Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > SA Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bits and Pieces

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Bill Jackson Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bilge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bits and Pieces
    Posted: 05 May 2012 at 2:50pm
Havent posted any lures for a while for a number of reasons but I have been slowly making a few new lures some are totally new others I havent made for a long time. I have been on a strict timeline as next week I am having a full shoulder replacement which will ground me for a while. 6-8 weeks I am told depending on success, so I had to finish some lures for my family to take on a 3 month trip to NT & WA.
I have attached photos below.

Billj

The older I get the more I learn.
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 3:41pm
looking good bill...like the surface lures.
Jas
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 5:18pm
Nice BJ, they all look good. Like the bottom 3 Thumbs Up
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
simon bruce View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 5:29pm
Good looking lures Bil

Good luck with the shoulder

Simon
the fish aren't art critics
goldtrev68 View Drop Down
Ex Member.
Ex Member.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldtrev68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 6:16pm
SWEET lures there mate,,,hope you go well with the shoulder relacement,,just make sure that they replace it with another shoulder,the last thing you want is another bloody leg,,Gary
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 8:51pm
hope that shoulder operation goes well for you Bill,we will be expecting to see twice as many lures from you after you heal upWink.these are little beauties i really like your stick baitsThumbs Up
mdlures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
MD Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdlures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 11:24am
Nice looking lures Bill, love that green / silver one under the barra blue Wink surface walkers look deadly

cheers
Mark
MDlures
traditional hand carved fishing lures
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 11:06am
Great looking bunch Bill, hope you get over the op soon. Don't forget to look me up next your in Darwin.
Regards, Seaweed.
"Always Merry and Bright"
Red Hunter View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Red Hunter Fishing Rods

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 5:50am
Very nice bunch of lures there Bill , but I really like the look and shape of the big poppers . Thumbs Up
SNAFU View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
RIPP-N LURES

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNAFU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 6:45am
A very nice lot of different lures there bill...well done mate...good luck on the shoulder op...

Mick!!!
barneyminno View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Deep River Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barneyminno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 8:29am
Beautiful selection of lures Bill. Nice workWink
Hope the shoulder op goes well. 
Regards,
Barney.
fletch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Kuttafurra Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 2:02am
awesomne looking lures mate ..hope all goes well with shoulder ... had my left one done 4 years ago and the more i drank the faster it healed as i moved it more while tanked ...........cheers aaron
ando 1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ando 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 12:12pm
beautiful lures there, they'll work a treat for sure.
do you lathe your surface lures or are they handcarved???
nathan.
bilge View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Bill Jackson Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bilge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 8:35pm
The surface lures are done mainly in a lathe except for the mouth of the poppers which are done with a rotary burr in a hand held high speed like a Dremmel. The others are finally shaped by hand with a small hand plane, sanding sticks, and paper. I had a wood lathe given to me and I have no experience so its a bit of suck it and see.
Billj
The older I get the more I learn.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic