Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Power Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Burl ives

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Industry Member
Industry Member
Power Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Padgey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Burl ives
    Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 9:10pm

After starting to carve some lures from a burl i wish i had`nt, one stanley blade per lure, but they came out great, i`ve only cleared one i`ll post the set when all rest are done, cheers Bryan.when the set is done it will not be for sale

HANDCARVED and HANDMADE TIMBER LURES
Poolie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poolie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 9:29pm
WOW! It looks like it's made from marble absolutely beautiful Bryan that's a killer shape.
PatB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PatB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 9:36pm
Soon as I saw the word burl I knew they were going to be beautiful if not tricky to carve but they are awesome. They do look like stone like that fossil stone all polished up. Top effort Pat.
Fool to the bream
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 9:39pm
Bloody hell Padgey, that is stunning, absolutely top class. Martin
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Mcleod View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Macquarie Customs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mcleod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 9:54pm
That just looks amazing, tough work but worth the effort I recon

Angus
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 9:59pm
Bryan that burl is tough as hey.....
Heres some Deception clones I did a fair while back.

bloody hard work, and the colours and patterns are amazing. Too heavy to fish but make great display lures.

Brad
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

Padgey View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
Power Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Padgey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 10:40pm
Yes Darby it`s harder than a cats head, i got this burl from wood show (brisbane) from the tassie stall he did tell me what it was but cannot remember what he said it was, cheers Bryan. 
ando 1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ando 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 11:21pm
they are without a doubt the best nudes i have ever seen....worth the effort and the few blades i reckon!!
simon bruce View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 12:56am
Padgey

that is a stunning bit of timber work.

Simon
Lofty View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Esoteric Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lofty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 5:56am
Bryan that is  what I would call beautiful nude,the amount of time and effort  to come up with a result like that was well worth while. Excellent end result.Lofty
Esoteric lures "For The Select Few"
Padgey View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
Power Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Padgey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 7:18am
Originally posted by Darby Darby wrote:

Bryan that burl is tough as hey.....
Heres some Deception clones I did a fair while back.

bloody hard work, and the colours and patterns are amazing. Too heavy to fish but make great display lures.

Brad
I thougth i`d put them i the bath to see if they would sink or swim and they swim here is one more thats not quiet finished a few more clear coats
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 7:45am
Absolutely STUNNING. How could you part with them. There has to be lures made that you can't part with. Brett Campbell has to put his Wife's name on those precious ones so he can't sell them. Odette's rules.
Padgey View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
Power Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Padgey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 9:46am
Well Debbie, i`ve got a box thats just about full of things(lures) one off`s that thought that i`d keep , but its time to have a clean out and get rid off some that i`ve started got half way with the set and started something else or had a heap of lures to do, and a blokes got to make a living ,cheers Byan.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic