LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cleaning up grease over enamel paint

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cleaning up grease over enamel paint
    Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 11:50pm
Hey guys,

I've made a few last minute top water lures for a trip to port Douglas next week. My airbrush is out of commission, so I've slapped on some rattle can enamel paint.

I haven't used them before and my question is... I used masking tape to help create some stencils on a couple of the baits and its left a nasty residue on them, so what can I use to remove the glue from the tape without stripping the enamel paint?

Will metho work or should I purchase some degreaser?

Thanks for the help everyone.

Cheers,

Ces.
samurai View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
JaySea Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2019 at 8:57am
Hi Ces, Mate if the lures are going to be used, don't worry about the residue, the fish won't care only pretty  stick collectors and buyers worry about those sort of things thingsWinkLOL
Cheers Samurai 
Any Brand Of Lure Is Only As Good As The Fishermen Using It.
Ces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2019 at 10:51am
Cheers samurai. I'm more worried about the clear coat bonding. These are definitely for the fish.

Thanks again.
al49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2019 at 12:24pm
you could use eucalyptus oil on them if the residue gets dirty when using them ,it wont effect the top coat at all
it a lot better world if you just smile
Ces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 8:34pm
Thanks again guys. I think I'm just going to live with it. 

But another question now.... 

Would there be a problem using stick on eyes between coats of a spray can urethane top coat?

Appreciate the help, as always.

Cheers,

Ces.
LOBBY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOBBY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 9:29pm
Ces, I have been using stick on eyes for quite a long time now but I recess them then put a drop of super glue to sequre them.I then give the lure a spray with polyurethane and never have had any problems.
regards , Don.
DON
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic