LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > Fishing with Lures > Favourite Lure by species
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bass on surface,which colour ????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 8:21pm
You won't go wrong with those colours Scott. Very similar to the shades on the most popular Sugoi Splash II's.

Brad
Puglee asked "i wonder how a luminous bellied lure would go on a moonless night?"
Scum Frog have a luminous pattern and it has a black painted frog under the belly

Brad

"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 8:03pm
Like 'Nicho' I used to cast for (very slowly) Trout on the surface with pure BLACK  lures  at night, full moon or no moon, it was dynamite, and very spooky- a lot of the biggens seemed to patrol the banks at night --- too old / too cold now, I haven't done it for years.
Pete
   'RAYNA' ---Free Range Lures
peterayn@yahoo.com.au
wahootim View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wahootim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 8:53pm
My 2 bobs worth its a silloette thing if thats how you spell itLOL ill use Black, black or black and if i haven't got black ill use Black. Tim
flea View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 3:25pm
I personally am not fussed what colour i use on the surface. I prefer to consentrate on techneque and the action on the surface, although a darker lure will give of more silloette ( however you spell it ) but im tending to be on the side of the fence where fish will take of the surface cause of correct disturbance and not colour!

Just my 2 cents Wink
Montah Steel View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member
Hobbled Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Montah Steel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 9:39am
Originally posted by bushwacker bushwacker wrote:

The action is just as important if not more than the colour. tiny torpeedo's it doesnt matter a dam what colour and jitterbugs its black all the way
agreed, colour makes no difference at all for bass. i have bass in a 6ft fish tank at home and have tried lots of colours on them. 

its the action that gets their attention. good action = guaranteed bass.

heres a blue and pink one just to prove my point, works just as well as my green and nudes etc..

bluey View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 8:11pm
Woohoo , cheers montah, you took your camera
come on lads no other pics???? where is all the bass on black??????

regards George
scottocs View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottocs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 9:35pm
Bit of an update

the second lot of colours are done

also had these bent style minnows made while I was at it

only been testing them for a short while but here are a few of the captures.

had the front trebs firmly embedded in my thumb in this shot Dead

cheers

Mal Vader View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 6:19pm
A little point, not explained above, is CONFIDENCE!
If you don't trust what you use, It will rarely work for you.
I have used a Carrott,,,,,YES A CARROTT!!! complete with bib, wire bridle and hooks.
2 landed, 25 and 27cm. 1 BIG MISS. Shocked
Funny, none wore glasses. LOL
Bass eat Shrimp. Can't tell you how they can find them, they're hard to see.
Shrimp have NO colour.
In lower light(dark), my single, only success was on a Jointed Jitterbug, Brown/Copper/Yellow.
Surface ACTION, Bloops, Pops, Rolls, Sways, Shimmys and my favourite, Shudder, all seem to attract attention.
Deep Purple, for me, is best in low light, dawn/dusk/heavy cloud.
White, as mentioned above, also works.
Conditions dictate feed. Imitate food, your mostly there. 
DARK LORD
In Space, no-one can hear you SCREAM!
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2012 at 4:12pm
BLUEWink
nutter View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member

Nutterjuck Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 4:34pm
Black, 
One from last night with a bar at 1002hpa

Nutterjuck Lures
Simple, done well

nutter View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member

Nutterjuck Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 4:53pm

Nutterjuck Lures
Simple, done well

nutter View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member

Nutterjuck Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 4:54pm
Why would I want any other colour
Nutterjuck Lures
Simple, done well

Strangalures View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangalures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 6:56pm
Nice fish Scott Clap

I love surface fishing and have never tried it at night yet. any better for results ?? (appart from that pic I mean)

Top stuff - Rick
Fish Choking Lures :)
nutter View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member

Nutterjuck Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 7:03pm
In my eyes, 
its the only time to fish for them. 
Nutterjuck Lures
Simple, done well

hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 8:09pm
SCOTT, how big is that sucker??? Did you kiss it before you released it??
Never seen a 'wild bass' that big down here, come to think of it, never seen a Bass that big 'UP there' either..
As they say, "Once you go black, you never go back"   Broken Heart .
Pete
   'RAYNA' ---Free Range Lures
peterayn@yahoo.com.au
nutter View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member

Nutterjuck Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 5:55am
Thanks Pete 
BTW these are wild south coast NSW fish
Nutterjuck Lures
Simple, done well

muckawa View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muckawa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2012 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by doccod doccod wrote:

WinkJust saw this post and am grinning like a chesire cat.......My answer is quite simply depending on what time of the year/season it is, As Mr walker knows white when it is cabbage moth time,cicadas either green/black,mouse plagues greys and browns or maybe its just none of these and maybe its just commotion,pause.................commotion..............pause..............................comm(Boom)otionClapClapClap.......regards B.J.
off bass a little bit
i was talking too the bloke at the burrendong fishing classic presentation who won the biggest yellow prize , i came fifth but got third cause the other competitors   left early , any way he said that he caught six better then mine but his biggest was the first he weighted , and he didn't want to take all the prizes,he won with 237 redfin and caught two cod, thirty carp.
getting to the point ,he said there was a mouse plague down the Macquarie river at the same time as those big bardie moths game out of the ground after rain,he said he caught 137 fish one night using gray surface walkers.
.well he had the fish on the record at the comp ,so he caught 237+2+32+30 at the comp

muckawa View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muckawa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2012 at 8:26pm
i think he said 15 catfish and three silver perch
td pullen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote td pullen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2013 at 12:52am
tp  from grafton   bass  fishing like the other said   black is the best     best bass  surface lure  I have seen in last  10 years is  a viva  dongurri mouse    in  black    a re  invented crazy crawler     they  turned a good lure into a great one     I am a timber  man myself     but they are good
Tony P
feralbass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote feralbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2013 at 8:38am
For dark nights I use black, sometimes with a small chem light stuck to its back (the can not see the light but I can)
During the day when the cicadas are on, black or metalic green or metalic brown with gold glitter sprinkled on all over, whites for moon lit nights, frog patterns when you here the frogs croaking (brown / orange in this area), end of summer when the mice are on big greys, grass hopper time here is brown and greens, purple when the purple flowers along the river are in bloom (bass eat the flowers), and whatever butterflies are around I will try to match.
I think color comes into play during the day, I like my surface lures to "stand up" at rest with the back hooks down, this shows the colours of and exposes the rear hooks better.

Work hard, party hard
Bradley818 View Drop Down
Beginner Member
Beginner Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradley818 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2014 at 9:51am
My favorite bass lure is a black scum frog by far!Smile
willing to trade lures and i would love t;o here what your favorite lures are. or what lure work best for you
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic