LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures > Lures you have made
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Building an arsenal for Copeton

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Building an arsenal for Copeton
    Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 6:25pm
Here are a few pictures of the last couple of lures I have built to go and chase cod at Copeton as it starts to cool down.

First is an identical pair of 165mm walkers, they have a really nice action and move a lot of water. Will hopefully catch a big cods attention.

I have always loved Deceptions and have made my fair share of shrimp, nippers and cherax for personal use over the last few years, however these are the first Scampi's I have made. 130mm long with 2mm bib to target a big cod on the cast.

Tim
34 South
Chep Buxley View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chep Buxley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 8:17pm
Look good!
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 3:03pm
WOW top jobClap - look out codThumbs Up
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
TJC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 8:56am
It's getting to that time of the year to make a trip back to copeton, here are last few lures I've made with cod in mind.

First are a Redfin pair of 150mm shallow diver and a 230mm surface glide bait (swims in or just below the surface)

Next is a 190mm rat wake bait and a 200mm slow sink glide bait.

These are the first glide baits I have attempted and am still learning on optimal ballasting and tweaks to get to most out of their action. Totally different world from making divers and surface lures!
34 South
samurai View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
JaySea Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 10:43am
Love the 230 Glide BaitThumbs Up Great work.

Warren
Any Brand Of Lure Is Only As Good As The Fishermen Using It.
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 11:30am
i agree with Warren all those lures are great but the glide bait is really goodThumbs Up
that's no how ye make porridge!
beer-breath View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beer-breath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 12:11pm
beautiful stuff.
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 2:21pm
hi tim, when are you going to copeton? myself and a few mates are heading there on the 25th of may for a week. my son got his pb and good numbers of cod that time last year. only one of our group has been there before. i like the look of the redfin swimbait........mick
BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!!!
TJC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 6:02pm
Still turning out a few big lures. Turning my back on the 'elephants eat peanuts' theory and going all out on 'big lure, big fish'.

First is a 200mm deep diver, mainly built for trolling, but might get a cast. There are not too many lures in this size bracket getting trolled around, so hoping for a point of difference.

This is a bigger version of my 2-piece 160mm walker and comes in at 220mm (it can carry 3 hooks, but think they'll tangle too much). Moves a lot of water and looks likes a big lizard swimming along.

34 South
TJC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 6:21pm
This lure started as a glider, but couldn't get the action I wanted. So Improvise and overcome, turned into a big tail spinner. Whole body gets a wobble from the blade, weighted for a slow horizontal sink and gets a nice wobble on tha drop like a spybait. Body is 150mm, overall length around 230mm. Don't think many fish will have seen anything like this his season?

I'm really enjoying making glide baits, lot of work to get them balanced and sinking at the desired rate, takes quite a bit of tweaking each lure. First one is 220mm and second is a larger version of an ES Flat at 160mm.

Thanks for looking
34 South
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 9:32pm
very good, should go well on barra as well
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 9:51pm
Sensational. Love that second last glide bait.
al49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 12:17pm
top job on all of them ,would love to try that 150mm bait fish patten under that first glide bait on our barra up here
it a lot better world if you just smile
hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 3:38pm
"'Turning my back on the 'elephants eat peanuts' theory and going all out on 'big lure, big fish'' .

Check this out
http://www.lurelovers.com/forum/topic24272_post242092.html#242092

Pete
   'RAYNA' ---Free Range Lures
peterayn@yahoo.com.au
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic