that i dont remember it being cold.....but then again i dont remember much of that evening....i still get flashbacks occassionally and shake my head.
Jas
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
seagull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seagull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 11:58pm
Nicho do you remember pole dancing with the 1 of the locals? LOLLOL That was a classic effort!

Cheerz Errol
saito View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 7:32am
Originally posted by Nicho Nicho wrote:

richard i found that last year,  at the local pub with jono and gav and the mottley crew, that i dont remember it being cold.....but then again i dont remember much of that evening....i still get flashbacks occassionally and shake my head.
Jas
HAHAHAHA must of been a hell of a night Jas? lol LOL
Cheers

James

~Love my Bass fishing~
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 9:32am
Stay clear of Ian the publican LOL, he came looking for me again first thing Sunday morning. If I come this year I'm hiding. Great bloke, great town, thanks Gary. 
Seaweed.
Davent View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 10:03am
Think ill make it this year, but only because its sounds like a good pub down the track.
Where can i find details for stall holders please?
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 8:04pm
Good idea to have the expo on a long weekend for other states except Qld. It will give visitors and luremakers one more day to get home. There won't be such a rush for interstate travellers. Gary Fitz is hoping to get a lot more luremakers from down south this year to bring up their wares and join in the celebration of Australian Luremaking. Debbie Dare.
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by Sweetwater Sweetwater wrote:

Website is currently being updated for 2013. check at www.lureshow.com.au for updates

G'day Fitzy

Looking forward to lureshow 2013, thanks again for organising this event.

Please let me know when the website update is finished and I'll add a new announcement here for this years show. Thumbs Up

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
codzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote codzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2013 at 10:02pm
I will call ya mate '!
To find out about costs and details .
I may be interested in a stand !
Or pairing up with someone who has already got one !
Cheers Rick
Real pain !!!

Always has a pair of trebles

Attached .......
Strangalures View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangalures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2013 at 10:48pm

Hi Tony I looked at the link thank and on the RHS 2nd down it says lure making gear again who sells the bibs for the jitterbugs ?

Is it anyone in Aus ?

Thanks Rick 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
  Share Topic