LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > C Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

C Lure Restoration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: C Lure Restoration
    Posted: 17 Dec 2014 at 2:56pm
Hi All
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this post and won't be offended if Tony sees fit to move it.
I bought this lure a while ago and thought I would have a go at restoration. As you can see the paint was not very well attached and I was able to remove most of it with my finger nails and the edge of a knife. I removed the sticker and cleaned the paint stuck to it with a sharp blade. The bib was loose and the bib slot crooked, I straightened up the slot and reglued the bib, I swam tested and adjusted before beginning painting.

I dipped the lure in undercoat once a day for 5 days as others have outlined here on site, and gave a light fine sand between coats.

I tried to keep with the original paint scheme, however it's not exactly the same as you can see. I reapplied the sticker onto tacky 2 pac clear and put another 2 coats over it.
I'm not unhappy with the result, my hand dotting of eyes needs improving and I want to persevere with that. This was fun to do and I've a couple of others I may have a go at in the future.
Cheers Steve
saito View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2014 at 2:57pm
Very nice
Cheers

James

~Love my Bass fishing~
jebe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jebe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2014 at 3:39pm
Looks the business Steve, great restoration
Cheers
Justin
OCD View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
OCD Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OCD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2014 at 6:38pm
Nice job Steve, it is gratifying to put some life back into old lures.
Cheers,

Gavin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic