LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > International Lures > North American Fishing Lures > USA Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bill Norman - Holographic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chep Buxley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bill Norman - Holographic
    Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 11:15am
This is a small Bill Norman I bought in the late 80's (?). The best word I can think of to describe it is holographic. As you move the lure the colours inside change like a rainbow. (I had a ruler at primary school that did the same thing). I caught some nice Spangled Perch on it. I wonder if anyone does something similar these days?
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 12:10pm
G'day mate I've seen holographic inserts in quite a few lures.  Including in soft plastics.
Off the top of my head I can say definitely have some yo-zuri lures that have holographic tape inside a clear plastic body.  I'm sure I've seen others with similar.
I actually found it annoying in soft plastics when I used them - especially if I am trying to rig them weedless/on a worm hook.  They seem to make it difficult to get things sitting true.
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 1:44pm
A very cool lure, I used to fish a lot of Bill Normans in this shape for bass but I haven't seen this one before. That holographic would be great in a barra and flathead lure.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic