LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Barra King
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Barra King?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strawny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Barra King?
    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 10:11am
Hey all I have come across a few lures and worked out what most of them all were but this one I haven't confirmed and was hoping for some help. I was pretty sure it's a Barra King likely to be a HH from the nose shape but I have not found any others that appear to have this yellow strip on each side. The others I have seen that are similar usually look to just have the belly painted.

Cheers
Strawny
scotch&dry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotch&dry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 2:23pm
Hi strawny mate it does look like a hall Barraking I don’t know about the colour but I have some of the later Ron Dau Barrakings and they have a different finish altogether kind of like a dimple finish cheers Ed
Ed.McC
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 8:11pm
I'm certain that is a Henry Hall mate, and a nice one too.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Strawny View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strawny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 9:25pm
Cheers guys. Good feedback. Would be nice to find out some more about this colour scheme being as it is compared to a lot of others but I'm sure that will be harder info to gather
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 12:51pm
A nice early HH BarraKing from around 1981/2, you can tell by the extra gill stripe. This is right after his earlier round bibbed models, looks to be mint never swum. Henry often did custom colours on request.
Seaweed.
"Always Merry and Bright"
Strawny View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strawny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 11:35pm
Cheers for that info seaweed. Yeah it is in mint condition. Has a couple of small defects but quite minor. A nice start to a lure collection.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic