LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > Lure Collecting > Maintaining your collection
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cataloging your collections

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RossPerth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cataloging your collections
    Posted: 09 Jan 2015 at 7:43pm
Just out of interest how do you catalogue your collections or don't you?
Does anyone use any particular apps to do it, how good are they?
reel deal View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote reel deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2015 at 8:41pm
Hi Ross and welcome to the site...

Initially I have sorted all lures by makers surname regardless of how many designs he has made.

I have then taken the task to photograph every single lure at under 1mg resolution and just opened a basic word folder and stored the jpeg images in the respective maker folder.

This is the MENCHIN Lures sub folder

For a background, I originally used black but now use a coloured A4 sheet of paper - base red/ dark green/ canary yellow depending on the lure colour so I can achieve contrast.

Using a 'shrink' program, I have then copied and reduced each image down to under 30kb and are in the same maker order on my iphone.. If I see a lure available, it is a quick refer to the phone and then dig the wallet as necessary.

It was an onerous task and needs to be updated at each new lure or trade..

wadey
www.reeldealfishing.com.au
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2015 at 8:49pm
Ross, You could always use one of the free collection software progams
Google search...antique collection software

I did buy a progaram called TreasureSoft a few years ago, have installed it but never really did anything more than that....maybe on some rainy day when I am laid up with lumbago LOL

"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

NQ FISH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NQ FISH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2015 at 10:53pm
Has anyone put out an Australian lure collectors book? there's plenty out there on all the American lures. Great idea real deal very time consuming but what a great reference guide.
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2015 at 3:55pm
Cataloging my lures.........now there's an idea, probably do on a rainy day when I am laid up with "RUM SAGO" Wink.          

If you have never made a rum and coke sago, then you are missing outClap
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2015 at 5:43pm
Sago Sick
you are sick and twisted Martin, and have way too much spare cash if you are wasting Bundy like that
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2015 at 6:26pm
Don't knock it till you try it BradClap.     Gotta try a green ginger wine sago yetThumbs Up
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2016 at 6:51am
NQ fish yes theres afew ozi collection books to read out thereClapClapTongueTongueregards bob
Tony Mc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Mc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2016 at 4:26pm
Bob, can you give us any titles and ISBN's (usually found on the back cover)?
 I have the Lure Encyclopaedia by Frank Prokop ISBN 186513067 - 2
and The Book of Lures by Ron Calcutt and Tim Simpson ISBN 0 - 7318 - 1208 - 5

It'd be great to find a book on Australian lures written in the same style as Grant's Guide to Fishes.
Cheers.
a good lure is a tool, not a toy - Vic McCristal
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2016 at 8:16pm
THE ones ive got are franks the freshwater fishing i think its a early oneBig smileBig smileregards bob
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic