LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures > 3D Printed Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

budget 3D printer options

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furry lures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: budget 3D printer options
    Posted: 05 Dec 2023 at 9:32am
Hi Guys, 

I am looking to make a 3D printed head that can fit over a fly tying shank for a range of castable flies I am looking at doing. 

Unfortunately there isn't much info available in australia for this information as it relates to lure making so I thought I would start here. 

Basically i want to know from those that have used 3d printers for lure making what their opinion is on the options available in Aus from our online and in store retailers? 

I don't really need anything fancy, and I dont feel fish are that fussy on finishes of the 3D head its more the shape i need to push fibres back in a certain direction. 

This is a basic Idea of what I want to do (see pics) Has anyone played around with some of the more budget 3D printer options? like the creality ender 3 etc? Or other suggestions for a printer in that sub $500 price range? 

As you can see I have gone through the process of trialling clay model masters and creating silicone moulds but this is super difficult and costly to do for a prototype stage. I intend to make a 3D printed master and continue printing 3D heads or even make a master silicone mould from the 3D master

The head wont be structural as in it wont have to tolerate loads going through it etc the shank will do all the work 

Hope i Have explained that well enough!

Cheers, 

Frazer, 

Furry lures 
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2023 at 10:37am
great idea mate! i know theres a couple of guys on here do 3D printing good luck
that's no how ye make porridge!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic