LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Killalure
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

chasin pack rat

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ridgey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: chasin pack rat
    Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 8:30pm

I was wondering if anyone could help me tracking down a couple of these. It has killalure on the bib and 85mm. I believe its a pack rat 85mm hot pink? but i cannot find them anywhere to buy. This one is my fave trolling lure but starting to look a bit haggered and want to replace. I have some of the smaller 45mm ones but they are not the same.

Would even consider buying some used ones.

thanks in advance
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 8:35pm
K-Mart usually has loads.
ridgey View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ridgey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 8:38pm
checked, can find the river rat range around everywhere but not the pack rat with the distinct eyes on the back of the lure not the front
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 8:40pm
I'm sure there were a few in my local K-mart before xmas.
I'll have a look again next time I go through.
Willing to look at other colours too?
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 8:44pm
I'm 99% certain the pack rat isn't made anymore. I've got small ones laying around mate but not the bigger size. They pop up on eBay from time to time though
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 8:55pm
I had a look on my tackle shelf.
I've got one PakRat 65mm in "Pink Purple" colour.
In pack - very yellow aged looking blister pack.
It's a bit unusual for me to have just one mint one. Usually they only live in pack if I have a couple in my fishing box already. I must have used/lost/given away some others at some point.
As I said, I'll have a look through a couple of kmarts I was sure had them. Though they may have all been 65s?
ridgey View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ridgey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 9:08pm
I have a black and orange pack rat in the large 85mm size, I can be trolling it beside the pink and not get a strike yet the pink catches big fish in all the local dams. I have heaps of the 45mm and 65mm in various colours just not the 85mm
ridgey View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ridgey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 9:13pm
wish they were made still :( the big pink 85mm has caught three times the fish of my best gold bomber
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 9:20pm
Dip the orange one in a pink paint
ridgey View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ridgey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 8:24am
hah that's a good idea ducks, might make a straight pink one
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 9:12am
I had a look through the one Kmart which I'm sure is where I bought my remaining one (and more that have gone walkies) last year and got nada.
I did notice their fishing section on the whole is smaller, and the "brand name" gear has all but disappeared (except for good ranges of squidgies and gulp). Even the Halco metals were in short supply!
So might have missed the boat on it.
There is a couple of other stores I am certain I saw old killa stock in while we were shopping before Christmas, but I have no idea when I'll get to those.
ridgey View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ridgey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 11:07am
yeah ive basically given up. caught another two barra on the weekend using the old one and the bigger of the two almost sliced through 100lb leader!

might dig the other orange one out and give it a coat of bright pink paint
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2015 at 7:14pm
Hi Ridgey
I realize this post is old and The lure is probably smaller than you are looking for
But Elephants eat peanuts
I have this one if it is any help to you, let me know. and yes I have a bit of a thing for pink as well its a color that seems to work well
Cheers Kimo   
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2015 at 7:35pm
i have one, unused. swap for something else.....mick
BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!!!
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2015 at 8:05pm
Sorry I thought I put a Pic up

Cheers Kim
ridgey View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ridgey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 8:04pm
hi

sorry only just seen these replies!! can I buy off you both? how much?

cheers
ridgey View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ridgey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 8:05pm
hey mick.

what you chasing for it? what size is it?

cheers
Oldman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 9:48pm
wrong colour, but right lure.

ridgey View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ridgey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 10:06pm
They look pretty close! Certainly could paint pink. Are they still for sale?
goldtrev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote goldtrev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 7:47am
Hi,  I have 4 Killalure pak rats in 85 mm . Golden Streak(pink and gold), gold and black, black and white and our favourite hot pink.
I also have 2 in 45mm and 2 in 65mm lengths but no hot pink.
Also have made some wooden copies that I made when I could not purchase the originals.
PM if you are interested.
goldtrev
ridgey View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ridgey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 8:26am
trev don't tease me :) whats your price on the pink one and maybe one other?
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 2:55pm
85mm body, 115 overall, unused, perfect condition no package. i have others, 65mm/85mm, some used some not, different colours. don't know what it's worth. they would be a lure for fishing wouldn't they, or collecting. you tell me what you want to pay for it.....mick
ridgey View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ridgey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 3:02pm
in the pink mick?
ridgey View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ridgey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 3:03pm
I have been using it for trolling over the years, my grandfather gave it to me years ago before he passed and then I stupidly lost it one day on a snag and been forever trying to replace
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 3:19pm
ridgey View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ridgey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 3:32pm
that's her!

Whats your price?
ridgey View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ridgey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 8:29pm
mick can you email me please or ring/text on 0409763293, for some reason cant get into priv messaging. cheers goldtrev if you can also let me know keen to get a few if i can

thanks all
goldtrev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldtrev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 10:37am
Nathan you probably have not set up your profile so you may not receive messages.

Forum with Sub Forum(s)
Forum Announcements
Announcements from LureLovers.com Fishing Lure and Tackle Forum
Sub Forum(s): Members Only Announcements
50 1483 IMPORTANT: Please check your profile...
By Tony View Last Post
04 Nov 2015 at 5:06am
If you send your email address to 0432356271 I will email you some photos.  My phone doesn't send photos.

After you set your profile you may wish to read my PM to you.

Hope this assists.

Regards
goldtrev
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic