LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > What the blazes is this fishing Lure?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chinese copy or not??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stilltryin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chinese copy or not??
    Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 11:51am
Picked up this lure recently and thought it was a cheap Chinese copy originally however looking at the screwed in metal bib and the trebles fitted without split rings had me second guessing. Can anyone assist me please with identification.
scotch&dry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotch&dry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 12:28pm
was quite a few companies making this kind of lure back in the day heddon with their river runts ,bellbrook also made a similar shape and abu,s hi-lo just to name a few ,maybe search some old lure advertising mate ,cheers Ed
Ed.McC
stilltryin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stilltryin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 3:51pm
Thanks for that, Yeah might have to see what is around. I have bellbrooks and Abu Hi-lo's and they are similar. closer to an Abu , might look for a chart on the models they made
Chep Buxley View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chep Buxley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 8:24pm
Not sure but it looks old.
samurai View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
JaySea Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 12:03pm
That lure is not Chinese made, I can assure you of thatSmile.

Cheers Warren
Any Brand Of Lure Is Only As Good As The Fishermen Using It.
rivermandave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rivermandave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 1:50am
An American company named Herters also made Runt copies - late 1960's to 1970's.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic