LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > Knols
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Baby Knolls Prototypes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner Member
Beginner Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snapper King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Baby Knolls Prototypes
    Posted: 29 Dec 2013 at 9:50pm
Hi All, When Peter Knoll was selling through tackle stores, I was given two tiny Knolls Natives to test out. They are about 25mm in length. I never saw any on the shelves and am wondering if they are rare and what they might be worth!
Thanks for your time
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2013 at 10:08pm
They are rarish, but I have seen a few around over the years..from memory they were averaging about $20-25 ea, most of them were in multiple size sets so hard to figure on which particular model the buyer was after.
All you can do if you want to sell them is put them up in the classifieds, and see who really wants them.
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

fletch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Kuttafurra Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2013 at 11:09pm
Can I see a photo of one so can confirm one I have here ... Thanks Aaron
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2013 at 11:24pm
Aaron, They look the same as the Native 50, just 1/2 the size. Deep and Shallow versions
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

Mal Vader View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2013 at 11:41pm
I only have 1 Knolls, but would love to expand that into a collection.

DARK LORD
In Space, no-one can hear you SCREAM!
saito View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2013 at 6:16am
Darby I also have quite a few of Johns prototypes and custom colours that came straight from his own Tacklebox.
I will have to take photos when I get home.

Also got one that supposedly win him some mulwala comp?

Cheers

James

~Love my Bass fishing~
Bigriver View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Kneller Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2013 at 7:21am
Originally posted by saito saito wrote:

Darby I also have quite a few of Johns prototypes and custom colours that came straight from his own Tacklebox.

I do remember John winning a Mulwala Comp, I think it was the Mulwala Classic held around the end of April, early May?
saito View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2013 at 11:37am
Originally posted by Bigriver Bigriver wrote:

Originally posted by saito saito wrote:

I do remember John winning a Mulwala Comp, I think it was the Mulwala Classic held around the end of April, early May?

Not sure of the date Paul, but when he handed it to me he said "Thus is the lure that won me the mulwala comp when nothing worked".

I will take photos when I get home from QLD.
Cheers

James

~Love my Bass fishing~
Burleigh View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Burleigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2015 at 12:07am
Well, I used to have a couple. Bought them on the Gold Coast and used them on bass in the 90s. I lost my last one last week when my line wrapped around the tip and the lure flew like a bullet, through  overhanging shrubbery into long grass on the bank. I have scratched around for about an hour trying to find that little bugger with no success. But I have not given up. Going to take some hedge clippers and cut the grass back.
 I really want it back.But I think I will retire it along with its big brother. Any got one to sell.  Cheers   DocAngry
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic