LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Fishing > Messing around in Boats
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

boat project for someone?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: boat project for someone?
    Posted: 11 Oct 2014 at 12:28pm
i have a 4mt sea-jay that i have had since new, 1998. as much as i don't want to, i'm replacing the hull. it has what i've been told electrolusus. from the transom to about the rear seat , on the floor is small spots of corrosion??? a mate has welded about eight or ten small pin sized holes, but by the look of it there will be more. it's not from sinkers or hooks or swivells, but from what i've been told by someone in the know, electric current from my battery set-up and motor earth points over a long period of time. the rest of the boat is still good and solid, bow rails, floor between seats, nav lights. to someone who is handy welding alloy and has the time, it would be a worthwhile project.if anyone is interested, pm me and i'll give you call.....mick
BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!!!
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 10:44am
went and put a deposit on a 4.29 stacer proline yesterday. get it in a couple of months, then the change over will happen. sad to see the old sea-jay go, it has been a great boat and has seen a few fish hit the deck. as said before, nothing wrong with the rest of the hull, just the holes at the rear that need welding. i'm getting the dealer to put my motor onto the new boat, so if anyone is interested, whatever it costs me for the motor changeover, you can have the sea-jay for......mick
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 10:50am
rum-mad68 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rum-mad68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2015 at 4:38pm
Hi Mick
Just wondering how everything going with the new boat .have you got it yet or still waiting on it

Cheers mal
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2015 at 5:28pm
i rang them the other day, said maybe middle of jan. another week or so mal. then i've got my work to do on it and then get the mate to change the motor over. after 35 years in the business my marine dealer shut up shop. his son works for yamaha as a advisory technician now but assures me he will do the job for me. hope your not in a hurry, it's going to take a bit longer than i thought.......mick
rum-mad68 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rum-mad68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2015 at 7:38pm
No probs when your ready
cheers
Mal
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 6:19pm
well, she's gone. mal(rum-mad68)picked her up this afternoon. going to a good home, bit of a fix up and it'll be on the water again......mick
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2015 at 5:28pm
well, out with the old , in with the new. all ready to go, might go monday and break her in with a bucket of banana prawns, jew are starting to show up as well, now until september. will also do a run out to the dam next week.......mick
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2015 at 5:37pm
Nice set up mick
my quintex has same problem in same place as yours, past few years I just put a few smears of silsatic over the pin holes, lasts for months.....my battery was always in a battery box with a square of rubber between that and the ally floor, but the dealers claim it happens all the time, I suggested maybe their boats should come with a pre made battery stand, id of thought the box was enough to protect it.
I reckon its possible that the materials they use when building are inferior.
hope you christen the new rig with a cracka session mate.
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2015 at 5:59pm
i hope to do just that jas, what are you doing next week?.....mick
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2015 at 6:22pm
Heading to south west rocks for holiday mate....taking my leaky boat.

lead lure View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lead lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2015 at 6:47pm
Mick the boat looks good hope it brings you many hours of enjoyment.
Cheers Graeme
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 11:42am
Originally posted by Nicho Nicho wrote:

Nice set up mick
I suggested maybe their boats should come with a pre made battery stand, .
don't know why they don't do this in the smaller models Jas,my 4.88 sea breeze had an elevated battery stand.might be worthwhile for new buyers (Mick?)to have a fabricator make one up and weld it in
that's no how ye make porridge!
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 11:43am
that's a nice looking boat btw Mick,seems a shame to make it all stinky from big Cod and big Jew
that's no how ye make porridge!
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 4:04pm
busted my guts to get this you-beaut nema board for the floor of the boat. was led to believe it is the bees knees. took the boat out of the shed today and noticed the carpet sticking up in a couple of places, lifted the carpet and the floor is like the ocean, waves all around the edges. screwed to specs. pissed off.......mick
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 5:44pm
Thats annoying mick......that shouldnt happen, maybe the glue was not a good quality?

was in bcf today they have cheap tinnies for sale...at the rear are 2 raised battery trays with ply bottom...yet the big names dont do this....

rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 5:26pm
went out for the first run in the new boat today. scoots along fine, no fish but half a bucket of prawns. heard of a couple of twenty pound jew being caught, so that will be the next adventure.....mick
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic