LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > Fishing with Lures > Fishing Destinations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cairns area

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cairns area
    Posted: 14 May 2014 at 4:31pm
I am heading up to Cairns next week for the young blokes state hockey championships and I was just wondering if any one had any ideas on some land based options. I am staying about 1.5km from the main part of Cairns and will be doing all my travelling on foot. Any ideas muchly appreciated.
Bkool.
zeno5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeno5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2014 at 4:51pm
Try in the Barron,where the salt meets the fresh below lake Placid.. Chance of anything there.. Cheers
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2014 at 6:08pm
Just remember, this is a different Lake Placid to what is in the movie of the same name (ps, don't watch the movie firstWink)
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Davent View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 10:35pm
How did you go?
sorry i missed this thread, there are a few good land based places to try, yorkys knob, suicide bends on the to port douglas and palm cove headland for a start.
hope you had a good time.
Atheism is a non prophet organisation
bkool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 9:47am
Hi Dave,
We did not get to much time to fish and since I was on foot we only got down to the cruise ship wharf twice, once at night and once in the day. We did not get any fish as we only took lures and on that wharf it was pretty high up. But we still had a good couple of days up in Cairns. we are back there in September for the u 18 state championships so I will do a bit more research before then.
Bkool.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic