LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Les Barlow
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bunch of MIDGETS!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bunch of MIDGETS!
    Posted: 01 Jul 2012 at 7:34pm
A while back I asked Les if he could make me a smaller lure than he has made before, something around the 2" size. Les was reluctant because smaller lures are difficult for him to manage. He made two new lures both orange, 55mm long which was a scaled down version of the 'Lil Squirt' (his favourite lure). This new Les Barlow model was called the 'Misfit' originally, then Les changed his mind on the name, preferring to call this little guy the 'midget'! These are the first ones ever made...however a couple of blokes saw them, liked them and so a few more were made and apparently have been tested. No reports of fish as yet. I haven't tried this lure in the water but I am sure it will work a treat. I am hoping to maybe get a trout or a yellow belly on it at some stage or even a sooty or jack up this way.

cheers steiny
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2012 at 8:19pm
love the simply rugged lures les makes.. great lures made for fishing...might need to get one of those and get a nice bass for him...
cool bunch steiny...
Jas
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2012 at 8:21pm
YEAH i dig em too every thing a cottage fish catching lure should be there coolBig smileClapregards bob
Mal Vader View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2012 at 8:44pm
The articulated tow point would give deep trolling some options. Thumbs Up
DARK LORD
In Space, no-one can hear you SCREAM!
ringo View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2012 at 8:49pm
Nice little lures.  They'd be great on the sooties(especially the orange and yellow ones) and they'd be tough enough to withstand the damage that the sooties dish out. 
dalbykayakin View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Smick Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalbykayakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 12:06am
I like the looks of them. Nice allround size
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 6:07pm
great action...to good not to use....ive got a few and the bass love them.....need to get les some pics.

horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 6:20pm
Les then made about 12 or 13 with only 1 hook hanger - at the rear. It was one of these that something big smashed off the surface while I was watching it free floating towards some rapids where I was going to retrieve it from. Les was jumping out of his skin when I told him.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 6:51pm
He told me that same story last winter when I stopped in for a visit. They are a cute little lure. I don't think I scored any with one hook hanger.
cheers steiny
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 8:56pm
Is this the Midget that you mentioned.
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 8:58pm
thatd be one Debbie.....that's a flash towpoint...looks stainless....did les do that one? usually gal...painted

handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 9:10pm
The tow point is painted silver as in around the bib and head. I also have Les's full range of lures.
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 9:21pm
ahh i see now....it looked stainless from a glance....i got one or two of les lures too...good fishing lures up there with the best better than a lot.

rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2013 at 7:34am
I was going through the lures I got off les on sunday and found two different lures with the same name on them, also one with no name at all. will be putting all 16 into a display case and showing les in October. he said he will verify all so I can put the right names on the right lures. said he doesn't drink but must have had too much water that dayTongue....mick
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2013 at 6:08pm
Sometimes Les does thatLOL, I have a few without his mark on them and another with the wrong name - was doing my head in until I realised what he had done - wonder if he was playing with me because he can get little cheeky.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2014 at 9:09am
Any fish pics Nicho? Can we see you lures too?
cheers steiny
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2015 at 9:10pm
Hi steiny....I will see if I can find any fish pics, probably on computer somewhere, the midgets have got some nice bass I know I did take a few a while back.
I got a couple of les barlows lures, plan on displaying a few also, I will post up in time.

Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2015 at 1:44pm
Just found this old post again steiny...if i remember i will get a photo of the couple of
les barlow lures i have here.
as for fish pics i think they must of been on my old phone that died, as i cant find them here, had a few good close ups too, will have to get back out there again and get a few more pics.
jas

steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2015 at 3:27pm
Yeah I still love these little guys.
cheers steiny
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2015 at 4:51pm
this is/was les barlows range of lures......mick
BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!!!
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2015 at 5:03pm
this photo might be a bit clearer....mick
BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!!!
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2015 at 5:46pm
well done mick.....great lures

jaybonnie View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2015 at 2:19am
Some great lures in that lotThumbs Up
THE CODFATHER
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2015 at 8:21am
I called in to see Les on my way home from Warwick last week and I found him in good health and spirits. Last time he was suffering from lower back pain and hadnt been near the shed in months so it was great to find him well and ready to have a long chat about cod and lures.
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2015 at 8:29am
Thats good debbie, i was wondering how he was holding up, intend to phone him this weekend to check up, just need to put an hr aside as its never a short phone call :)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic