LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > Fishing with Lures > Favourite Lure by species
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Breaky Creek Thready??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rufflesal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Breaky Creek Thready??
    Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 10:36pm
I want to fish Breakfast Creek (Brisbane River) for Threadfin Salmon on Lures? To snaggy? I'd love to get one of those big fish for dinner after work one day. (day dreaming now...)
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 11:21pm
Ruffle, best bet around there would be Camerons Rocks.just down stream from Breaky mouth, opposite the BP garage....look for the big navigation beacon on the back of the rock. Deep water close to face along there.

Brad
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

reelsandlures63 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reelsandlures63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2012 at 10:22am
i hear around the gate way bridge area is producing good fish as well a lot over the metre mark.i know it is a fair distance from brekkie creek but is another option.you will also have to beef up your hardware on your lures for these fish.they also get a lot on the jackall transam when you find the thadies in that deep whole just drift through them jigging the jackalls.thanks steven
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2012 at 5:24pm
if they are not in the deep throw your lure/plastic/bait up on the sand edges at high tide...in literally an inch of water and start retrieve from their... gulp 3 inch shrimp..... fast jigging....pause.....fast......pause has been getting them up fraser way.
Jas
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
bluey View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2012 at 6:58pm
not from Brekky Creek, but mmmmmm Threadies, i do like the turn of speed
i don't eat them but lot's do
regards George

rufflesal View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rufflesal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2012 at 9:43am
Great Photos!

I think they are a great looking fish! Nice large fish all I want is one big one to cook one night. Tried yesterday at Breakfast Creek and other spots along the Brisbane River...caught nothing and lost my favourite brand new Lure AAARRGHH!!! I bloody hate that and had just replaced it! Got to laugh. LOL
I was pissed off for most of yesterday.
bluey View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2012 at 9:12pm
these are the two pics that won't show up in above reply
will try to get some pics off a local lad gets a lot 9-15kg fish real horses

regards George

Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 10:47am
Nice fish George lures or bait
bluey View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 11:13am
the biggest ones were on bait, but the lures worked faster got more strikes than a barra retrieve
regards George
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 7:35pm

Nice fish GeorgeThumbs Up

Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 8:45pm
Threadies are the current GOT TO GET ONE species. since they started reappearing in the Brissie river they have almost displaced the Snapper as THE species to target by lureophiles. And they have even started appearing up as far as Ipswich, with good size ones caught in the middle of town.

I'll wait for the crowds to thin as the gloss wears off and then go find one. Thumbs Up

Brad
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 10:08am
Someone said they don't eat them. Here in Darwin we'll trade one threadfin for three barra, as far as eating goes, especially after they've been gorging on jelly prawns. Can be a bugger to fillet, due to the nodes along the spine, but definitely our prefered table fish after golden snapper (fingermark to you Qlders LOL).
Seaweed.
"Always Merry and Bright"
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 2:20pm
those fish are stonkers GeorgeThumbs Up,i saw a few fish like that caught at Burrum heads a few years back,i decided to have a go at them with the live bait up there but just caught massive catfish that pooped all over the deck of my boatLOL.
hey Brad the shark fisherman catch the odd threadie at colleges crossing sometimes on thier live baits,my mate Josh caught one up the road near Kookaburra park ,i'll see if i can get a photo off of him
bluey View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 6:15pm
Chris if you go hunting again up this way holler out and i will try to give a few area's to have a go

Tony send your Barra down and i will post some king to you 
mmmmm salty Barrra stuffed with onion and tomato with garlic butter mmmmm

regards George 
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2012 at 12:17am
cheers mate i'll take you up on that
bluey View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2012 at 10:31pm
couple more local fish, caught in the last couple of weeks
just check the girth, great info from a couple of top fishermen
Davent View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2012 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by Capt.Seaweed Capt.Seaweed wrote:

Someone said they don't eat them. Here in Darwin we'll trade one threadfin for three barra, as far as eating goes, especially after they've been gorging on jelly prawns. Can be a bugger to fillet, due to the nodes along the spine, but definitely our prefered table fish after golden snapper (fingermark to you Qlders LOL).
Seaweed.

Ill 2nd that Tony, but I rate thready(on jelly prawns) better than goldies.

PS, great threadies fellas.
rufflesal View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rufflesal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 9:52pm
can someone suggest a great lure for threadys? I have a small selection of soft plastics, plastic yabbies, small poppers (for whiting), and some hard bodies. choices choices choices!

AWESOME PHOTOS FELLAS KEEP THEM COMING (great motivation)
bluey View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 10:30pm
all these fish are local Hervey Bay/Maryborough area
my friends and i have not got any on plastics as yet, but 12cm Nils Master/Bombers/Manns stretch 5
have been working along with live baits, sorry about fuzzy phone pics
regards George

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 6:22pm
Nice ones George, if they are anything like the blue salmon then they'll be top eating
Martin-

ricksadventures View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricksadventures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2015 at 5:00am
Great looking fish! I'll be in Brisbane for work 20-23 of August. I plan to fish after work, and was hoping to get a little insight on what type of lures to bring. A threadfin or a jewfish would be great, but any species is fine with me. Any fishing knowlege you are willing to share would be gladly welcomed. Thanks.

Rick
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2015 at 7:36pm
Depends upon your mobility Rick. For threadies like this I would try the mouth of Nundah Creek or the Brisbane River - gives you the option of fishing the flats or the edges of the channel. 
Martin-

hooknose View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hooknose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 9:32pm
Thready's love these !!!
Fish them slow and strike at the slightest tap on the lure.
Cheers Steve R.
MAN I LOVE FISHING ! ! !
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic