LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lure Market > Charitable Auctions/Sales
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Carl Grist from "c" lures Baby Herrings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote keith2372 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carl Grist from "c" lures Baby Herrings
    Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 8:40pm

Thanks to a very kind man by the name of Carl Grist these two lures have been donated for research into Mulitple Sclerosis.
These two lures will be sold to the highest offer at 6.00pm on the 8/11/2014.
The information below about the lures was emailed to me by carl.

These two lures were carved mid last year and painted earlier this year, they are my original 85
Baby Herrings but with scalloped bellies, have never done them like this before, I was just practising with the knife after a long spell, so it makes these two the only ones in existence, I took them out of my #1 colour set.

I cannot express my gratitude enough to Carl for the donation of these lures.
Keith
Lefty View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lefty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 4:50pm
Well its certainly a good cause so lets be generous...happy to get the ball rolling hmmm lets say $200.
keith2372 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keith2372 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 6:00pm
Steve B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 6:34pm
Absolutely a good cause, $250.
Cheers Steve
grey nomad View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote grey nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 8:22pm

Was talking to Keith earlier, got him to edit this post and suggested it would be better if all offers were open for public view and not through PM's, he agreed, so thanks Lefty and Steve for taking the initiative and good luck to all.

Have posted a pic of some of my #1 colour set, I am slowly trying to carve one of each model but somewhere no doubt I will strike problems, thought you all might like to see where the Herrings used to live, they will not be replaced so whoever ends up with them will have something special, I only signed a few of this set with CG because at the time my hands were shaking to much Embarrassed (crappy medication), so if the winner would like my signature on the bib I am happy to do so, just let Keith or myself know.

Cheers Gristy

Gristy
Lefty View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lefty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 8:42pm
yep, there awesome all together, thanks for posting Gristy.

Looks like I have some competition for these two Steve.

$280
keith2372 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keith2372 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 9:46pm
Steve B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 3:09pm
Nice lures, I'll round it up to $300
Cheers Steve
Steve B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2014 at 6:47pm
good cause 😄 bump
keith2372 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keith2372 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 7:19pm
Very good cause Steve indeed. At this prices these lures are been given away.
Lefty View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lefty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 7:50pm
Well not sure about giving it away but, yes its a good cause. No more funds in the kitty for me though this close to xmas. Will have to bow out gracefully and save my penny's for the next one that catches my eye...
Mal Vader View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mal Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 8:47pm
Not like you, Jas............
I'll pick up where you left off(pun?)
$320 or 3200 Republic Credits, is the bid from the DARK LORD!!!
No shock and awe tactics this time.
DARK LORD
In Space, no-one can hear you SCREAM!
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grey nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 8:51pm

All good fellas Thumbs Up, there are a lot of things happening out there at the moment and as Lefty points out, money is tight and it is getting close to Chrissy.

It's a known fact that if you put enough drops of water in a bucket you will eventually fill it, $300 more in the bucket is a lot better than nothing, thanks Steve (and Lefty), still 5 days to go so we will see.

I am still very happy to have donated those lures to such a good cause and well done to Lani so far Clap.

I am going bush tomorrow for 10-12 days so will not be around for the end, will finalise posting etc when I get back, hope that is ok with the winning bidder Big smile.

Cheers Gristy

Gristy
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grey nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by Mal Vader Mal Vader wrote:

Not like you, Jas............
I'll pick up where you left off(pun?)
$320 or 3200 Republic Credits, is the bid from the DARK LORD!!!
No shock and awe tactics this time.

Bugga me Mal Shocked where did you spring up from LOL, there must be some light at the end of your
dark tunnel after all Big smile, welcome aboard Thumbs Up.
Gristy
kayargh1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kayargh1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 1:59pm
I am happy to bid $350. Regards, Ken.
Steve B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 11:13am
$360
Cheers Steve
keith2372 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keith2372 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 6:40pm
keith2372 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keith2372 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2014 at 6:46am
Last chance these two beautiful lures will sell tonight at 6pm to the highest offer.
Good luck.
kayargh1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kayargh1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2014 at 2:09pm
I am happy to increase my bid to $400. Regards, Ken.
Steve B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2014 at 5:59pm
$410
Cheers Steve
keith2372 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keith2372 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2014 at 6:17pm
Congratulations Steve B you are winning bidder on the Carl Grist lures. And a great big thanks to everyone who place a offer and especially to to Carl for the lures.
You have made a massive difference to a great cause.
Thanks again Keith
Steve B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2014 at 6:44pm
Hi Keith and Carl
PMs sent, tried to send to both of you at once, however had to send them separately.
Cheers Steve
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic